Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 12/30

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What intention are you setting for the new year? 
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 12/30

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 15, but 2nd benched 

WTO/TWW? WTO but benched for surgery cycle

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just anxious to get this procedure over with and get the results so that we know what we are dealing with. 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’ve been off basically since the 19th and DH was off with me up until Christmas - it was so nice and we did so many fun Christmas things with DD. And now we are having so much fun playing with her new toys! We bought her those crayons that you can use on glass - we have a big sliding door in our family room going to our deck and DD and I have spent a ton of time coloring there together. It’s just been really nice, she’s at such a fun age. Starting to be her own little person but still my baby ❤️

GTKY:  I’m going to do my best to stick with a consistent bedtime - DH gets up at 5 so I’m awake then no matter what, but usually just stay in bed half asleep until the last possible minute. But I’m probably not getting much more actual rest. So I’m hoping if I go to bed earlier regularly, I’ll be able to wake up with him and do something productive versus half sleeping. We’ll see haha. 

• Options
    @bows22 I've been thinking about your upcoming surgery. I hope you get some answers. Fingers crossed for you!

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 2/2
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I see my ObGyn about my pain on the 14th, which is when I should be getting close to O and in theory my pain should be worst. Not looking forward to that but it's been weird tracking my pain through my cycle. I don't know if we'll catch the egg this time or not. I'm in an ntnp mindset until we get this figured out. 
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag: I didn't kill any family over the holidays so that's awesome. I was not immune to the onslaught of pregnancy announcements which even though I haven't been trying very long and even though I have two kids still kind of hurts when I think about what I difficulties I may face if the diagnosis of endometriosis is correct. 
    GTKY: What intention are you setting for the new year? I'm going to take things in stride, remind myself that there's only so much I can control, and keep being myself unapologetically.  
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bows22 Hoping for good/manageable results for you! When is your procedure planned for again? Window crayons sound so fun! Do they clean off easily? I might have to look into getting some of those because my DD is such an artist. 

@ashaislurking I feel you on the pregnancy announcements. I’ve only been trying for 2 cycles now but I’ve wanted another one for years and just haven’t felt like we were at a place financially to be able to have another baby until now. My cousin just announced shes pregnant with her second on New Year’s Eve and I was very jealous. Super happy for her too! But jealous it’s not me. 😕

Month/Cycle? 2

WTO/TWW?  TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am oddly hopeful for this one but that also makes me kind of annoyed with myself because if my hopes are up it’s a bigger let down so I tell brain to stop being hopeful. Why am I like this? Lol. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Yesterday was my DDs birthday! She turned 5! It feels like kind of a big one. She was also super excited about it so she was trying to act very mature all day and even ordered her own food, in a quite mature way, when we went out to dinner. Haha. Now I’m just losing my mind over getting everything together for her birthday party on Sunday. In an effort to save money this year I decided to do a lot more myself including planning to make a fairly ambitious cake. The anxiety is real! But I’m sure I’ll get through it and everything will turn out okay. 

I honestly haven’t thought too much about this. I think the only hopes I have is to continue to focus on growing my career this year. I would also like to go into this year having more patience with DD. Praying that 5 is the age where temper tantrums start to decrease. Lol. 
  • Options
    ashaislurkingashaislurking member
    edited January 2020
    @krystrist2014 Happy birthday to YD! 5 is a fun age. ODS did start to test boundaries a bit more this past year, but the tantrums did start to go away and we're able to talk to him and explain things to him in a more adult way and have him understand so that's great! I hope this cycle is it for you, but I definitely get the feeling of "don't get your hopes up". I had the same internal struggle while ttc YDS. Hang in there!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    Hi girls! I've missed you all :)

@bows22 I'm so happy to hear about the wonderful things you all did on the break as a family! It warms my heart that you got that precious time together :) I hope your first day back to work is a quick and painless one today!

@ashaislurking ugh I hate that you're still in pain :( Annnnd that you'll stay that way until at least the 14th when you have your follow-up. I can't believe the follow-up was scheduled so far out when you're in this much pain. I like your new year intention of taking things in stride and not apologizing for just being you! You should never have to apologize for that <3

@krystrist2014 Happy birthday to YD!!! 5 really was a great age! 

What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 16/13

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 7.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Taking it one day at a time and trying not to read too much into anything that I may or may not be feeling! We have our re-grouping consultation meeting this afternoon with the RE to discuss other options for us moving forward. Sigh.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had such a magical Christmas this year! DS has said it was very memorable and the best one yet! I had such a great time having almost 2 solid weeks off with him and making memories. I got to see my niece and nephew for a few days too, which is always the best. I love when those cousins get together <3 

GTKY: What intention are you setting for the new year? I want to have more patience. More patience with my son, with myself and my body, and more patience with this TTC process. And to focus more on the blessings that I have instead of the addition that I want so badly.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @bows22  Two is such a fun age!  I was actually planning to buy some of those crayons that can be used on glass.  Several people over this past week have recommended them to me.  Also, I hope that everything goes well with your procedure and that you get some answers.

@ashaislurking  I found the pregnancy announcements over the holidays to be hard too.  I felt bad because I already have a kid, and I haven't been trying too long yet.  It still hurts though.  I think that it hurts because I don't know what the future holds either.  

@krystrist2014  I feel like turning 5 is a big deal!  Good luck with the party planning!

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW

Any thoughts about this cycle? I have felt good about every cycle so far, so I keep getting my hopes crushed when I see a BFN.  My cycles are usually predictable, and the timing seems to be good with each one.  I plan to test at the end of next week.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I have a good feeling about this year.  I woke up yesterday feeling happy and satisfied with how life is going.  

GTKY: What intention are you setting for the new year?   I'm going to continue to TTC, and if there isn't a BFP at some point this year, then I will be one and done.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad to see more of you back in here this week! The last few weeks have been crazy busy and I've been lurking the other threads to see what you're all up to. 
    @kpearse99 I hope the regroup with your RE goes well today and I'm glad you had such a great holiday with your family!
    @AB518 I hope 2020 is a good year for a lot of us. Fingers crossed for you! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    @bows22 those window crayons sound awesome! Where do you buy them? DS got coloring books with special markers that only color on the pages in the books. I'm excited about those (and not having random marker everywhere in my house)
    @ashaislurking the holiday announcements are so hard, plus it feels like so many announce around Christmas... is everyone due in June?! 

Month/Cycle? 12, 3 AL

WTO/TWW? Pretty sure TWW, waiting for CHs

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling more positive now that the holidays are over (less pressure!) and my chart is a little easier to read. I feel like it took a few cycles to get back to normal (physically and emotionally) after my MC and I think I'm in a good place now.

Any questions? n/a

Rant/Rave/Brag: Today, my boss announced some cutbacks and a few of my co-workers will be working reduced hours. I've been planning to quit once the holiday craziness is over, but now I feel bad about jumping ship. 

GTKY: What intention are you setting for the new year? I feel like I've been in a waiting phase for the past year and a half between TTC and being in a job where I feel unfulfilled (and trying to find a new one). I've decided to switch careers and I'm studying to become a CPT. So, even if this TTC journey doesn't work out, I'm excited to have something new to focus on and feel hopeful about.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    @mamasloth I think there are a lot of people who wait to announce too (for a variety of reasons) and determine that announcing during the holidays is convenient for them. I'm glad you're in a better place now that the holidays are over and you've had more time to process everything going on. Hopefully the new year brings some great things for you!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    @krystrist2014 thanks! The procedure is on Tuesday! Not much longer to wait. Happy birthday to your DD! That is too cute about her ordering her own dinner. Good luck with the party! Everything will be perfect, even if it’s not! 

@kpearse99 I’m very excited for you this cycle, I’m glad you had the regrouping appointment but I’m hoping so much that it ends up being a waste of time!❤️

@AB518 I was always so hopeful with every cycle too (before I found out about my issues). It was always like, this one HAS to be the one! So I totally understand how you are feeling. Fingers crossed that this one IS it for you! 

@mamasloth I want to say we bought the crayons at michaels! They are easy to clean off except when she presses really hard, so we are trying to tell her to “be gentle” but it’s still not really that bad. The bigger problem (and this is also with those markers that you mentioned) is getting her to understand which writing utensil goes on which surface! Haha. But she’s been pretty good so far. What is a CPT? Google tells me either phlebotomist or personal trainer. Both of which are amazing and things I couldn’t do haha! 
  • Options
    @ashaislurking That's a good point! 
    @bows22 Personal trainer! It's something I've always been interested in, just never thought it would be my career until I started feeling unfulfilled in my current one.
    That's a good point about the markers, our other issue is DS never puts the caps back on. And our dog eats the crayons, but what can you do? lol

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? THB 2, hopefully pregnancy 5

Month/Cycle? 13/12

WTO/TWW? TWW

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hope we get to save our money!

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Glad it’s Friday. Going back for two days of work instead of 5 wasn’t bad. I had all of the creative juices flowing because I wasn’t drained!

Better communication, especially positive stuff

@bows22 Hey, twin. DH wakes me up at 5 four days a week and it drives me nuts. I have to temp at that time when he isn’t home now and it sucks. Two is such a fun and also sometimes frustrating age.
    @ashaislurking I hope they figure out your pain source quickly and that it’s easily treated. My sister had severe endo and I’ll never forget the pain she was in. She had a partial hysterectomy when she was told she was done and she feels so much better.
    @krystrist2004 Two years is a long time and you don’t have to justify the way you feel. You aren’t alone!
    @mamasloth I looked into becoming a trainer and the hours can be nuts since you’re dealing with working around people’s work schedules.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I'm glad you're setting the intention of communicating the positive stuff. I worked on that a lot after my first burning man regional and it has helped my relationships so much. I hope it's a positive move for you too! I hope you get to save your money and get your sticky THB soon! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC