Group 1 Check-in (3/1-3/8) w/o 12/30

EDD/W+D: 

Team pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)?

Re: Group 1 Check-in (3/1-3/8) w/o 12/30

• Options
    @lemonlove86, thanks for kicking us off! 

EDD/W+D: March 8, 30+1 (which is T-9+6, wth!)

Team pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Summer cantaloupe

Cravings/Aversions: Nah. And as far as symptoms go, just a little more heartburn and mid-back pain (but no lower!) than I've had in the past couple weeks. 

Upcoming appts: Jan 6, for F/U U/S and general check-in. 

Rants/Raves: Great holiday break with my folks, 3 pups, and wonderful husband. Honestly, no rants right now, besides maaaaybe the rain starting up again tomorrow. 

Questions: Anyone doing anything to prep their pets for baby? Mine is a 1.5 years old springer spaniel, and generally great with little kiddos, but loves sneaking up into bed and on couches and generally has a bit of a naughty streak. 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? I always try to do two -- give up one thing and start up one thing. This year: less screen time (or at least, more intentional screen time, since I read a lot on my phone/Kindle) and do something active (I have a list of activities that "count") at least 5 days a week. 
  • Options
    vrstrawnvrstrawn member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/W+D: March 7, 30+2

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini

Cravings/Aversions: none!

Upcoming appts: 1/10 for general check in

Rants/Raves: I had the best time visiting my family over Christmas! I have the post-holiday blues now that I am back at work, but we are interviewing people to take my position this week and next so hopefully I'll be out of here soon. My commute is 2 hours a day and that much driving is killing me. 

Questions: Anyone else's baby breech? I know we have plenty of time for him to flip, but I'm already worried about it! 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? I'm still working on mine, but I know one is to read 45 books and the other is to run the Marine Corps marathon! Yes, I know that is a VERY lofty goal but I think I can do it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 1st, 31+1 (Due in 8w6d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus and/or baseball glove? LMAO so random

Cravings/Aversions: My sweet tooth is in high gear...chips ahoy has been a real problem this go 'round

Upcoming appts: Friday, Jan. 3 at 1PM. I need to go get my glucose test done because I keep avoiding the hour-long lab visit, and of COURSE there is a whopping snowstorm happening where I live that won't end until Wednesday morning. Ugh.

Rants/Raves: MY SCIATICA, MAN. I've never had sciatic pain (this is my third pregnancy), but I feel like I have a charlie horse running all the way down my left buttcheek right to the back of my knee. Also, the lower back pain is REAL this time. In other news, completely healthy pregnancy and I am super fortunate to feel as great as I do, so I feel bad even complaining.

Questions: Is anyone having pain during/after sex? TMI, but my vagina feels like I have rugburn every time (yes, we use lubrication/plenty of foreplay). It's a real pain in the...parts lol

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? The usual...drink more water, be more active, try to be less of a jerk about my high expectations of having a clean home lmao
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 7, 30 + 2.. I can't believe it! 

Team pink/blue/green: Team pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Slinky Dog from Toy Story  :D

Cravings/Aversions: My eating habits have pretty much gone back to pre-pregnancy-normal, thankfully! I need to get back to grocery shopping and stocking up on healthy snacks since I finally can stomach normal food.

Upcoming appts: Checkup on Thursday

Rants/Raves: Rant- My GERD is really bothering me. I can't drink water and lay down or I'll regurgitate  :s . Rave- DH took off work during my winter break, so it's just been the two of us chilling the last week. He doesn't go back to work until the 2nd and I go back the 6th- the quality time has been awesome!

Questions: Nothing specific besides like, everything! Haha. Feeling good about setting up the nursery and getting my hospital bag list set up, but always looking for STM+ suggestions

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? Wow you all are rockstars with your resolutions!! Mine is to be gracious with myself throughout this first time parenting journey- continue taking time for my mental health and working as a partner with DH through it all!
  • Options
    @lemonlove86 the GERD is REAL over here too!!! It's so annoying. I have found that drinking chamomile tea sits a little bit easier than trying to just drink water, so that's my go-to at nighttime. As far as your questions go, I'm a TTM and I can tell you that honestly "winging it" is how the majority of us operate. Plan/control what you can, and remember that everything else will fall into place! Also, LOVE your New Year's resolution. Taking care of yourself is so important and you and your DH working as a team is as well. Sending big love!

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/1 31+2

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus, these still don't make sense to me

Cravings/Aversions: Junk food cravings have subsided some after some over indulging Christmas week!!

Upcoming appts: Had an ultrasound at perinatal yesterday, everything looked good. She is measuring larger than her gestational date and what the bump says they weigh at this point. She's estimated to be a little over 4 lbs, which is not surprising as my other two were really, really big (10.2 at 41+6) and bigger than average (8.3 at 39 weeks). So, while I feel like I don't have a lot of room left, I feel like she has a ways to go, so grow baby grow!!

Rants/Raves: With the year turning over, just really feeling the heat of baby getting close. Our kitchen is still not close to done and I am internally freaking the F out at DH. He is in his own head, things have to be done at his own pace, he has a hard time putting his plans into words, and he usually pulls through, but I can't handle his last second lifestyle sometimes. 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? I'm in this weird place of not being able to stop wanting more, so I'm going to try and refocus on what I have and finding appreciation in that. Decluttering, minimizing, spending more quiet time playing with the kids.

@pdx2020 for pets, I only have opinions, but I feel like they are how they are a lot of times. I think if your pup has a good natured demeanor, she will stay that way toward the baby!! As far as naughtiness, like if she's going to eat the contents of your diaper genie, same as kids, just have to try to keep the temptations to a minimum, but if they have access, they will do it..they will do it all, haha.

@lemonlove86 I agree with @mommyxthree2020 that winging it is the name of the game for such a large part of it!! Already going in knowing to give yourself grace is HUGE!!! The pressure to get things 'right' is ridiculous when there are a thousand sides to every 'right'. 
  • Options
    @stac4056, luckily she hasn’t gone after any trash yet! And I love your resolution! I’ve had a similar focus for the last couple years and recommend Cait Flanders’ “The Year of Less” and Rachel Jonat’s “Do Less.” Found them both super helpful in refocusing! Bonus: you save money, energy, time, and space.