July 2020 Moms
Options

Group 4 (July 25-31) Weekly Check-in w/o 12/30

(Copied from June because I hate coming up with GTKY questions)

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? 

Re: Group 4 (July 25-31) Weekly Check-in w/o 12/30

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 25th, 10+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego Minifigure 

Upcoming appointments: Supposed to be 1/10, but I think I may switch offices before then, so I'm not totally sure. 

How are you feeling? Miserable. So much nausea and vomiting. I feel like I have a good day or two and then BAM. 

Raves/Rants: 
    I'm really struggling with food aversions in addition to the all day nausea and vomiting. I am also struggling to keep up with housework. I just need a month or two of sleep. 

Questions: How far are you guys traveling from home to the hospital you will deliver at? I'm considering going from a hospital 30 minutes away to one that is 1.5 hours away because the standard of care at the local hospital/doctor's office is so different than what I've previously experienced. I've had two babies with long NICU stays and they don't have a nicu any closer than 1.5 hours away, and also they dont offer any genetic screenings- including NIPT or NT scan. Thos makes me very uncomfortable. I also know of 4 kiddos born here in the last two years who had undiagnosed defects upon delivery which required emergency transfers to larger hospitals for immediate surgeries. 

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? I grew up with parents who were never married to one another. At my mom's house I have 2 sisters and a stepbrother. At my dad's house I have 3 sisters (one deceased) and a brother, in addition to both a step brother and a step sister. So, including the step siblings I have 8 siblings. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10 and 2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: OB appt today

How are you feeling? Struggling with the fatigue and the nausea has kicked it up a few notches this week. On the positive side, we’ve started telling family and friends, so it’s making things more real and exciting.

Raves/Rants: I had some truly delicious chocolate milk this morning. I couldn’t tell you the last time that I had some, but it was calling my name in my work cafeteria 😂

Questions: I swear I can never think of any questions when I fill these things out!

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? 
    Im the oldest of 3. My brother is the middle child and my sister is the youngest 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kristinl492 good luck at your appointment today! I'm the oldest out of all my siblings! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10 weeks, July 27

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO at ultrasound

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man

Upcoming appointments: not until 1/24, at 13.5 weeks

How are you feeling? My main symptom has been fatigue, and yesterday my husband let me basically stay in bed all day while he dealt with the kids. So relatively well rested today! But having a lot of tugging and pulling in my abdomen that is getting kind of annoying. 

Raves/Rants: My sister guessed I was pregnant this time, so she found out a lot earlier than the other times. The other day she was like, “you must be into your second trimester now, right?” I was like, “WRONG, we are weeks away from that! Goes by slowly when you know about it from the start, huh?” I guess my rant is just thinking about how long pregnancy takes and how early on it still is!

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? Just the one sister mentioned above - she’s 2 years older but everyone always thinks I’m older now. I hope because I have kids, a real job, am married, etc., and not because I look it... although those things probably make me look a lot older too. 😭
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10.1   7/26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): paper clip (though my favorite was a tator tot a few days back. That’s baby’s current nickname) 

Upcoming appointments: 1/8 for OB check and probably schedule NT

How are you feeling? Crummy. When I first wake up I’m okay. But as the day goes on I feel miserable. My boobs hurt so much. I’ve started having heartburn. The nausea. Lack of sleep. (I’m actually supposed to be at work today. But I also didn’t sleep very much the last few nights so I’m not playing that game today. Sorry.) 

Raves/Rants: the fact my body rejects any really healthy food. But also is protesting and upset with all the carbs and junk I’ve been eating. Rant. 

Questions: is it too early for a pregnancy pillow? 😂

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? 3 older sisters and an older brother. One of my siblings had her first this past April and my other sister is pregnant currently with her second. So now that they know it’s been super fun! 
  • Options
    @Pascal86 pregnancy lasts forever! Annoying. 

@nursejenn5 the tator tot was my favorite comparison too! Today for me on the bump in a chocolate truffle. A tator tot sounds so much more fun!

• Options
    modoodles said:
    @kristinl492 good luck at your appointment today! I'm the oldest out of all my siblings! 
    Thanks! It’s the first “real” pregnancy appointment. I had an appointment to confirm around 6 weeks and my ultrasound done after that. So here comes all the bloodwork to be drained out of me 😂
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team FO

Baby is the size of a(n): paper clip 

Upcoming appointments: Jan 20th

How are you feeling? Still pretty garbage. All day nausea that just hits out of nowhere still. Thankfully I seem to have the vomiting under control, but I still let out at least one good gag a day that may or may not be chunky (gross yea sorry). 

Raves/Rants: my cousin is pregnant too!!!! She told me this weekend and I am so beyond excited. She’s due two weeks before me. We grew up together and have always been super close, so I think it’s super fun our kids will be close as well. 

Questions: We are headed to Disney next week, what do you pack clothing wise for Florida is January??

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? I have an older sister, we are not particularly close and there is lots of family drama. But that’s a story for another day!
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 never too early for a pregnancy pillow if it means you get better sleep!

@modoodles I live across the street from a hospital (literally walking distance) but I drive about 20 minutes away to the hospital that has a NICU. So not the same difference timing wise, but it was important for me to deliver at the hospital that was better equipped (my first was delivered at 35w5d after 11 weeks of bed rest with PTL and spent a week in the NICU). Even if this is a complication free pregnancy, I will still go to the hospital that is better equipped and has a NICU in house just in case. I would switch but have an open mind that if this baby comes fast, you would go to the closer one for safety. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: January 16th, going to try to find fetal heartbeat! 

How are you feeling? So shitty! I think I have just about every pregnancy symptom possible. Plus, I also have some sort of virus. Went to the doctor today to rule out strep throat. She said I was also febrile and to take Tylenol to keep that down. I also think I’m starting to get a hemorrhoid  :s

Raves/Rants: I extremely dislike this whole nauseous and starving at the same time thing. I feel so hungry but every time I try to eat I feel like I’m going to vomit. It’s probably not helping that I’m also sick. Pity party over here  :|

Questions: Does anyone know any sore throat lozenges that are safe for pregnant women? 

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? I have one sister that is 3 years older than me. We’re very close, especially since the passing of our mom.
  • Options
    @elk90 (lurking from group 2) if you look at the Approved Med List post there are several posts that list “cough drops” as safe/acceptable. My doc’s list doesn’t provide brands or types (menthol vs. Non-menthol, etc) and my doc just said cough drops are generally fine. Like anything, don’t exceed the recommended dosage. If you’re looking for brand/type recommendation, I’d ring your nurse and see if they have thoughts. I used Chloraseptic spray and Halls honey lemon. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 26, 10w + 5d

Team: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry (but I loved @modoodles saying LEGO minifigure.  That is all I can picture now!)

Upcoming appointments:  I don’t have another appointment until the 14th, but I had my NIPT yesterday and now I’m counting down the days until I get my results.

How are you feeling? Ok.  I don’t really have much in the way of symptoms now.  I was trying to eat super healthy and organic until 9 weeks but was constantly feeling nauseated by the thought of my green smoothies and low carb meals.  I gave in and started eating bread and sweets again and all the nausea is gone.  I’m going to try to go back to my healthy diet on Monday.  Until then, I’m letting myself indulge in all my favorite things.

Raves/Rants: I’m mad at myself for feeling so incredibly nervous about the results of my NIPT.  I was a basket case before hearing the heartbeat (T.W* - multiple early losses) and promised myself that once the heartbeat was confirmed, I’d behave like a normal person again.  But I feel like I’m already becoming a nervous wreck about these results.  I keep googling stuff and getting myself more freaked out.  I never thought I’d been an older mom (I’m 36) and can’t believe how much the chances of birth defects have gone up in the 4 1/2 years since I had my first.  

Questions:  Is anyone planning on baby sharing a room with an older sibling?  We have one large room that’s right next to our room and one tiny room at the front of the house.  I’m starting to lean towards having both kids share the big room but I’m can’t figure out how the baby wouldn’t constantly wake up our son.

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so? One older sister who had both her kids really young.  Her oldest is already a sophomore.  I do sometimes wish they were closer in age, but, absolutely nothing that I can do about that now!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n):  Strawberry

Upcoming appointments:  OB Appointment on Friday 1/10.  I'm pretty sure this is the one where they take all my blood.  I probably need to bring someone with me since last time I passed out cold and they would definitely not let me drive home. 

How are you feeling? Starving and Tired

Raves/Rants:  I've been off from work for almost 2 weeks and have to go back on Monday.  I am already mourning the loss of my nap

GTKY- do you have siblings? How many if so?   I have one brother who is 4 years younger.  We are super close.  He had some medical problems when he was a kid and we spent a lot of time together while he was healing and ever since then, he and I have been really tight. 
  • Options
    I have a hospital about 15 minutes from my house, but this time around I am choosing to go 1.5 hrs away. Same reasons - more options available if the need arises. 
  • Options
    @mischief-managed What's the age difference (re: room sharing)? How well does your son sleep now? My older daughter was 4 when her sister was born, is 5 now, and pretty much never wakes up from hearing the baby MOTN. They don't share a room but they're right next door to each other. I was worried she was going to have a lot more trouble adjusting to the noise in the MOTN, but it was super easy for us. And she was NOT a model of "easy sleep" when she was smaller. Hopefully it will be simple for you too.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @treeofcheem He will have just turned 5 years old when the baby is born.  We’d have baby in our room for 4+ months.  We’d probably send my son to his grandparents house for a long weekend for sleep training then have them share a room.  If it doesn’t work though, it’s my son who would have to move rooms and I’m worried he would feel like his getting kicked out because of the baby.  So I’m scared to try it....