Group 2 Check-in (3/9-3/16) w/o 12/30

EDD/W+D: 

Team pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)?
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Group 2 Check-in (3/9-3/16) w/o 12/30

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/8 30+1

Team pink/blue/green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini (not any zucchini’s I usually buy 🤣)

Cravings/Aversions: nothing really lately

Upcoming appts: Jan 15th for 32 week appt

Rants/Raves: I’m so over being sick and hoping that the antibiotics work bc I don’t want to be put on steroids. 

There was a big snowstorm here today so I was able to see the oral surgeon a month early due to cancellations. Waiting in the office right now. Idk if anyone else has one of the pregnancy gum tumors but they suck. Mine is currently as a big as a tooth and it bleeds any time I brush my teeth, or eat, or DS accidentally hits me in the mouthy or sometimes just randomly. Hoping they can laser or cut it off ASAP! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? I want to get our house organized before baby is here. I’m going to try and get a little ahead on this Home Organization Challenge I’ve attempted the last two years! (It officially starts Saturday but so far I’ve already done the first week!) I’m also going to try and get more active. Hopefully the Fitbit DH got me will help! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Update on my oral surgery appt, they had more cancellations due to weather so they actually were able to get it off today! FX it doesn’t grow back before baby is born or ill have to do it again! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama I’ve never heard of that, it sounds awful. So glad they were able to take care of it for you! 
  • Options
    @varimama glad the weather worked in your favor!! 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 30 weeks today! 3/9

Team pink/blue/green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n):  height of a standard magazine

Cravings/Aversions:  my appetite is slowing down a little. Cereal is my jam these days. everything else gives me the thunder from down under... 🌋 heartburn!

Upcoming appts: Tomorrow morning = check up

Rants/Raves:  I am nesting, hardcore. Can’t decide if this is a rant or a rave, but if you ask my husband, he will say it’s a NUISANCE, and that I’m constantly on his ass about something. 

We just came home from a long vacation and suddenly I hate our house. Everything must be redone immediately, if not sooner. It’s a compulsion!! 

Also, sciatic pain. 😐 it almost feels like the muscles in my ass (Glutes) have given out. 

Questions: anyone else have strong nesting urges? Does your husband have an opinion? 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? No resolutions, just trying to be more tidy in my nesting pursuits and reorganize.
  • Options
    @emilyace it’s so different for everyone. I struggled for a while with my first but we were ultimately successful because I refused to give up. I was glad that I knew it would be hard. I travel frequently for work so it was a challenge but she was exclusively BF/BM for 7 months.  When I brought in formula to supplement, it was SUCH A HUGE RELIEF. In hindsight I wish I hadn’t been so hard on myself. Formula is not failure.
    BF was painful for me for the first three months, I suspect she had a lip tie.
    With #2, it was painful for only two weeks. 
    My Tips:
    #1: Take all the help you can get at the hospital in terms of Lactation consultants or just latching advice.
    #2: if you continue to struggle, get an LC! 
    #3: Dont be too hard on yourself. BF isn’t for everyone. Some moms just can’t! The most important thing is that baby is fed and mom is happy. Happy mom = happy baby! 💕
  • Options
    treetop19treetop19 member
    edited December 2019
    @varimama, feel better soon!  sickness and a gum tumor.. ugh! glad the gum tumor was taken care of though.
    @momoftoddlers, I wish I could get more organized.. lol.. I feel like  just keeping the house decently clean takes a lot of effort these days.
    @miss.sally, I've been dealing with BH too, mostly when I walk. hope you feel better soon!
    @emilyace, to be honest with you, starting breastfeeding was hard for me with both of my LO's.  with DD I ran into thrush/pain issues, with DS he went on a nursing 'strike' and refused the breast but took a bottle of pumped milk for about a week.   I was able to iron out the issues eventually and went on to breastfeed just fine with both - I also went back to work with both LOs at 8 weeks postpartum. I came home once during the day to feed DD, with DS, I pumped.  It's tough, but it can be done, and it is worth it.  You also might be one of the lucky ones to not run into any problems, you never know. so try not to psych yourself out too much ahead of time.. I've found that for me, just being determined to make it work was important, and like @cristin343 said, not being to hard on yourself if you have to supplement or switch to formula at some point.  Definitely use all of the lactation resources available to you if you do run into problems. (nursing support groups, lactation consultant, ect.) 
    @cristin343, I haven't had any nesting urges yet, but I'm sure they'll come - for me I usually get nesting urges a few weeks or days before baby comes.
    -----------------------------
    EDD/W+D: March 10

Team pink/blue/green: team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions: I still want everything sweet, but I can't have it.. it's kind of torture actually.  

Upcoming appts:  Jan 13 for regular check up.  

Rants/Raves:  Rant, Having gestational diabetes is the worst.   :'(   I have been super careful about everything I have eaten this past week.. which hasn't been easy.  I feel like I'm going hungry a lot of the time.  And my sugars are still out of range high.  I messaged the diabetes educator about it but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.  The next step is insulin, I guess, which I worry about due to cost - my insurance changes on the 1st and I know the coverage isn't that great.     Rave, I'm excited for my new year's tradition, eating pizza/hanging out at Dh's work with the kids... sounds lame but I've grown to enjoy it over the years more than going out and partying.  :)

Questions: 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)?  Getting gestational diabetes in check.. walking more.. hoping to get on a diet where I don't feel like I'm constantly starving myself.
  • Options
    @stacey6689 Yay for another WW fan. I really think it’s the best/most balanced. 

The most helpful part of the birthing classes at our hospital was getting some “inside info” about the hospital itself, it’s policies, etc. and getting to tour L&D and Mother-Baby, which made it seem less foreign when we were actually there to deliver. I don’t remember learning much labor strategy or baby caretaking that I couldn’t have learned from a book. This time around (third) I’m going to sign my girls (2.5 and 4.5) up for the hospital’s sibling class bc I think it’ll help them get excited and maybe reiterate the basic rules of being careful with baby. 
  • Options
    @varimama Glad you got that surgery knocked out!
    @emilyace You're smart to realize now that breastfeeding can be difficult. For some, it's easier, for others, it's more challenging, and unfortunately, there's no way to know which camp you'll be in.
    Sorry for the novel, but thought I would share my experience. 
    The first time around, I underestimated how hard breastfeeding would be. I read books, did lots of research, and said 'I will definitely breastfeed my child and not need formula.' I thought it was a natural thing that just worked out. I now understand that not only is it very hard work, but it just doesn't happen for everyone. My milk never came in with my first. I had high blood pressure, and we had an unexpected NICU stay for a week. My son started on formula immediately, since he was so small. I saw an LC at the hospital and thought I was doing everything right since he was latching okay and I had some colostrum. I started pumping right away, but never really got more than a few drops. After visiting an LC at our pediatrician who explained that blood pressure issues can limit milk production, I realized I wasn't really producing anything. I took supplements and pumped every few hours for a month, but then decided the extra time and effort wasn't worth it, since it would literally take an entire day of pumping to get 2 ounces. 
    I'm hoping it works out better this time around, but I do have chronic high blood pressure, so I'm not super optimistic. 
    @Cristin343 I'm having nesting urges too! I'm dying to go through DS's baby clothes and gear to get a better idea of what we already have and what we need. I'm not as bad as last time though, because I realize that baby will probably be in our room for a few months, so his nursery does't really need to be complete. 
    @stacey6689 I went to two hospital classes with my first, and a hospital tour. One was about basic labor, delivery, coping options, and another was for breastfeeding. I honestly got the most out of the hospital tour, since it was more logistics of what to expect during our stay. I plan on doing it again for this baby, since we'll be at a different hospital. If the classes are free and work with your schedule, I feel like it's great to have as much information as possible, but they're not really make or break or anything. 

EDD/W+D: 3.10/30 w today! 

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe 

Cravings/Aversions: Still loving peanut butter and chocolate milk 

Upcoming appts: Standard check-up Friday. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Being back to work after a week off has made me realize I have no more time off planned before maternity leave, so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself more that it's happening soon!
    Another rant, MIL bought DS SOOOO much stuff for Christmas. He got more from her and SIL than Santa brought, so next year we're going to have to limit that. I hate to sound ungrateful, but it's so unnecessary for a 2-year-old, and we're trying to make room for another human in our house! 
    Rave: I have two people planning baby "sprinkles" for me, and I'm super grateful! 

Questions: Nope! 

GTKY: What is/are your New Years resolution(s)? Not really doing a set resolution. Just preparing for survival mode with new baby. DH and I are trying to watch our spending, so I can try to take my full 12 weeks of maternity leave, even though some of it will be unpaid. Otherwise, I also plan to get back on WW after returning to work after baby. I waited for a year to finally try and lose the baby weight last time, and I need to tackle it quicker this time. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @Cristin343 I agree with giving yourself grace in the first year in getting back in shape. It’s definitely a journey of self love. However, I think it depends on your body if you can nurse and lose weight. I know I started this pregnancy about 30 pounds overweight, so I’m hoping I can work on those 30 pounds without hurting my supply. But I guess we’ll see.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 my first was 6lb and my second was 9lb! Thankfully they had small heads so I didn’t tear any more during the second birth than I did with the first. Here’s hoping this one is similar!