1st Trimester

Brighten Ovum?!

Pretty sure I’m going through a blighted ovum. I’m 100% devastated. My progesterone went from a 17.03 to a 6. My hcg went up from 2763 to 6185 in roughly a three week time frame. We saw a “little rice figure”  in first ultrasound and a week later we saw nothing. I go back Monday for another ultrasound.  I am 6 weeks 1 day. (Based on when I ovulated) Should we have seen something in the ultrasound? Thoughts on my hcg and progesterone? I’m so confused, lost and sad. 

Re: Brighten Ovum?!

• So at this ultrasound they didn’t see a yolk sac, fetal pole, etc? 
  • The first US showed a small rice figure. (5w) Second US didn’t show anything. 😢(6w). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a blighted ovum in April... we saw a similar little blob to what anyone 6 weeks along would see, but I was 9 weeks along. I miscarried the baby naturally at home on Saturday morning (though it took a little over a week to get it all out), and we didn’t see anything on the ultrasound the following Friday. No gestational sack, nothing. It’s possible you are getting ready to pass. I don’t know because I never had a follow up before passing the baby. 

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m hoping it’s not what I went through, but if it is, stay strong and know it’s a normal miscarriage to experience. I got pregnant again 3 months after miscarrying, and I’m now 6 months pregnant. My baby is perfectly healthy and I get to meet him/her in April. 

Stay strong, momma!