March 2020 Moms

FFFC 12/27

We’ve all be surrounded by family and friends so I figured there are probably some fun confessions!

*as always not guaranteed to be flame free
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: FFFC 12/27

• I mentioned it in Randoms that we had to cancel all our holiday plans with ILs bc of DS and I being so sick. While I would have preferred to be healthy I was kind of relieved to have the plans canceled and I hope we can avoid them next year maybe. I get so annoyed bc SIL pretty much refuses to do any holiday stuff with my ILs (her parents) so DH feels like he has to do all the holiday stuff with them to make up for it. I’m like look if she can get out of it so can we. And I’m not saying I want to see them for no holidays like she does but we were supposed to see them for presents on Saturday (which we did bc our symptoms had just started and weren’t too bad yet), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. I feel like one day in that is plenty!
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama I feel that. MIL is single with no other children besides H, so we do EVERYTHING with her. Her birthday was Saturday so we had a big dinner for her, the. Xmas Eve, Xmas morning, and Xmas dinner all at her house. If we ever diverge from that plan, and we have in the past, she throws a big tantrum about how nobody has any respect for family. 

I’m tired today. I couldn’t sleep past 5 am. Took DD to get our nails done and out to lunch with my mom, but for the last two hours I’ve been letting her watch PBS kids while I got some work done, and now I’m just resting. I’m wiped. I never let her watch this much TV, but I’m too tired to do anything else.

also we had ice cream as an afternoon snack today. Break is the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fffc: I have always been into true crime but lately I obsess over certain cases and follow forums and reddit to try to figure stuff out. I spend way too many hours at night doing this when insomnia keeps me up (and then I am exhausted all day...sigh). 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @varimama I totally feel you on being almost grateful for sickness canceling plans. I mean I wish we weren’t sick, but I have enjoyed a reason to say NO! and stay home in our pajamas. Our families don’t take know for an answer, except when they’re worried about catching sickness, so it’s been a nice reprieve. 
  • @kantobean we’ve been doing too much tv lately 😬 I feel guilty but I try to remind myself that this period will pass and once were feeling better we’ll get back on a schedule and screen time will decrease. Then it’ll probably increase again with newborn until he gets a little older and we get adjusted to a new schedule. 

@silverhope that sounds fun, except the exhaustion. I used to love true crime but I struggle with it now, especially if it involves children so I’ve sadly cut a lot of it out. 

@momoftoddlers I’m sorry your family won’t take no for an answer unless you’re sick. It’s really hard when that’s the case and not fair bc you shouldn’t need an excuse. I feel like family should be the most understanding when in reality they tend to be the least...
    EDD 11/24/23

• @silverhope That sounds fun! I love following true crime also but haven't gone the reddit route. We did just watch the Netflix documentary Don't F&*k with Cats, and I STRONGLY recommend it, especially if you don't know the case. Truly disturbing. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020