Baby Names
Options

Last poll for the day, I promise!

Which one with big siblings Benjamin (Ben) and Avery (Girl)?

Last poll for the day, I promise! 33 votes

Hannah
72% 24 votes
Madelyn
27% 9 votes

Re: Last poll for the day, I promise!

• Options
    I keep voting Hannah. Madelyn is very overdone to me. Throw in Madison and there are Maddies everywhere.
  • Options
    ^^wss
    Madelyn in all its forms is so popular. It's a beautiful name but there are just so many Maddies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It seems to me that you might like Hannah or be leaning toward it, but you just aren’t ready to commit. You’ve put up a lot of polls where the same people keep voting for Hannah, because it’s a great name. But, if it doesn’t feel right to you, then there’s no reason you shouldn’t keep looking. Naming a human is hard work and there is a lot of pressure to get it right. Play with the names you like, yell them down the hall and pick the one that feels right for you and your family. The ladies here (me included) will likely keep voting for Hannah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Thank you.  Yes, I love Hannah.  Yes, it's been on our list since the beginning.  If there were a good nickname for it, it would be the one.  I'm not sure if that's my only hang up but it is keeping me from using it for some reason.  

Julia has also always been one of our favorites, but I hesitate to use it because of the Julia Gulia reference I worry she will get.    =/  I know I am overthinking all this and just need to trust my instinct.   
  • Options
    Julia is also a great name. Not sure anyone would call her Julia Gulia. If the concern is just based on the Wedding Singer (which is the only thing I think of when I hear it), that movie will be super old to her generation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    What about Julie, Juliet, Juliana, Jewel? Plenty of nicknames are completely unrelated to a person’s name also.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    My husband is actually obsessed with Juliana. I’m not sure it goes with the siblings’ names...?
  • Options
    Julia Gulia never occurred to me and I like that movie. 

Anna is the traditional nickname for Hannah. 
  • Options
    Hannah and Juliana almost rhyme, so I don’t k ow why you think they don’t go together with your other children. They are all pretty classic names.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    My name is Hannah and my dad always called me “nan”. It’s the only nickname I had and I never minded not having a nickname. Everyone just calls me Hannah. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    I think Hannah, Julia and Juliana are all great names and they go well with your other kids. Don't sweat the nicknames so much. Unless it's something really obviously bad, of course. Nicknames sometimes end up having nothing to do with the actual name anyway!
  • Options
    Sometimes nicknames are just derived from insistence that occur, don't base a name for Nicknames.  My daughter's nickname was Allie, all her friend through 1st grade called her Allie.  One day she said, my name is not Allie.  So, from then on my husband, me, my family all started calling her by her full name.  My grandmother, who passed away just called her Lexi, we did not like it at all, but she did not mind, as she adored her Great Grandma while  she was alive.  

So just because there are no good nicknames, doesnt mean your kiddo will want to be called said nickname.  If she does, I'm sure family and friends, or even she will find something that suits her. I know a Hannah that goes by Anna.  
  • Options
    If you are considering going back to Julia, that would have my vote although I do think Hannah is great too. Julia Gulia is not something I would worry about at all.
  • Options
    I think you should decide between Hannah and Julia once she is born. I’d cross Madelyn off the list completely.