Infertility

January 2020 IVF

2»

Re: January 2020 IVF

• lunagirlnyclunagirlnyc member
    edited January 2020
    @SMammers816 . I'm on my fourth round of mini IVF.  I get normally 6-8 Eggs.  I've gotten 4 embryos from those 3 cycles.  I've just had issues with the FET step.  I do like the mini IVF because I've always gotten at least one good strong embryo from it.  It's also a lot easier on your body.  I also grow my eggs slow and normally stim for 14 days.  Right now i'm on day 4 and we're looking to be on a longer stim since they only have 3 they can measure right now.

I'm so sorry about your father.  Same thing happened with us and my Husbands mother.  She died of lung cancer a year and a half ago.  We've been trying to have a family ever since.  

I hope this round of IVF gives you some great embryos!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel a little late to the party. My husband is 45 and I am 40 and we've been trying for 2 years. We are dealing with male factor infertility and had our first IVF cycle this month. I was on menopur and gonal f and cetrotide (sp?). My trigger was Ovedrel I think - all my paperwork is at home and I'm at work at the moment - (which I took in the movie theater bathroom on date night!). We had our egg retrieval 1/12 and our 5 day transfer on 1/17. I am committed to NOT testing until my first Beta test. Two days ago I had a bit of a freak out when I went to the bathroom and had some blood. Full panic kicked in but when I got home and told hubby he promised me that they told us it would be normal to have some spotting. I did call the clinic yesterday to let them know and they confirmed it is normal and probably related to irritation from the progesterone gel that gets administered vaginally, daily or implantation bleeding. So here I am, just counting down the days til my test on Tuesday. 
    I've also managed to catch my husband's cold so I'm attempting to just do honey and tea to combat it. And sleep. Perpetually exhausted from just the emotional toll of everything going on. Outside of IVF, my parents split and -despite my insistence that I do not need to know details - my sister gave me graphic details that she'd gleaned from my mom...by text...so I couldn't object. Claims I needed to know so that I could "properly" support my parents at this time...and by that she meant take mom's side. SO... anyone else napping all weekend and ignoring their siblings? 
  • @kloe818 - welcome!!!! Good luck with the embryo sticking and growing!!! It's pretty common to catch colds at this stage of the process. If anything, I see more people getting BFP while sick in the TWW 🤞
    And yes, some bleeding is totally normal, some even consider it a good sign.
    When is your blood test?

Sorry to hear about your parents. I guess your sister needs the support herself, so she forces the information in you. Hope you are able to overlook all of that drama for now and focus on yourself instead.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @Lippert1 congrats!  That's so amazing.  I hope they become strong embryos for you!

@kloe818 agreed i hear a lot of people getting sick in the TWW.  Maybe it's a good sign!  Hoping you have a more peaceful IVF cycle.

• 31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited January 2020
    @kloe818 - welcome! And I did get sick during the TWW, lol, so I guess there's some truth behind that. Good luck! And I get wanting to stay neutral during your parents breakup.
  • Tested today with the clinic and my hormone levels were at 327!
  • @carebear1931 Welcome. I just joined myself. We had 16 eggs, only 8 were mature and 6 fertilized. By day 5 I had 1 really high quality embryo transferred and 3 others frozen. They monitored the remaining 2 one more day and one more made it to frozen. The final one didn't make it. My first Beta test was yesterday and so far that first little pancake is still hanging on!
  • Yay!! @kloe818! Awesome news! I was thinking about you yesterday. See there is some truth to that tww sick thing. lol. When is your next beta? 

@carebear1931 - welcome! And 6 is a great number!
  • @31magnolia next is Friday and again Monday. I'm trying to not get too excited. It sucks because we know how easily it could go sideways.
  • @kloe818 I’m so happy for you!  Hope the betas keep doubling.

@carebear1931 thats an amazing number. No hope we get that too.  Our follicles are growing slow and only four of good size.  Seeing the doctor again on Friday hopes we can get a few more.  This is my 4th retrieval and this is definitely the smallest amount they’ve seen with me so hoping it picks up!
  • FX that the numbers double @kloe818

@lunagirlnyc - FX for you too!! That's so interesting how slow your follicles grow on mini stim. Mine grew super fast on Letrozole. I would only stim for 8 days max.
  • Kimbrlyg814Kimbrlyg814 member
    edited January 2020
    Hi All! I'm just adding to this board now. We started with down regulation at the end of December with Lupron shots and began stimming with Gonal F the second week of January. We had our Egg Retrieval on 1/17 and retrieved 10 eggs! 9 fertilized, 7 of which did not continue to mature past day 5. This is my first IVF cycle and had my first 5 day fresh ET last Wednesday and I go in for testing tomorrow. I have had two booster shots since the ET. I've had on and off cramping and hip pain since the ET, almost like AF cramping. Breast pain actually pretty much was gone by the time of the ET. Tenderness has also come and gone as well. I've had a couple of hot flashes and headaches, but nothing crazy. Praying for a good result tomorrow! I'm so nervous! They will re-check monday to make sure the booster shot is not giving false levels. We have been TTC for over 3 years and had one miscarriage and an ectopic last year. Hoping this is our shot!
  • @Kimbrlyg814 good luck! baby dust to you! :-D
  • @Kimbrlyg814 - welcome! and sending you positive thoughts. good luck!
  • lunagirlnyclunagirlnyc member
    edited January 2020

good luck @Kimbrlyg814 !!

@31magnolia yeah it’s always a bummer for me.  I normally stim 13-16 days before retrieval.  
  • @Kimbrlyg814  good luck!!! Today was my second beta and we are at 1137! One more test Monday and then on to the ultrasound! I never thought I'd make it even this far.
  • kloe818 - congrats on the awesome betas!!!! I was MIA for a bit, waiting for IVF calendar, but now catching up on everyone's news :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3