July 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-In 12/26

Looks like we haven’t had a PGAL check in so thought I’d get one started.

Background: EDD/previous losses and current kiddos

Upcoming milestones/appointments:

Check in: How have the holidays been treating you?

Re: PGAL Check-In 12/26

• Background: due 7/11 (11w5d); 2 prior losses (7w in March 2019, CP in Sept 2019)

Upcoming appointment: waiting on NIPT results now, NT ultrasound scheduled for 1/7

Check-in: The holidays have been mostly kind. I did have a breakdown right before Christmas because my March loss was due in November so we should have had a baby this Christmas. I know that without that loss we wouldn’t have this little peanut but it still felt heavy and hard. 

My SIL announced yesterday that they’re pregnant and she’s due in Aug. I’m really excited for cousins so close in age but it also scares me that something will happen to our baby and I’ll have the constant reminder of SIL’s baby as to that loss. I feel awful for that worry but I’m trying not to beat myself up about it. My SIL has two kids and has had a loss so I know she’d understand my concern if I ever needed to lean on her for comfort but still not a worry I’m likely to share with her. Overall just trying to breathe deep and remind myself I’ve had no indication of any problems so far and there’s no need to borrow trouble. 😁
  • Background: July 14th (11w2d)/1 MMC August 2019, current kiddos - DD almost 3 

Upcoming milestones/appointments: 12 week u/s 12/30

Check in: How have the holidays been treating you? The holidays have been pretty good. My immediate family knows so it's nice to be able to talk around them. I'm currently at my in-laws house and we haven't told them yet. We want to wait until after the next u/s. I'm just getting nervous that every little twinge means something bad. The past two nights I've had stomach pains which is probably due to eating more than usual and I'm freaking about it. I know it's only a few more days until my appt but I can't help but worry. Trying to be as positive as I can! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Background: July 27, have 1.5 and 3.5 yo daughters, and loss at the end of September at 6.5 weeks.

Upcoming milestones/appointments: Nothing until January 24. Went in for an extra check on Monday after the tiniest bit of spotting, sure everything was over... and it was totally fine. 

Check in: How have the holidays been treating you? Okay, just having a hard time coping with doing everything for Christmas while pregnant in first trimester with two kids. But in terms of PGAL stuff, I’ve calmed down a lot since my extra scan, and haven’t been thinking about things too much - other than just being exhausted. 
  • Background - loss in July 2019, no kids
    Upcoming milestones- Will see Ob 1/13 be 16 weeks then. Ultrasounds (elective) have dated me ahead of that a bit but no us with Ob yet.  Us on Monday showed perfect growth, size et al.

check in - We had Christmas with my in-laws on 12/25 and then had to leave at 4 am to fly to my mom’s. I had meltdown on way home from first trip tired, in pain ( not pregnancy related) and viciously nauseous in car.  Survived the day yesterday barely.  Wish I had not agreed to so much really feeling pregnancy fatigue.  Will announce to my family today.  Sorta dreading that as if I 
    might jinx how well I’m doing.
  • Background: infertile, only get pregnant through ivf, 2 living children (4 and 1), and 5 early losses throughout. Most recent loss July 2019 

Upcoming: about to leave for OB appointment and ultrasound right now. 9 weeks 2 days 

Check-in: everything seems to be going well. We announced to our families over Christmas so I’m really nervous I’m going to have to take it back, but I generally feel pretty good about this pregnancy—mostly because I feel like garbage. Honestly, just glad the holidays are over and I can rest.