May 2020 Moms

Ftm: is it possible to see baby kick at 18/19 weeks?

It's weird, my doctor told me that I won't be seeing any kicks until the baby is bigger, but i saw my baby move and felt his/her first kick last week (18 weeks) this is my first pregnancy and I barely have a baby bump, is it normal? I'm starting to wonder if I'm further along 

Re: Ftm: is it possible to see baby kick at 18/19 weeks?

• catem07catem07 member
    edited December 2019
    A) you should change your user name
    B ) after you’ve done that, please intro if you haven’t already, and read the guidelines
    C) this post should go under randoms or symptoms instead of being its own thread
    D) in my experience it’s too early to see. I didn’t even feel my first daughter until 22 weeks, but I don’t think feeling the baby is that out of the realm of possibility. Did you have a dating ultrasound at 8ish weeks? Those are pretty reliable for predicting gestational age. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• First - agree with @catem07. This should go in randoms or the questions thread.

As for your question - I can see and feel them on the outside, and I'm 19+4, but I'm also pregnant with twins. I could not see kicks with my singletons until I was 25 or more weeks.

When not pregnant, it's amused me to see muscle spasms in my stomach. I 100% would have thought that was baby when i was a FTM. So maybe it's baby or maybe not. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto to @catem07 and @ruby696. Please intro and post in one of the existing threads.

To answer your question, I don’t think it’s possible to see kicks that early. I’m a STM and will be 20 weeks tomorrow, and I started feeling movement a couple of weeks ago, but only on the inside. It’ll be another few weeks before you can see them or feel them on the outside.
  • I’m 21 weeks and can see baby kicks on the outside, it started a week ago. This is my 3rd and I’m very thin