Group 3 (May 17-24th) - Check in week of 12/23

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) - Check in week of 12/23

• EDD/weeks+days: 18+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Not sure

Upcoming appointments: A/S on 1/2 and appointment on 1/7. Getting the spina bifida blood work today

How are you feeling? Annoyed that my clothes don't fit but it's too soon for maternity pants. 

Raves/Rants: I'm off work until the second, and I'm looking forward to Christmas. We're going to start potty training DD on the 26th...Wish us luck. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? I think I did but I forget them. I'm not making any next year except a reading goal. This year (and most years) my goal is to read 52 books. I made it in 2018 but in 2019 I think I'll only get to 45 or so. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• mamaqdubumamaqdubu member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: May 24 - 18+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: AS on Jan 9th! i'm so excited

How are you feeling? Actually really good. I think i must have a forward placenta because i still don't feel a lot of movement and I felt DS 2 all the time starting at like 16 weeks! I look forward to the small internal kicks i get now, but its weird how infrequent they are. 

Also, I started taking a weekly prenatal yoga class and really like it! If any of you have any in your area, check it out. It really makes you feel right at home with all the other pregnant mamas. 

Raves/Rants: So I started this post as sort of an AW because I've been totally MIA and wanted to explain why. DH actually tore his bicep 2 weeks ago, and we've been absolutely nuts preparing for his impending surgery (which is right now actually), and I've been in stress overload with holidays coming up, and thinking about DH's recovery while taking care of the 2 toddlers. He's only going to be able to lift like 10 lbs for 4 months, and only like 20 by the time 6 months hits. I'm only going to get more and more limited as the pregnancy continues so it's just giving me anxiety about the whole thing. Sorry for the vent ladies, but I haven't been very present here and wanted to explain why. I promise once things get into a better groove i'll hop back in more!

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? I never stick to them. But i'll make one this year that i can stick to, and it's to try and let things go. it's just something that i'm going to have to do with 3 kids and a husband that can't even lift a kid int a carseat lol. 

Edit: words are hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • @catem07 i'm so jealous of people that can make reading a priority. I wish i did the same! Also girl, i'm totally rocking the maternity pants and i'm not looking back lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 19+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 1 week from today 😁

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango and a hot dog

Upcoming appointments: 1 week for AS and check up appointment 

How are you feeling? Good-ish. I mean from how I felt first tri, this is great. Having more hip pain at night, heartburn. Fell asleep on the couch the other night when we had friends over.

Raves/Rants: Nothing to really rant about because I'm on vacation! Just enjoying time with DD and DH and wrapping up the rest of my Christmas to-do list.

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? Same as my failed one last year: send out Birthday cards to younger family members (really just the kids). I make it to like March...

@catem07 Its never too soon for maternity pants. I gave up long ago due to bloat. Good luck with potty training! 

@mamaqdubu I hope DH's surgery goes well. That will be a rough recovery! I'm sure everything will ok. Is there any one else close to help?
  • @catem07 I think it's fine to break out the maternity pants now!! I've been in side panel ones for like a month, because my normal work pants didn't have enough give and were cutting into my stomach. Uncomfortable. Do what you need to be comfy!

@mamaqdubu I'm sorry to hear about your husband's arm, I hope surgery goes smoothly and he's feeling better in no time!

EDD/weeks+days: May 24 / 18+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink! (double pink!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichokes

Upcoming appointments: Amnio 12/31

How are you feeling? Still doing alright. I've stayed congested basically this whole pregnancy, so I wake up in the morning with post-nasal drip that makes me nauseous, but that's my only complaint.

Raves/Rants: Rant- We're visiting family and DH is not sleeping well, and he's keeping me up. If he complains about being tired again I might kick him. Rave- I love Christmas, and I'm enjoying having the week to relax.

Questions: Has anybody else not gained any weight? My doc doesn't seem concerned about it just yet, but I lost like ten pounds in the first trimester and I haven't even gained it all back. I'm overweight to begin with, so maybe it's not a big deal... I don't know. It worries me.

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? I don't usually. I might set a goal for books to read, I like that idea @catem07.
  • @louessbee I wouldn’t worry about weight gain at this point, especially if you’re overweight. Baby weighs less than half a pound right now. 

According to webmd this is the breakdown. I assume overweight people (and I am one too) don’t need to gain as much in “stored fat” in particular. 

• Baby: 8 pounds
    • Placenta: 2-3 pounds
    • Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
    • Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
    • Blood supply: 4 pounds
    • Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
    • Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
    • Total: 25-35 pounds

• @catem07 I gave up on real pants and am living in leggings! No shame in my game. 
    @mamaqdubu I was wondering where you were! I am sorry about your DH and hope his surgery goes well. 
    @louessbee I haven't gained either, my OB is not worried (I am bigger too) he was just glad I didn't drop over 30 in the 1st trimester like last time lol. 
    @jrouge12 I hope you are enjoying your vacation! 

EDD/weeks+days: 5/24 18+2 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out in a little less than 2 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): the red stapler from Office Space (I laughed so hard at that) 

Upcoming appointments: AS is all set for 1/6 (which is my birthday too so it is an exciting day)

How are you feeling? Well I am puking every once and a while but other than that I am pretty good, I somehow avoided bronchitis and the flu A from DS the past two weeks so I am breathing a sigh of relief! 

Raves/Rants: I think I went over board on Christmas for DS, like I felt like there was not much and then BAM I wrapped it all and am now like uh oh...I have this weird thing about Santa because we do live in an area where we are considered to be part of the higher income for the school district and I don't want his friends to be sad that Santa got him all this stuff and they got things they needed like socks. I know this is probably in my head but I would just hate to have another kid wonder why Santa didn't bring them a new video game console (I am a sucker). I think it comes from working in the county I used to, it was one of the poorest in NYS and I talked our director into letting us use some of the budget to get the kids on our caseloads at least a few Christmas gifts because they were not getting anything so that sticks in my head but I fight with myself because I want him to enjoy Christmas too. Sorry for the long rant I am just in my own head about this. 
    Also I am so excited for our extended family Christmas tomorrow! (Less excited for all the stuff that comes with it). 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? I don't usually do resolutions but I pick something I want to work towards doing and this year it is to start my 18 month Masters program. 
  • @mamaj1220 honestly I think that meme about Santa presents vs mom and dad presents is overblown. Kids a) aren’t likely to report which presents are from Santa and which are from mom and dad by the time they get back to school in over a week and b) are going to be sad and/or feel envious of someone having “better” presents regardless of who they came from. 

• @catem07 - it is never too early for maternity pants!  keep yourself comfortable.  did you consider the "belly bands?"  they help bridge the gap nicely before full on maternity clothes if you prefer
    @mamaqdubu - add me to the MIA crowd too.  that sounds SO painful for your DH!  hope he has a quick recovery 

EDD/weeks+days: 18w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato

Upcoming appointments: routine visit 1/7.  had to reschedule my appointment last week because we had a complicated goat obstetrical emergency  :D all is well!  did have my AS on Monday and got a good report there.

How are you feeling? doing okay!  the little critter is surprisingly active which is a lot of fun.  i got the results back of my sequential screen which were low risk.  on my AS they still saw "evidence" of my massive bleed from Black Friday, which I guess didn't surprise anyone but i was hoping it would be gone.  my SI/pyrifiormis pain is ramping up and i've been rocking maternity pants for about a month now.  

Raves/Rants: still haven't told anyone, save for a few critical people at work.  managed to get through the holidays without my parents (who live out of town but just saw us) or my ILs noticing.  i don't think they even suspect actually based on the asshat-y behaviors of my ILs over Christmas.  i'm hoping to hold off til 23w.  than goodness for scrubs.

Questions: nah

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? no way!  hoping as always to handle my anxiety better, become more efficient and organized, and be more present.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn😂 complicated goat OB emergency! Glad everything is okay with momma goat and baby goat

@mamaj1220 I’m glad you were able to avoid the plague! Hope DS is feeling better 

@louessbee Congrats in double pink! Hope the amnio is uneventful

@jrouge12 That’s a nice resolution! At least you made it to March. I used to be the queen of cards, but now I barely remember to get ones for people we will see in person for birthdays 

@mamaqdubu So sorry to hear about your husband’s injury! I hope the surgery went well. Good luck with the recovery period!

@catem07 Hope day 1 of potty training wasn’t too stressful! I love the resolution to read. That’s such a nice bit of self-care. What kind of books do you read?

EDD/weeks+days: May 19; 19+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Dollar bill

Upcoming appointments: 2nd AS 1/3

How are you feeling? Fighting a cold and was really queasy yesterday, but not pregnancy queasy. Regular sick kind. Better today.

Raves/Rants: Christmas celebrations went well! Saw my dad, sister and her family on Saturday and MH’s family party Sunday, then we hosted Christmas Eve at our house. It was our first big party. We had 38 people. And WAY TOO MUCH food and wine! Note to self for next party: Yes, there’s enough food and wine, no you don’t need to order a 2nd sandwich platter and pick up 3 more bottles of wine

Questions: I think maybe I’m feeling some movement but not sure. I have an anterior placenta, when did other moms feel movement with anterior placentas?

GTKY: Do you make new years resolutions? If so, what is next year's? Not a resolutions kinda gal.

• @sunshinesea22 Potty training is going shockingly well! I thought because my daughter wasn’t much interested in it before that it would be really hard, but I guess she was totally ready because she had only one accident so far. She’s self-initiated a bunch of times and she’s already in pants and underwear. Still doing diapers for naps and night. Also no poop yet. 

I love fiction that has a strong sense of place and history. Pachinko was my favorite book I read this year. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi was great too. I also like expository non-fiction. I read Columbine by Dave Cullen and Fall and Rise by Mitchell Zuckoff which were both devastating but excellent. 

• @sunshinesea22 Thirty-eight people! OMG! I'd love hosting a big party like that but not on Christmas eve. Especially pregnant. I'd fall asleep in front of everyone.