Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/23-12/19/19

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Tell is about a tradition you have.
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/23-12/19/19

• Loading the player...
  • @ramzlau that's quite an impressive number of cookies!! 
    @inthewoods23 glad your new alarm clock is making it easier to rise and shine. :) I hope your day goes by fast, too! 
  • @ramzlau That amount of cookies is impressive!!! I did a cookie box for friends and family one year and it was a ton of work! You go girl!

@inthewoods23 Yayyy for ninja shots!!! <3<3<3 Also, I need more details on this sunrise alarm because I think I need one too! 

@emeraldduchess so very many hugs, friend. I think in the New Year it may be time to start asking some of these questions about your testing, since it seems that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. <3 

@NYTino24 Good luck today at work!!! Thinking of you! <3 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @emeraldduchess FX you can get the approval without having to wait much. Sorry it’s all been so challenging lately.❤️

@NYTino24 I love the one present + stocking combo idea. Brilliant! I also love that YH & you used to revisit the Rockefeller Center tree every year. MH & I had our best date just strolling the city, looking at all the window displays down 5th Ave, & ending up drinking hot chocolate at the Rockefeller Tree. I’d love to re-live that. 

@feather_heather FX for you for Friday!!! As for the PIO pain: it helps to apply warm pressure (hot water bottle and/or massage) and you can also apply arnica cream or gel to help with bruising & pain afterwards. 

@mvt2003 Sorry to hear that the additional info in your mom’s IF history is making you feel more worried. Knowledge is power—hopefully this is just one more thing to check off the list of questions? I can relate to a lot of your posts about your parents being gone. Doesn’t it seem like we are way too young to know what that feels like?

@inthewoods23 Glad you found a sunrise clock that seems to be working for you! Hope work is flying by for you today. 

@ramzlau That cookie tradition sounds amazing—and like a ton of effort! And I can u fortunately relate to your question about the hormone-induced acne, but I haven’t found any good solutions. I’m going to try the things featherheather listed. 
  • @keikilove Oh friend, I didn't realize we were both in the same club. I'm so sorry you're in it too. I do feel far too young to know everything I know, you're very right. It's a bitter comfort, but a small one nonetheless that I never have to live through losing a parent again. MH reminded me of that a few years ago, and it's something I hold to. 

• @mvt2003 I have never thought of it that way before. It is the worst pain I’ve ever lived through (and I’m still not over it) so to think I never have to experience losing a parent again is a comfort. Thank you for sharing that!♥️♥️♥️
  • @keikilove I'm so glad that can help. It truly is one of the things that helped me through losing my mom. 

• @keikilove - Yay! Those two products are like my holy grail! Meltdown has a strong essential oil smell, but you'll get used to it! I hope they work for you too!
  • @NYTino24 so excited for you to start IVF if this IUI doesn't work. Hopefully it does though! I'd be mortified if I talked loudly in a waiting room. I can't believe that guy!

I'm surprised they are allowed to return unused meds as my clinic doesn't allow that. Might be a state rule too idk. I have a completely unused 450 Gonal-F pen sitting in my cabinet. 😕 And a 5000 unit of novarel trigger shot.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I think they actually do take back unused, unopened meds for some patients who have financial issues. I don’t know exactly how it works, but I did see something in writing somewhere. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @ramzlau that is a lot of cookies!!!! Dang!!!

@inthewoods23 so glad things are really starting to move for you, finally!! I hope today went fast and I am totally looking into one of those clocks!

@emeraldduchess I totally understand the feelings you have, I think we all do. It really is such a rollercoaster ride of anxiety and stress and emotions every since cycle. The ups and downs are really hard sometimes.

@NYTino24 I love the traditions you have! Sounds like our bodies are both operating a little early this time around! Hopefully that means great things for both of us!

@mvt2003 I’m so happy you talked to your Aunt and that she had some insights for you. I hope this new information about your moms history doesn’t lead you down the same path but I hope it gives the doctors some insight on what to look out for too. 

@feather_heather yay for the transfer getting scheduled!! Friday will come so quickly since it’s a holiday week! 

@keikilove I’m sending you extra love, my friend! I’m sorry that everyone is stressed around you. It does put a strain on trying to stay in the holiday spirit. ♥️
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 that's so exciting!!!

Here's a link to the alarm clock - hopefully the link works. They have 3 different models or so. This one is the mid range, but their cheapest one is about $50 I think.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093162RM/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_JFtaEb16PN2H4
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @ramzlau Yay!! So glad your IVF will be covered.
    @inthewoods23 That’s great news!
    @kpearse99 Hope your IUI goes well!

I had my first bleed after doing my own injection last night. I barely felt it and waited for the burn, but it didn’t happen. I didn’t notice the blood until I went to put my shirt down and of course I had skipped the Bandaid since I hadn’t bled before. Trying to decide when to go in tomorrow since I have a 6-10 window I can show up in before going to the IL.

• @NYTino24 I am so sorry this cycle is so frustrating.  So many hugs to you, my friend. Good luck with your BW and US tomorrow. 💙
  • @NYTino24 Sorry for the cancelled plans! Hope tomorrow’s appointment goes better! 
  • Question about progesterone:  I am traveling 10 time zones. I usually take it at bedtime. Should I keep taking it at the same time as original time zone, gradually move it to the new time zone, or continue taking it at bedtime on the new time zone? I only have 3 days until I test, so maybe it doesn’t matter? 
  • edited December 2019
    @ramzlau - My doctor told me to do the progesterone injections around the same time every day, and said give or take an hour or two if necessary! So I would probably try to figure out what time it will be at you destination and take them when it would be bedtime at home. You could call your doctor and ask though!

My question is for everyone doing (or has done PIO): The injections are not bad at all! Doesn't hurt during and I don't have any soreness afterwards. Are we doing them wrong? lol Why are they so dreaded? My DH is worried that we're not hitting muscle if it's not sore! (The first one we did too low and it was sore, but now they don't hurt at all)
  • @feather_heather if you're moving around a lot afterward and using a heat pad you probably won't get sore. The first time I was doing the PIO it was sore the first few days and the days following the FET I didn't have the tightness in the muscle so it felt normal. It really depends on the person I think for how long the soreness lasts.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @NYTino24 crossing EVERYTHING for you right now, friend! 💙
  • @NYTino24 Crossing all the things!!!
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2019
    @NYTino24 Those numbers sound great! FX for this shot! 

@feather_heather It sounds like you’re very lucky & not to worry about doing the PIO wrong.😊  Once I switched to the thinner needle I don’t have any pain or bruising until the very end of the cycle of shots. And then it’s only if I press on the area or do high-impact exercise. 

@ramzlau Exeactly what featherheather said. Good luck with the travel!