2nd Trimester

Baby shower input

Hey, how do you ladies feel about "display" showers for a baby shower? I'm on the fence. For those who don't know, display shower is basically this- you tell guests to bring their gifts unwrapped and have a designated spot at party for everyone to put their gifts. Guests attach a card/tag to say who it's from of course. This is instead of the traditional "sit down open gifts" portion of the day. Do people really care/want to spend almost an hour sitting quietly while you open gifts? I feel this gives more time for people to relax, mingle/catch up and is less "awkward" for mama to be....? Thoughts? 

Re: Baby shower input

• Loading the player...
  • teev12 said:
    Hey, how do you ladies feel about "display" showers for a baby shower? I'm on the fence. For those who don't know, display shower is basically this- you tell guests to bring their gifts unwrapped and have a designated spot at party for everyone to put their gifts. Guests attach a card/tag to say who it's from of course. This is instead of the traditional "sit down open gifts" portion of the day. Do people really care/want to spend almost an hour sitting quietly while you open gifts? I feel this gives more time for people to relax, mingle/catch up and is less "awkward" for mama to be....? Thoughts? 
    Honestly, I find it in extremely bad taste!