1st Trimester

So confused! Positive, negative & now positive!

I’ll try to make this as short as I can! So I have PCOS & my cycles are all over the place. I Tracked my cycle and found out I was pregnant last Friday the dec 13th with a positive digital Clearblue test (and multiple cheapies!). The next night (saturday) I experienced pretty heavy bleeding and I decided to test again and it was negative. So I assumed I was having a miscarriage. I tested Sunday and negative again. I bleed through the weekend into Monday and I am still lightly bleeding. for some reason I decided to test again tonight because my sense of smell is going crazy and now I’ve tested positive again! I’ve used a couple of tests including another digital which is totally positive. What!?! I am so confused! Has anyone ever experienced this? Could I still be pregnant? I’m getting bloodwork on Thursday as I had bloodwork on Monday and it was inconclusive. 

Re: So confused! Positive, negative & now positive!

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited December 2019
    I’ll try to make this as short as I can! So I have PCOS & my cycles are all over the place. I Tracked my cycle and found out I was pregnant last Friday the dec 13th with a positive digital Clearblue test (and multiple cheapies!). The next night (saturday) I experienced pretty heavy bleeding and I decided to test again and it was negative. So I assumed I was having a miscarriage. I tested Sunday and negative again. I bleed through the weekend into Monday and I am still lightly bleeding. for some reason I decided to test again tonight because my sense of smell is going crazy and now I’ve tested positive again! I’ve used a couple of tests including another digital which is totally positive. What!?! I am so confused! Has anyone ever experienced this? Could I still be pregnant? I’m getting bloodwork on Thursday as I had bloodwork on Monday and it was inconclusive. 
    Yes, it is possible that you are pregnant.  I know of ladies that had bleeding - like period- through their pregnancy.  I also know of someone who have had hematoma that caused major bleeding, but baby was fine.  Then on the other spectrum, it may not be good news.  

I would call your doctor office. Tell them what's going on and see what they want you to do.  
  • Did you have heavy cramping with the bleeding? If not, it may have been a hematoma. I had a very heavy (albeit painless) bleed at 10 weeks that turned out to be a hematoma. But yes, check with your doctor. Hopefully they'll have answers for you.