Pregnant after IF
Options

All Trimester Check-in week of Dec 16!

edited December 2019 in Pregnant after IF
<p>Happy Monday! As always let me know if your info needs to be updated or if I’ve missed you all together. </p><ul><li>How far along/EDD?</li><li>How are you feeling this week?</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions?</li><li>Any upcoming appointments?</li><li>GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat?</li></ul><p>Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.</p><p>Calling!!  </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/Tulips25">@Tulips2</a>9 EDD 1/11 Welcome baby girl!
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/caitiemae">@caitiemae</a> EDD 1/30 (boy)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/jolo1241">@jolo1241</a> EDD 2/2 (girl)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/PoeMasque">@PoeMasque</a> EDD 2/8 (boy)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/cigaline">@cigaline</a> EDD 2/10 (boy)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/celticknotfire">@celticknotfire</a> EDD 2/27</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/ivfsurvivor">@ivfsurvivor</a> EDD 3/3</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/emmasemm">@emmasemm</a> EDD 3/7 (girl)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/love112314">@love112314</a> EDD 3/9</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/sincethelastday">@sincethelastday</a> EDD 3/9 (boy)</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/laurajon2015">@laurajon2015</a> EDD 3/25
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/akak23">@akak23</a> EDD 3/27 (boy)</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/wifeinraleigh28">@wifeinraleigh28</a> EDD 4/4 (boy)</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/sanpelligrino">@sanpelligrino</a> EDD 4/12</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/hanshotfirst77">@hanshotfirst77</a> EDD 6/21</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/bluguitarhannah">@bluguitarhannah</a> EDD 7/5
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/laurad75">@laurad75</a> scheduled-C 7/10 (twins)
</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/knockupthestock">@knockupthestock</a> EDD 7/23 </p><p>@angelina1919 EDD 7/29</p><p>@wildrainbow EDD 8/16</p><p>@BusinessWife EDD 8/21</p>

Re: All Trimester Check-in week of Dec 16!

• Options
    Oh wow I’m first this week ☺️ thanks for starting it @BusinessWife!

• How far along/EDD? 25w3d/3.27.20
    • How are you feeling this week? This has been my first good week since being pregnant. It’s crazy to feel somewhat normal. So thankful 🙏🏼
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? So we just bought a new house and have to sell our current house and move all before the baby. I think we’re totally nuts, but I’m also excited to be starting fresh in a new home with our new baby rather than moving when he is an infant. Anyone else move while pregnant? Open to all advice on making it through without too much stress please! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until January, then I’ll be in my third trimester so every two weeks for the remainder.
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? I’m a sugar freak, so all the desserts - peppermint bark, chocolate peppermint everything actually! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this week @BusinessWife, unfortunately, I was at a funeral all day (a funeral I almost missed because my car decided to lock itself with the keys inside when I dropped my son off at daycare this morning - my car is literally a 2019, I didn’t think it was even possible for that to happen anymore!). 

@akak23 having moved both before and after having a kiddo, I can tell you that moving before baby arrives is definitely much easier! This last move (when our son was 18 months and I was 6 weeks pregnant) will have to be it for us because there’s no way I’m moving with kiddos again, it’s literally the worst. We moved and tackled a complete bathroom renovation (which wasn’t done until a week before DS arrived) before DS was born and, (other than not having a tub to soak in the last month I was pregnant) it wasn’t bad at all. Like you said, a fresh start and settling in with baby in mind was actually exciting rather than stressful. 

@hanshotfirst77 Love that announcement! So adorable and your DS looks so proud! 
    • How far along/EDD? 32+2, 2/8
    • How are you feeling this week? So tired, like I’ve been drugged. Everything is sore and stiff. But otherwise great :)
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant: see my reason for not posting this morning, it’s been a day. Nothing like being a hormonal, exhausted pregnant woman trying really hard not to blubber uncontrollably at a funeral. RAVE: this weekend I went to a therapy pool with a pregnant friend and it was magical! It’s kept super warm, so it was like being in a giant bath. I can’t wait to go again. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Thursday we have our last growth scan and find out if my placenta has moved enough for vaginal delivery or if we have to schedule a cesarean. 
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? Not really. When it’s rainy and cold I start to crave hot chocolate, but I’m in the PNW, so that’s basically fall through spring, so not really specific to the holidays haha. 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 5+2/Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? I have the flu along with ds1. We are so miserable. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Due to being sick, I have pregnancy symptoms and I'm trying to stay out of my head and remember it's still early. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? The 23rd to check for a hb.
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? I make a cream cheese poundcake and it's the best thing since sliced bread.  
  • Options
    @akak23 - isn’t it wonderful when you actually start to feel somewhat like yourself again in pregnancy? I remember relishing the feeling of not feeling sick anymore! Also, good luck with the moving! We’re settled in our house for now, but will have to move in the summer of 2021 for my husband’s work for one year, so that’ll be with a 16 month old, so already bracing myself for that lol. 

@hanshotfirst77 - I love the announcement pic with your DS - he looks so happy! And love the IVF heart around the US pic! Great to hear you have such a positive workforce and friends who you can celebrate this great news with! 

@PoeMasque - sorry to hear about your rough day with the car (ugh, how annoying!) and also attending a funeral. 😟 On a positive note though, that therapy pool sounds AMAZING!! Do you have the pool to yourself or share it with others like a hot tub? 

@wildrainbow - sorry to hear about being sick! Hope you and DS feel better soon! 
    • How far along/EDD? 28w1d  3/9
    • How are you feeling this week? Still feeling pretty good. Been getting some more aches in my back and around my rib cage from sitting at my desk all day and just carrying around that extra bit of weight. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves - nothing to do with pregnancy, but my DH finally found out where he’s doing his one year medical fellowship!! We’ll be away for a year from summer 2021-summer 2022. We’re still very hopeful that he’ll get a job here for next year until 2021, but this whole fellowship thing was a big uncertainty in our lives for months now, so it feels so good to at least have something firm in place. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Currently waiting to get the rH negative shot in the brand spankin’ new women’s hospital in my city. I’m not delivering in this hospital, but if I’m lucky enough to get pregnant again, I’m tempted to go with this hospital next time around lol. 
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? I  have a huge sweet tooth, so really any holiday baking. I make these coffee vanilla cookies with a Bailey’s icing which I love, but will make some alcoholic free icing this year just for myself to enjoy lol. 

• Options

Happy Monday! As always let me know if your info needs to be updated or if I’ve missed you all together. 

• How far along/EDD? 7/1 (this is change and one of the us has it earlier we'll see), 12 +
    • How are you feeling this week? Good, off all meds from RE for a week feel clearer
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 1st Ob appt after RE graduation was a let down, no US, she's opposed to all but one of the meds RE approved but heard heart beat on doppler
    • Any upcoming appointments? 2nd OB 1/13, 20 week us 4 weeks after
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? buttermilk pie or frosted cookies

• Options
    Hi all. 
    • How far along/EDD? 8+4/ 7/10 (scheduled 38-week c-section)
    • How are you feeling this week? a little better but still tired
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I had bw today and my left arm just wouldn't give blood.  So weird and annoying.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 1st OB appt was today; follow up u/s with RE is tomorrow and hopefully my last appt there. 
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? my mom makes these super simple butter cookies and I love them.  They are addictive!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Since I missed last week: huge CONGRATS to @Tulips29, was delighted to hear your news! Hope her stay in the NICU is very short and that you soon get to take her home for lots of cuddles!

@BusinessWife welcome! 

@akak23 Haven’t done it, but heard of many people who have and survived! I should think it’s definitely doable especially if you haven’t got a husband who is a hoarder like mine ☺️ which makes the whole experience painful even without kids...

@hanshotfirst77 Great picture! YS does indeed look very proud. Funnily enough we have the same bedding as you!

@PoeMasque Sorry to hear about the funeral, and the panic with the car keys on top of that. Your therapy pool does sound amazing. Is it different from a jacuzzi/hot tub type thing?

@wildrainbow Hope you feel better soon. 

@sincethelastday Congrats to YH on the medical fellowship - great news! Where is the mystery location in the end? Btw, I empathised with your story about the potential insemination mistake last week - (though I would have been horrified if my gynaecologist had actually brought the subject up!) - while I don’t really suspect them of mixing things up, I will certainly be happy once baby is here and it’s hopefully obvious that he is definitely DH’s too!!
    • How far along/EDD? 32w1d/10 Feb
    • How are you feeling this week?
    Have at last come down with cold, tickly sore throat that makes it harder to get to sleep. Some days very tired but others pretty ok really, often when I force myself to do stuff I find I get a lot more done than I expected. The reflux-related nausea is still making life miserable from time to time - feels a bit like I’ve regressed to the first trimester only I’m a lot less mobile! 
    • Rants? 
    That would have to be the strikes here which have paralysed the transport system since 5 Dec and cancelled lots of nice Christmas plans. I’ve managed to get to and from work since last week, but it’s quite an ordeal. In order to get home I have to leave before 4pm (and even then it’s a fight to get on the bus) and take the tram and 2 buses (about 1h30). Was supposed to be going to the ballet tomorrow (a long planned birthday treat) but that’s cancelled, and can’t even stay out in Paris to have dinner with friends as the last train leaves so early in the evening. As for Christmas shopping - well I haven’t even tried. Don't even have the mental energy for online shopping once I’ve managed to get home in the evening.
    • Raves? Managed to buy fresh cranberries for my favourite ‘Boston brownies’ recipe which I made for the work Christmas lunch. It’s usually pretty impossible to find them here, in the UK I can get frozen ones all year round but have never seen them in France. They came all the way from Canada which made me think of you @sincethelastday !
    Apart from that, have at last decided not to go back to work after Christmas, and it feels good to have made the decision even if I still feel slightly anxious/guilty about the financial impact. After a long discussion with the gynaecologist, he’s signed me off work from the end of the week, which I didn’t really see the need for as I’ll be on holiday but on the plus side I’ll get my holiday leave back so it can be taken at the end of the mat leave. The system is so different from in the UK, it’s hard to get your head around. In some ways it’s more generous but in others it seems crazy - if you take sick leave you normally don’t get paid for the first 3 days. It’s supposed to be dissuasive but I think it’s actually pretty irresponsible in a hospital where staff forcing themselves to come in with a virus risk contaminating all the patients! In all the years I’ve worked I’m not sure I’ve ever taken more than 3 days in a row, but most years there’s the odd day that you’d silly coming in for to spread bugs around everywhere. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? US tomorrow to check the kidneys again. Hope I get some good 3D images again! 
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? Boston brownies are not really a holiday treat but a favourite any time of year! I love a good homemade mince pie, and the excuse to indulge in chocolate. Near where we used to live there’s an amazing chocolatier who does assortments of dark chocolates filled with lots of exotic ganaches and Christmas is always a good excuse to take some home to England!
  • Options
    Hello! New here  :)
    • How far along/EDD? 7+6 / 7/29
    • How are you feeling this week? Just very tired. Almost no nausea, just a couple of waves during the day.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Very anxious! my RE was great but only did 2 Betas, 1 US at 6+5 to confirm a HB but not even measured it and then she gave me a book and a onesie and that was it.  So I need to wait until next week to get some kind of reassurance. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Thu will be my first OB appointment with a new Dr so not sure what to expect. I know they do U/S in the office, so I hope I get to see the baby. 
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? Chocolate! all year long actually. 
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 love the announcement with DS, adorable!

@sincethelastday sones it’s you have a moving plan in place and you’re not in limbo.

@PoeMasque sorry to hear about the funeral. And thanks for the pep talk on moving, you’re right I should look at it as excitement rather than stress.

Welcome @angelina1919!

Try to let the guilt go about not working @cigaline! I can 100% relate, I had to start working part time because I’ve been so sick and it made me feel like such a loser at first. But now I’m actually enjoying my pregnancy more and I think that’s in part due to less stress on my body. Work will always be there for you when you’re ready to go back. 
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I love learning about maternity leave policies, thanks for starting this convo.

I am self employed so I have been saving money like crazy this year in the hopes of needing it to pay myself a maternity leave. I will take 10-12 weeks totally off with someone taking over for me full time. Then go back part time for about a year is the plan. We’re getting a nanny for 4 hours a day to give me time to work and then I’ll be on mommy duty the rest of the time. 
  • Options
    @PoeMasque You should be proud that your efforts will result in such positive impact to other parents :)   
    Glad you asked about this! I had that on my very very long to do list.  I just hung up with the nurse line at my job and I get 5 months paid (STD + Parental leave), then I will have the option to add 3 weeks of vacations, as 1 will be used to kick off the STD period.  I was not really aware of all the benefits we have (Parental leave also apply to adopting parents).  I even get full coverage for an overnight service to ship my milk in case I am breastfeeding and need to travel inside the US. 
  • Options

• How far along/EDD? 28+4 7th March 
    • How are you feeling this week? Overall good. No space in my lungs for air. Left hip is fed up of my sleeping on it all night every night. Quite some nausea comes back at times. And man am I tired. But all Par for the course for hitting 3rd tri I believe! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - Saturday we went testing chairs for the nursery in a big furniture store. This totally exhausted me and i slept the rest of the day and felt pretty awful. 
    • But rave was a great US yesterday where baby girl was on track for everything. My placenta is still being a tricky devil hence moving to week appointments already and combined with a few other things decision was taken that I am now off sick until maternity leave officially starts. Yesterday I packed up my office and put on my out of office, just a few final handover emails to send over the next days and otherwise I am done with work and can move on to my “baby task list”! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next is end of next week for the “booking in” appointment at the hospital and do the US and NST whilst there as we are on weekly ones already now.
    • GTKY: do you have a favorite holiday treat? My mum would always make apple crumble and serve it warm with ice cream. Actually now I really fancy some... maybe I have time to bake one some time in the next weeks! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @akak23 it’s crazy how many people do just what you’re doing. I could not imagine to be honest! Good luck!

@hanshotfirst77 omg what an awesome announcement and big brother looks so so proud! 

@PoeMasque oh gosh what a day. Sorry about the funeral and keys combo. But the therapy pool sounds like heaven. I’m still not allowed a bath or to go swimming :-( Hoping your placenta has moved!

@wildrainbow oh I’m sorry you have the flu, that is just miserable 

@sincethelastday what wonderful news about the fellowship!!! What a relief! And well done to YH as fellowship spots are not easy to come by!

@cigaline - hey stay home in Europe buddy!!! Yes I agree the systems are so different but I’m happy to have supportive OBs - most people were super shocked I hadn’t already stopped work weeks ago as it seems o common to stop early!

@angelina1919 welcome!

@poemasque you should definitely be proud! 

I will try to summarize what we have in Germany but it’s quite complex so the high level view isn’t 100% right in all aspects, but should give a good overview.

We have six weeks before and 8 weeks after the birth protected. If you have twins or a premature birth you get 12 weeks after the birth protected. This is the mandatory maternity leave. 
    During this time you get paid a small amount each day from the health insurance which is mandated by government, then employers have to make up a certain amount of your wage based on the average of the previous months. The % can vary, but all good employers make it so you receive net the same as if you were working. So basically 3 months on full pay. Very lucky.
    I think this 3 month standard should be available to every woman around the world. Birth is a kind of trauma, let alone needing to bond with your baby before leaving it all day. 

Then you have parental leave, which can (with a few exceptions) be taken by either or a combination of both parents. Here you have the right to not work or work part time (15-30 hours per week) up to the kid is 3yo. If you don’t use all the three years you can carry over up to 2 years to the 8th birthday unless you work for a very small company. So example you might take a full year off, then go back full time, but then work part time for 2 years when they first go to school.
    During this time for up to 12 months you get 1800 euro per month or 60% of your average previous years net income per month, whichever is the lower. Or you can spread it over 2 years and get max 900 per month. 
    This is very very generous from the government compared to many other countries.

But in the other hand it makes most employers think twice about employing women in a lot of positions so it does have its quite serious drawbacks. 

Then again, I had lunch with someone the other day and we suddenly realized most people will work from mid 20s to at least 70 now. So say 45 years. If a woman takes off 1-2 years or works part time for a few years she is percentage wise she might work only in total 4-5% less than a man - and who knows he might also take a sabbatical... what is 4% less in the grand scheme of things... nothing. So we concluded people should stop worrying about “all the work and development” women miss out on when they take time out to have a family... as they don’t miss out on any significant time at all.

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    *TW* Unfortunately, today's ultrasound showed that the babies stopped growing sometime over the past week.  I will go in Friday for a D&E (similar to a D&C).  I wish you all beautiful and boring pregnancies.  I won't be back to read responses but know you are all thinking of me.  xo
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 Hugs, gun. I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    @laurad75 I'm so sorry.

@PoeMasque I'm glad this conversation got brought up. I actually just spoke with my HR dept yesterday about Maternity leave. My company is in Massachusetts, but I work remote in Connecticut but I started with the company working out of the NY office which is technically the closest office to me. So I wasn't sure what state laws would apply regarding FMLA. But anyways, our company provides 12 weeks of paid maternity leave at full pay. But because I am in CT, I get 16 weeks job protection unpaid. So I'll qualify for an additional 4 weeks unpaid. So a total of 4 months. I'm starting to save now for that month of no pay. And I plan to keep the baby home with me after that since I work from home and am hoping I can handle that. My mom plans to retire next Christmas so I'm hoping I can at least make it work til then and she can then help with the childcare.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @laurad75 so sorry to hear this, take care of yourself 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @laurad75 - just in case you do pop back on here, so, so sorry to hear this news! 😢

@cigaline - the idea of ending work now sounds lovely, but I can see how I may feel the same way too. I think @akak23 summed it up perfectly though that work will be there when you’re back and this time to prepare and rest before baby is so valuable! On a side note, what’s a Boston brownie? 

In regards to where we’ll be moving in 2021, it will be Halifax, Nova Scotia. I’ve always wanted to visit the Canadian east coast and Halifax is known as a very friendly, beautiful city, so really looking forward to it! This prairie girl is ready to live by the ocean for a year lol

@angelina1919 - welcome! Hope your upcoming appointments all work out well! 

@emmasemm - I’m with you on just recently feeling a bit more sore and achy lately. It’s like the third trimester hits and BANG! all of a sudden your body doesn’t feel as great as it did in the second trimester. Hope you find some relief, especially from the nausea! Hope you get lots done now that you’re done work, but also have a lot of restful time. And hope your placenta behaves itself! Hearing about your mat leave options sound pretty amazing with how you can pick and choose how to  do some parts of it. 

@PoeMasque - thanks for asking the question about mat leave as I always find it interesting how different countries do it. And bravo for advocating so hard for those changes which will be so beneficial for future mamas! 

Canada just recently (2017) introduced an 18 month parental leave. Maternity leave is up to 17 weeks, but then the remainder can be taken by either parent. For years the standard was 12 months off, which is still an option. So now parents can choose between 12 and 18 months. The same  Employment Insurance amount is given regardless of if you choose the 12 or 18 month. The payments are just stretched out more if you’re doing 18 months (12 months - 55% of average weekly earnings; 18 months - 33% of average weekly earnings). I’m taking the 18 month leave just to have that extra time with baby. My husband is taking a week off when the baby arrives and his employer is allowing him to have very flexible hours during the month after. Otherwise, due to the nature of his residency/job he’s not going to be taking any of the parental leave. Employers have to give you your job back (or a comparable job) at the same pay rate and benefits package when you return. I realize I’m very lucky compared to what some parents have. 
  • Options
    @laurad75 ygpm
  • Options
    In my state we can do 12 weeks FMLA unpaid.  At my job that can be FMLA or parental leave.  I have short term disability policy that I believe is going to cover 6 weeks for normal delivery and 8 for C-section.  I'm so jealous of some of the options you have.
    I anticipate having a month of sick leave banked give or take a couple of days so that will be full pay.  STD is 60% of my pay.  My wife is retiring from teaching in May and will stay home with the baby.  We are currently trying to reconfigure our budget to anticipate the hit of her salary going down and at least six weeks of my pay reduced.
  • Options
    I guess I need to hop over to the new mommies thread but I’ll never lurking to see how all of you are doing! 

@Tulips29 I hope you’re recovering nicely and baby girl is doing well! 
  • Options
    @k_mama91 we will miss you! Hope everything is going ok!

@bluguitarhannah @cashewchicken @angelina1919 what is STD? I tried to google it but, well you can guess what came up with that abbreviation!!! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @emmasemm Haha. STD=short term disability. Or at least that’s how I used it. My state disability covers 60% of my salary and my short term disability insurance provided by my employer covers an additional 6% of my salary. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @emmasemm Yes, STD is short term disability...among other meanings  ;)  In my case all the benefits $$ wise are covered by my employer.  I don't think my state FL covers anything.
  • Options
    “lurking”
    Interesting topic about maternity leave. I’m going back to work on 2January after 12 weeks of leave, it’s standard deal for females in the military. I wish it was longer though. Technically I can get regular leave in addition to maternity if the commander approves, but usually it doesn’t happen. 
  • Options
    Thank you for all the replies about leave! I’ve done so much research on it, but it’s so helpful to just hear directly from people. 

@k_mama91 Hope everything with Wyatt is going well and that you are continuing to heal. Hope to see you in a few weeks on the new mom thread :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker