May 2020 Moms

Monday B*tchfest 12/16

Re: Monday B*tchfest 12/16

• I have an appt today to have my car appraised. I bought it in July, but it's not big enough for four car seats so we have to trade it in. I've kept it in pristine condition since I've had it. This morning I spilled my caramel macchiato all over the front passenger seat. *sighs*
  • Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 Literally had a coffee fiasco too.

I brewed coffee without the pot underneath. Walked away unaware and came back to coffee pouring down the counters and cabinet. I swear pregnancy brain is the worst. 
  • @rox777 Oh, no! I've done that before and it's the absolute worst! Coffee everywhere. I hope you caught it kind of early. 
  • @ruby696 Does half a pot count as early? A ninja carafe at that. That sucker holds a lot of coffee.
  • @rox7777 Nope, not early. Ugh, I've so been there and it sucks! 
  • @smashley09 rude. Let me decide if I want to caffeinate while pregnant. Thanks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @smashley09 that was rude of your boss. I hate when people make judgey assumptions like that.
  • @smashley09 Ummm first of all, none of her business.  Second of all, last I checked, they made coffee in decaf variety, so she could have at least offered.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @smashley09 maybe you wanted tea or something too. That was rude as hell of her! 
    @ruby696 I hope the appointment went well even with the coffee smell! What are you looking to get as a replacement? 

• @smashley09 I used to work at a cafe and a girl I worked with would make all pregnant women's coffee decaf. It drove me nuts. 
  • Crazy Monday...I have 1 patient actively dying and 2 are circling the drain. December is a rough month for the elderly. I also did some on call hours tonight so I didn’t get home til almost 10pm. And I have an early meeting tomorrow morning but I can’t seem to get settled down to sleep yet, still unwinding.
  • @sunshinesea22 So tough, I hope everything went smoothly and peacefully. Remind me what you do - you are in hospice case management right? 
  • @rachelg777 Yes exactly. How’s your gentleman doing? I saw you posted in another thread that he’s not looking good again. Two of my patients are definitely on their way out now. One guy has been with me for 15 months. The hard part is that people don’t understand that the actual dying process can take over a week. That’s exhausting for families. Especially when movies make it seem like everyone dies instantly after making a profound statement about the meaning of life. That only happens in movies. Dying can be a beautiful, peaceful process but it takes time. 
  • hahaha @brettanomyces I like your friend.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @sunshinesea22 That's a tough but rewarding job I'm sure. I 100% agree with you. Even when I worked in the ICU families would expect it was an immediate thing when we did withdrawal of care, and that was only when it would take hours. We transferred them of course if it was going to be a long time. Earlier this year the wife of the gentleman I take care of passed away and she lingered a long time. It takes a lot of education for the family. Anyway, he is having good days and bad days so it's a kind of "we will see" thing. Yesterday he could barely respond to questions and would hardly open his eyes but today he is up and doing fine. I hope everything goes smoothly with your patients!
  • @rachelg777 Oh man, that roller coaster is tough too. I hope he is comfy and happy however things go. And hopefully he’s okay while you’re away. Though I will say, he might even pass before you leave. I’ve had that happen with patient’s I’m close to. If they know I’m going away, I’ve had people pass just before I leave, almost like a “I want you to be here for me” kind of thing.
  • I know it isn't Monday, but I need to complain!

Yeaterday DS and I were sitting in the truck in the school parking lot and I watch a mom pull into the school while texting! Do you honestly think it's a good idea to pull into a preachool parking lot without being completely aware of your surroundings?! Not only is it a state preschool (the one her kid goes to) but right next door, the class DS is in, is the special education preschool. These kids are runners. Ugh it just makes me so ragey.
  • @splashmountain my state has made touching your phone in the car illegal and while it's sometimes annoying, overall I am really pleased with this rule for obvious reasons. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sister just had a baby right after Thanksgiving, my mom today informed me that I look as big as my sister did at 9 months pregnant. Thanks mom.
    This was also after she ruined a cake I was baking after she insisted her way was better. This is a cake that I have baked every year with my grandmother since I was 5. My mom has tried to bake it only once. However, my grandmother is recovering from surgery right now, so my mom suggested we bake it together.