Group 4 (April 25-30) week of Dec 16

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? 
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Group 4 (April 25-30) week of Dec 16

• EDD/W+D: April 26th, 21+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive, carrot, bottle of sriracha 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 3rd to meet our backup midwife. Excited to meet her because she delivered (and saved) my cousin's baby

How are you feeling? Good! Achy, still congested, but happy and getting excited about how close things are getting now that we're over the halfway hump. Also prenatal yoga has had me feeling a little better in my body

Raves/Rants: Rant: We had some gross weather Saturday night and the next morning the sidewalks were fully treacherous. So much better today except for one stanking house that clearly put nothing down and it's like a skating rink trying to pass it by on the way to the subway. Rave: Hubby took me for a nice breakfast date yesterday because I was craving strawberry crepes and the place he took me fully fulfilled that preggo dream.

Questions: For Christmas celebrators, what are you asking for? I feel like this year I don't really want too much for myself because we're trying to get rid of clutter, but everyone says I should ask for things for me because once baby arrives all the attention goes to them. 

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? I had initially hoped to travel for a baby moon, but the more I think about it the more I actually just want to have some really good dates with my husband. Maybe a fancy dinner, maybe a spa day, any dates that require at least a few hours to ourselves without having to worry about a sitter or lactating or sleep deprivation. Suggestions welcome for winter & preggo-friendly date ideas! I also really want (and need) to organize and declutter our apartment and get a haircut... but those are more practical.
  • EDD/W+D: 20weeks- Planned for 4/20 as of now

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): endive which is gross

Upcoming Appointments: Not til Jan 10- glucose drink, US to check placenta placement...

How are you feeling? Good- tired but good.

Raves/Rants: Why do they allow planned c-sections to be at 6am when they know you have to be there 2hrs early and are about to lose all the sleep to a new baby? Like, yes, we are planning this, so lets make it crazy early so you can be exhausted as as soon as baby arrives. I get this isn't usually planned- but when it is?!?

Questions: Nope

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? Was hoping for a babymoon- but no way. So, we are installing our new closet system!! Getting baby room ready and fingers crossed we can knock out one more room!!

@korthouse really nice slippers, bathrobe, comfy cute jammies, post preggo compression leggings, nice water bottle if nursing, spa gift card for prenatal massage, fun box subscription... For dates- spa, fancy dinner, play or musical, comedy show, lunch dates are fun if doable
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4/30, 20w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): banana, Swingline stapler, pint of root beer haha 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling? Constipated, bigger than I am, other than that pretty good

Raves/Rants: Work is out of control and I don't know how I'm supposed to get it all done by the time it needs to be

Questions: 

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? 
    Finish a couple of house projects like painting our hallway/stairwell and our bedroom, and finishing our almost finished basement so the kids can use it as a playroom.  

@korthouse I asked my parents for 10 white bath towels and I asked DH for some new underwear (we're not doing presents, just stockings, this year since we just bought a new, well new to us, car and a fancyish coffee maker)  I've been dropping hints all over the place that a prenatal massage gift card would be great.
  • EDD/W+D: April 30, 2020 - 21 weeks today! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: TEAM PINK :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Large banana, endive, large carrot, and my personal favorite, the size of a least weasel, which if you Google that, it is a ridiculously cute little weasel. 

Upcoming Appointments: January 10th - second 1 hour glucose test and appointment that day 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. My doctor put some restrictions on what I can do at work, and while it's hard for me to ask for help, I'll admit that I do feel better at the end of the day taking it a little easier. I'm definitely starting to feel more pregnant as this baby bump gets bigger. 

Raves/Rants: I'm a little cranky about the pelvic rest due to placenta previa and the fact that everyone seems to feel bad for my husband if we tell them the majority of what that entails. Y'all, what about me? LOL. Apparently my husband told his brother about it, and he decided to tell my in-laws about our lack of sex but not the reason why so we got a text from my FATHER-IN-LAW saying, "Sex during pregnancy is common." :neutral: My husband explained it to him, but you know how relieved I am right now that we live 900+ miles from them and won't see them for months. But I'm raving over this AZMED Maternity Belt, Breathable Abdominal Binder, Back Support, One Size, Beige I bought on Amazon. I've been wearing it for almost a week, and it's helped so much! 

Questions: None that I can think of 

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? We need to finish moving everything out of the room that will become the baby's nursery and then get rid of the stuff we don't need so that our office isn't swimming with junk like it is right now. But the room is almost empty, and once the holidays are over, my husband said we can go to IKEA and start baby furniture shopping. :D:D  
  • I have been in and out of this group due to being a very busy mama but happy to participate this week. 

EDD/W+D: 4/20  21 Weeks 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): My Ovia App says a Least Weasel - so weird 

Upcoming Appointments: Sonogram December 26 - Appointment Dec 30

How are you feeling? Everyone in our house has colds. Still nauseous every morning. I have a headache every afternoon. Lots of heartburn! But all is manageable. 

Raves/Rants: As prepared as a feel for the holidays this year with my gifts, I am just not the holiday sprint! This is a hard season with a 6 and 2 year old and being 21 weeks pregnant. I want to make the holidays special for my girls so I am just so over it! 

Questions: Is everyone ready for the holidays? How are you holding up keeping it all together???

GTKY- what is on your before baby or before next baby bucket list? I just want to make it to having this baby! lol 
    Like I said before like is hard two working parents, two very busy kiddos, too many friends and family to make plans with. I just want to relax and less stress. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @korthouse Definitely asked for compression socks for Christmas like @smallbutmighty77 did, along with a robe that I'm hoping to wear postpartum at the hospital and beyond because it looks so comfy and wonderful. I asked for a few pieces of maternity clothes as I'm still woefully lacking in that area and am starting to realize I'm asking too much of some of my pre-pregnancy sweaters. :smiley: I also asked for some things to help organize our home better. I also asked for some workout DVDs that I hope to use to get back in shape once my little girl makes her debut and the doctor clears me for normal activity. 
  • @sbalding88 a couple of weeks ago MIL said to one of DH's friend, in front of me, that she was going to buy us a TV for the bedroom so we'd have something else to do (this is baby 3 and unplanned).  I could feel my face turn red.  Luckily MIL is the best and her and DH have a relationship where inappropriate jokes are common but I don't think DH's friend knew how to react..  Why are ILs commenting on our sex life?!  lol    
  • @mandapandapie13 I'm not feeling as festive as I normally do, and I don't have the extra pressure of making it special for the kids while pregnant as I'm a FTM. I fully admit that I've not decorated our house and have no intention of doing so. We'll be spending several days with my family around Christmas and their house will be all festive. Otherwise, most of Christmas shopping is done (thanks Amazon) and just need to wrap everything and pack for our trip. My husband has helped me keep it together this year for sure. He's taken on some extra responsibilities, but even then I'm so tired. I thought I had more time before that hit! lol. 

@KFrob See, my FIL is not the type of person who jokes about that kind of stuff; he's the serious one who shakes his head at us when we're making "inappropriate jokes." So I'm pretty sure he said this out of pure seriousness and concern for our sexual relationship as though we didn't know it was okay to have sex while pregnant. Apparently the reason was lost in the telling. XD While we were struggling with infertility for several years, we did have a well-meaning friend suggest that we rent some X-rated movies that might help us out. I think I turned the same shade as the fire engine nearby.