April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 12/15

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 12/15

• Super crazy at work this week bc we soft close for xmas week, so trying to get as much wrapped up as possible before that. Also finishing gift buying, wrapping and prepping the house projects we need to do the days we are off that DD has daycare!! 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I'm feeling the same way!  Luckily we have our team Xmas party lunch on Wed and I'm getting out of work early and hoping to get presents wrapped then.  We're also hosting Xmas day and trying to get a painting project completed in our hallway and stairwell done before then.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m a super stressed preggo lady. This is all very sudden but my husband has signed an offer letter to go work in Montana, and the people that own our rental house are wanting us out by January 1st. So now instead of finding a new rental in Nova Scotia, we have to try finding a place to live in Montana. The moving company is coming in 2 weeks, I have to sell my car before then, and we are doing our best to pack up the house on our own. THEN I have to fly with my two kids by myself from Nova Scotia to Utah over the course of 2 days so that we can stay with my parents while my husband road trips across the country and starts looking for a place for us to live. I might just stay with my parents until the moving truck makes it all the way to Montana because otherwise we’ll have no place for us to sleep or any way to keep the kids entertained. Ahhhhhhhh
  • @emsned That is a crazy amount of stress. Good luck to you. I hope that move goes as smoothly as possible. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @emsned Holy moly!  Good luck and I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly!
  • Today was supposed to be a fairly low key day. I had the day off, so between hanging with DS, I was going to do some cleaning and then relax with a show at nap time. Well, when I went to clean the basement bathroom found out DH's morning poop didn't flush all the way. I flush the toilet and it overflows all over the bathroom and down the hallway. Meanwhile, DS starts screaming because he accidentally pooped on the floor and is upset. I'm done with today!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I have such a fear of the toilet over flowing!  Sorry your relaxing day is filled with poop.
  • @KFrob fear of mine too. I don't want to deal with it if I'm home alone. I definitely broke down in tears!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought DH some cufflinks for his birthday the first year we were together. He put them in my purse the other day and I completely forgot they were there. A few minutes ago, I got something out of my purse and only found one cufflink. I went searching and found the other one in the parking lot, but it was broken. Looks like it was run over. It’s taking all my energy to not start bawling right now. They weren’t expensive, but they were special to us. He wore them to our wedding. I just feel like a real jerk for letting one of them get broken. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • We are waiting on Christmas gifts that have been on the UPS delivery truck EVERY DAY since last Tuesday...  every night not delivered and the next day they are on the truck again to be delivered. I had this same issue with UPS a couple weeks ago and their customer service just tells you what is on the website.  It’s frustrating my mind that just wants to check the gifts off the list but it isn’t the end of the world either.  Just hope I get them before Christmas!!!!
  • @emsned Good luck!!! DH are on the opposite end of wanting to move back to Nova Scotia someday, but that won't be until the job market improves out there unfortunately. Make sure to stock up on any Maritime-specific craving foods you might want in Montana!
  • And my packages arrived!! The 2 that were originally on the delivery truck a week ago and one came 2 days early!  We officially have all the Christmas gifts and now I get to procrastinate wrapping them. 
  • @mandarenee898 I have no idea when we're going to wrap everything!  Usually I'm so on top of it but this year we're dealing with DD1 who's been a real pain about taking naps and going to bed at night and will randomly get up so I feel like the second I take stuff out to wrap shes going to come down stairs.  
  • @KFrob @mandarenee898 I’m not remotely ready for Christmas. I have a ton of stuff I’ll have to wrap. Plus, still trying to find gifts for my parents. I feel so behind. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I have not one Christmas present wrapped. I have all the gifts stashed in the baby’s room and randomly poke my head in there, think “I should wrap these” and promptly shut the door and walk away. I also have to finish shopping this weekend. I am the worst. 😂
  • @emsned that is quite the load of stress! I hope it goes by quickly and smoothly!

@Kathryn0903 Why don’t husbands know it’s important to flush their poop!?? It’s not something I want to see on a daily basis!

@mercury94 I’m sorry about the broken cufflink. 🙁

@korthouse What kind of diaper bag did you end up getting??
  • @literatureandink Me today: I'm going to wrap everything I've bought so far! Quits after wrapping one gift because I got too hungry then forgot to start again...

I got the Original by Fawn Design in Walnut. It was $100 off and converts to either backpack or shoulder strap
  • @literatureandink I still have a ton of gifts to wrap too. And I don’t have a good place to hide them so I put them under a blanket in the spare bedroom and just pray my children don’t find them. 
  • @literatureandink Also haven’t wrapped any gifts. Just bought the last ones today. Also, need to buy wrapping paper. And I haven’t put up the tree still, so that’s probably not happening. I think I’m really bad at Christmas this year. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Just feeling overwhelmed this week with the holidays. We have my in-laws staying here this weekend and celebrating Christmas with them. I need to do all this baking and cleaning the house to prepare for their arrival, making a meal for the work potluck, groceries and preparing to make meals for this weekend! I burnt one dessert on Tuesday and started bawling, like sat down on the kitchen floor sobbing. Thanks, pregnancy hormones. 
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited December 2019
    So basically we’re all having a super fun week, and we aren’t stressed at all about the holidays! Hah! I’m with you ladies. So much to do at work for end-of-year and not enough time to do it. My family arrived last night to celebrate an early Christmas this weekend, but I’m not prepared for them. I still haven’t wrapped anything either. Wishing all of us the strength we need to get through it all.
  • @emsned Where in Montana? I have a lot of family in the area. I’m sorry for all of the moving stress, but I’m hopeful you’ll have it all sorted quickly!
  • I was on the verge of a break down over the holidays and getting everything done, especially since we're hosting Christmas day, but I've been slowly chipping away and thinking of ways to make things go more smoothly.  I've now made a billion lists.  The other day I basically let the kids run rampant while I prepped all the dry ingredients for the stuff I have to bake.  I also already did a Target drive up order for all the supplies we need.  I know it's really terrible for the environment but we're doing the fancy plastic tableware to make things easier.  I don't know how we're going to give the house the deep cleaning it needs with the kids following behind destroying it.
  • Our legal assistant is going around asking when everyone is going to be out for the holiday next week. Pretty sure I’m working Christmas Eve afternoon by myself, but I refuse to take time off right now and we are open until 5 that day. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kfrob I’m all for saving the environment but I had zero issues with myself getting fancy disposables when we hosted thanksgiving! Pregnant = you get an out!
  • @korthouse that's so pretty!!!  
  • @KFrob It's beautiful and magical all over that market. It's held in the old red brick distillery district and free admission on weeknights! 
  • Yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going to see the new Star Wars movie, which we really enjoyed. My mom kept DS and I’m thinking I can’t rely on her to do that any more. She and DH had a bit of a fight because she wanted DS to spend the night, but didn’t want to drop him off at daycare today for his pajama Christmas party.  So, DS came home cranky because his grandma stormed off and his dad had to drag him out of her house to go home. It sucked. DS cried for like an hour after he got home. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thank you for the well wishes ladies.

@jenabary we’re moving to Billings. 
  • Jeepers @korthouse you were so productive!! I went Christmas shopping for five hours yesterday and was ruined after. I was exhausted and my hips and lower back were trash. 
  • @literatureandink some days I manage to pull it off, other days I go to one shop for 30 minutes and am exhausted 😅
  • Today I baked Christmas cookies.  I didn’t do the plates for neighbors or work this year like I normally do but wanted to have them for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day (both at DH’s family) and then for my family Christmas the Saturday after Christmas (we’re all spread out so usually pick the weekend before/after to get together). 

1 batch of sugar cookies (Still need to frost)
    1 batch of shortbread cookies (cooked with sprinkles and all done)

I feel wiped out and took a nap on the couch but felt very productive!
  • Our wrapping mountain that I've slowly been tackling this week. More to go, but I think I can finally see the finish line! Next year with first baby being here I suspect everything will go in gift bags!

• I'm also surviving!  High fives everyone!  I wrapped presents for like 3 hours yesterday while DH took SD and DD1 out of the house all afternoon.  I let DD2 run around destroying the area of the house she was gated into. With all the up and down stairs bringing the present up from the basement and back down, and unboxing all the orders I legit broke a sweat.  I got one batch of chewy gingerbread cookies baked and cleaned both bathrooms.  I didn't get everything done I wanted to but glad I made a big dent.