April 2020 Moms
Options

Placenta Previa?

2»

Re: Placenta Previa?

• Options
    @babyrummom my recovery was pretty good. For DD I needed a blood transfusion the next day which sucked and I was super puffy, but I had very minimal bleeding and was up and around the next day. DS no transfusion and hardly any swelling. Bc he went straight to the NICU I kinda forced recovery bc I was down there all day from day 2, so very little meds and walking/sitting super early. 
    The one thing I hate is I get super nauseated during my c sections and threw up, which sucks when you cant sit up or anything and all the drugs knock me out hard for like 3hrs after. Going to talk to my dr more this time about how to avoid those things. I literally couldn't keep my eyes open if my life depended on it.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    babybisonbabybison member
    edited January 2020
    @smallbutmighty77 I wouldn't have thought about the drugs making you feel that way. I've never had surgery so I don't know how my body will react, but I know my mom throws up every time. 

@babyrummom My only birth experience was vaginal, and I thought it was pretty awful. 25 hours of labor and 3 of pushing. I said during it multiple times that I wanted to have a c-section next time. 

I know VBACs are OB dependent too. My OB is super pro-VBAC, but I can imagine some more old school docs are against them. 

Edit: bump app screwed me up, lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babyrummom I hope we both have good news next month too! 
  • Options
    I had my appointment with the midwife today and I will need to schedule a transvaginal ultrasound to check placenta placement again at 32 weeks. They want it at least 2 cm away. If at this time it hasn’t moved, I will need to schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. That would make him a March baby! 
  • Options
    @babyrummom I'll be hoping it moves just a little bit more so you won't have to have a c-section! That's good to know that even if mine hasn't moved enough, there's still hope of escaping a c-section. I'm so impatient to go again and find out more information; I still have just over 3 weeks. Ugh...I'm so impatient. I just want to know one way or another.