n_finnn_finn member
edited December 2019 in 2nd Trimester

Re: Baby Girl Name!

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited December 2019
    n_finn said:
    Hi! 

Think we have pretty much decided on the name Rowan for our baby girl. Trying to figure out middle name. My husband suggested Rowan Nicole (Nicole is my name). Any thoughts or other ideas on middle names? Thanks! 
    Nicole Rowen would be much better. Edit: Use it as a middle name, I just saw your name is Nocole.  
  • Options
    Thanks but I disagree.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    n_finn said:
    Thanks but I disagree.
    Sorry, but Rowan is a boy's name:

"The name Rowan is a boy's name of Scottish, Irish origin meaning "little redhead". Rowan -- a strong surname and nature name (it's a tree with red berries)-- is deservedly growing in popularity."

If you post on the baby name board, you may get more responses.  
  • Options
    That’s nice that you looked up the male meaning of the name. We’ll be using the female version. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    n_finn said:
    That’s nice that you looked up the male meaning of the name. We’ll be using the female version. 
    Please tell me the female version?????  There is no female version, because it's a boys name!  Just because parents decide to slap a boys name on a girl, doesnt make it a girls name.  

Here are 4 sources that give almost identical meanings.  I would love to see the "female version":

More popular for boys than for girls, Rowan is the name of a mountain ash tree that produces white flowers and red berries (that explains “little redhead”). 

Rowan - Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity - The Bump

---------------------------------------------

The name Rowan is a boy's name of Scottish, Irish origin meaning "little redhead". Rowan -- a strong surname and nature name (it's a tree with red berries)-- is deservedly growing in popularity. ... Yet another increasingly popular spelling is Rowen.
    Nameberry › Rowan › boy

Rowan: Name Meaning, Popularity, and Similar Names - Nameberry

‐---------------------------------------------

Rowan is an Irish/ Scottish given name and surname. Variants of the name include "Roan", Ruadhán", and "Ruadh". The name comes from the Irish surname "Ó Ruadháin". It is also an Arabic feminine name referring to a river in Paradise.

Rowan (name) - Wikipedia

---------------------------------------------

ROWAN NAME MEANING in English
    Rowan is a Christian Boy name and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings. Rowan name meaning is Tree with red berries and the lucky number associated with is --.
    Hamariweb.com › english › boy
  • Options
    The only Rowen’s I know are boys. Maybe Rowena? Or I agree it could be a middle name for a girl.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Oh for cripes sake, it's a unisex name!

And Rowan Nicole has a nice ring to it
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23. How is it a "unisex" name when the definition is pure boy. Just because parents want to put a boys name on a girl doesnt make it unisex.  The OP said, "girl definition" how do you make a girl definition when there is none?  You can not rewrite the meaning of where a name is derived from. 

Would you name your son Lillian? Kathryn? Margaret?  No.  Same concept! 

Alexis, Ashley, were at one time guy names, but it's now on the wayside of the girls and not even considered for boys any more. 

• Options
    Not even considered for boys anymore? Yeah ok....

Also plenty of people name their daughter's Rowan so.... your argument is invalid as it is, in fact, a girl's name.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Please tell that to the two Rowen boys in my daughter's school 🤔
  • Options
    In my area SO MANY parents are naming their girls with traditionally "male" names like Cohen and Carter. I mean, you can do whatever you want, it's your kid, but I have a feeling that those girls will be forever repeating their name for people and dealing with employers assuming that they're male. I personally do my best to avoid any names that will cause grief for my child in the future. 

I guess I'd rather someone give a girl a "boy" name instead of giving them a made up name or speshul snoflayke spelling. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @harpseal135 let me rephrase - it is ALSO a girl's name.

@stassischroeder at work once I got an email from someone named Nikki but the spelling was so bizarre I had to sound it out like a child first learning to read. Every I was a Y and there was an H or 2 in the spelling too. I think the spelling may have been Nyhky. Just don't do that people. Don't make people struggle to figure it out.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I'm with @stassischroeder on this one. I'd rather see a girl named Rowan than some made-up BS. I actually think Rowan Nicole is cute op. 

At least you aren't this woman

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin That woman needs to slapped. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @chichiphin every time I see that picture I think it says Laklynn instead of Lakynn which does not roll off the tongue very easily.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    New- is there a link anyone can share to the baby name board? Can't find 🤷
  • Options
    @harpseal135 I have to admit that I thought of you when I started reading a new (fiction) book. Its set in the UK and the main character is a female named Rowan  :D

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20