Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 12/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: WTO Tuesday 12/10

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 30/20-something

CD: 35

WAYDTGKU: biopsy then FET

R/R: hoping for a much less ridiculous work day. Does anyone else have that where they just feel they have useless coworkers? Just me? 😑

CS/Q: nope
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - My coworkers work and my work doesn't overlap so I can't commiserate on that; but I've been dealing with really aggravating entitled residents and if I wasn't TTGP, I would 100% be finding another job. What do you do for work? I'm looking to change careers haha

Month/Cycle: 17

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: IVF - FET 

R/R: I started spotting yesterday (just light brown) and it's still happening today. I called my doctor yesterday because I'm on Estrace, which is supposed to be building my lining up for the FET. They didn't say it's normal, but they did say that they'd only be concerned if a got a full flow. It's stressing me out either way. 

CS/Q: Not temping anymore
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:19/14/4 AL#2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, and progesterone after O.

R/R: I’m still feeling good about our healthy changes...we started yesterday with working out after work and it felt great! I’m still bummed last cycle didn’t work out...but I’m ready to move forward with this cycle. I’m going to do my best to not get my hopes up though...just have an “it is what it is” attitude! 

CS/Q: None. 

@inthewoods23 I hope today is better and your coworkers magically decide to pull their own weight! That has to be so frustrating, but I hope they get a rude awakening at their next performance appraisal!

@feather_heather sorry the spotting is causing some anxiety...but hopefully it stops soon (or at least stays at that) and doesn’t progress to full flow. Sending positive vibes your way! 

• Options
    @bluetickgal how long did it take for AF to arrive for you after stopping the progesterone?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: opk, the sex

R/R: i didnt turn an opk positive yet. Kinda confused since I did last cycle. Its possible it would have turned on Saturday evening since I didnt test and I have a rapid onset surge. 

CS/Q: nope

@inthewoods23 most of my coworkers dont know what they are doing. 
    @feather_heather fx the spotting stops! 
    @bluetickgal fx the changes work for you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @kpearse99 - AF showed up 5 days after stopping crinone gel for me (20 days post ovulation/egg retrieval) 

@bluetickgal - Yayy! Glad working out made you feel so good yesterday!
  • Options
    @kpearse99 the first time it was Monday after taking the last dose Friday morning and this time it was the Monday after taking the last dose Saturday morning.
    @legendairymomma thanks! Are you pretty regular with cycle length? Hopefully you just missed the surge or it’s happening soon!
    @feather_heather thanks lady! 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal its only my 2nd month paying any attention so I have no clue if I am regular or not. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather I work as an engineer. We're like the tech support department whether that be troubleshooting help or helping them select a part number. Please help replace my coworkers coworkers lol although today so far EVERY call that has rang has been answered. It finally sank in 😐

@bluetickgal what are you guys doing for workouts?

@kpearse99 if you're talking the suppositories, it was usually day 3 without the progesterone that AF would start for me. So if today was the last day of taking progesterone, AF would arrive on Friday. And based on my charts it looks like I typically spotted the day before her arrival.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 , @feather_heather and @bluetickgal thanks ladies! Yesterday was my last day taking the Crinone Gel (vaginally via applicator). I guess I should expect her by Friday-ish!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @legendairymomma gotcha. Hopefully you get some clarity soon.
    @inthewoods23 we have an old elliptical and free weights, so try and alternate with those. We love to walk when the weather is nice, but that hasn’t been the case for a bit now. I think I we are going to start T25 in January...we did it a while ago and it was tough, but really good for us!
    @kpearse99 hopefully she shows soon! I’m wondering if she would have shown for me without stopping the progesterone since it was so soon after this time. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I definitely have some useless coworkers, but as a teacher I just don't have to see them or interact with them too often. I'm glad yours are stepping up today!

@feather_heather Ugh, sorry for the stressful spotting. FX it stops soon!

@bluetickgal So proud of you guys for working out! I find it such a difficult habit to form. Eating all the free goodies that are hanging around at work these days, though? A very easy habit to form. I'm the worst.

@legendairymomma If your cycles vary by even just a few days, O can vary too. I usually O anywhere from day 13 to day 18. Every body is different. Or maybe you did just miss the surge on Saturday. Keep up the sex!

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Temping, sleeping, yoga, meditation, vitamins, waiting, testing.

R/R: MH had his first visit with the urologist and trying to schedule his SA is a painnn in the butt. His dr ordered a "complete" SA, which apparently not every place does? LabCorp only does a "basic" SA, and the other place his dr recommended actually doesn't offer the complete SA. So we think we maybe found a place, but they're hard to get in touch with by phone (48909838904423 menu options but none of them lets you talk to a human). Grrr.

CS/Q: Nada.
  • Options
    *lurking* 

@ssbl coming from the slightly scarring experiences I had this fall trying to schedule MH's SA, I've learned that most regular labs just don't do it, we had to go to the hospital lab. Also, calling the nurse line at my OB-GYN was helpful for me because they have a provider call-in line to the lab that allows them to speak to a human. My favorite nurse took pity on me and called the lab for me. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @ssbl haha omg that was me calling trying to appeal the rejection for covering lupron. I call the number and that directs me back to my health insurance company (prescriptions are separate but pre-approval were through the health insurance company) and going through their menu took me back to the prescription insurance company. A whole big mess that I could never figure out after talking to people and having my clinic call the company so I said "f*ck it I'm paying OOP for the lupron". Looking back at some claims, my insurance only saved me $100 the first time when it was covered so it wasn't like I was missing out on huge savings.

I hate going through menus. I get that it keeps the calls organized but it's also hard to figure out what you need to actually select through all the menus!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    ssblssbl member
    edited December 2019
    @mvt2003 Thank you for the insight! If I don't have any luck soon I'll try going through my gyn.

@inthewoods23 Ugh, what a nightmare. I suspect they make it difficult on purpose.  :| The one time I actually thought I might get to speak with a homo sapiens the line just straight up disconnected. I literally LOLed from anger.

(ETA for additional tag)
  • Options
    @ssbl thanks lady! Haha, nah luckily there haven’t been too many goodies at work yet...but I do plan on trying to resist! We’ll definitely indulge during family celebrations though! I’m not passing up on all that yummy food & homemade candy! ☺️ Ugh, so sorry it’s been such a pain trying to schedule YH’s SA! I hate when you can’t talk to an actual human when that’s what you really need! I hope you can get it scheduled soon!