Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in w/o 12/9

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured?

Re: Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in w/o 12/9

• Options
    So after my ultrasound today I officially come here now. 
    EDD/weeks+days: July 22, 7+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: had mine today and heart rate was 146. So happy 

How are you feeling? Nauseated. Dizzy. Wishing for second trimester. 

Raves/Rants: rave about my husband who caters to me being a big baby. 

Questions: none yet 

fell over a firepit and broke my foot. 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2019
    @beckylookatherbump yay welcome! I feel like we have the least chatty group so I’m glad to add another :) 

EDD/weeks+days: 7/17, 8+3 

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear 

Upcoming appointments: next ultrasound is on 12/20

How are you feeling? Totally fine! My stomach died after hibachi last night but I don’t know if that was from this or contamination or something. 

Raves/Rants: we had a gas leak over the weekend and the plumber was just here fixing our valves. It was expensive to replace them all but I guess it’s worth it for peace of mind when there will be a baby in the house next year. Damn old houses!!!! 

Questions: none at this time

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? I’ve had a wrist injury for over a year now from messing around doing handstands (and falling). Also when I was like 5, I ran into one of the Dumbo ears on the ride at Disney world because I wanted a pink dumbo so bad that I apparently wasn’t seeing anything else. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 8+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: undecided

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 17th for another u/s (low progesterone and a bleed)

How are you feeling? Nausea officially hit yesterday. Feeling all bleh

Raves/Rants: just hating the nausea.

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? Hmmm... probably when I fell off a couch and broke my finger

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 19, 8+1 (2? Can't remember)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: call with a nurse for extensive medical history 12/16

How are you feeling? Not awesome today- took a sick day today. Nothing in particular is wrong, but I've got a weird combo of nausea, lower GI stuff, and a cold, just felt better resting. I've slept for like 6 hours today! 

Raves/Rants: rave: we told DH family that we're expecting this weekend, so now immediate family on both sides knows. I've been dying to talk to my SIL about pregnancy (she has a 14 mo DS). Evetyobe was really happy and supportive, though they all claimed to "know" because we had brunch a few weeks ago and I didn't get a drink (only 1/6 of us did, but for me it was suspicious 🙄) which leads me to my rant: since they all guessed before we shared the news, it went from celebration to commentary REALLY fast. My FIL in particular insisted on repeatedly bringing up a song by a musical comedy troupe called "pregnant women are smug" which was mildly funny the first time he brought it up, less so each subsequent time, and least of all when he played it on his phone over dinner. It's our first, and the journey here wasn't as smooth as they realize (though I've tried to share), and it was more than a little time deaf on his part....sigh.

Questions: does anyone know if Pepto bismol is okay to have? I checked that it's aspirin and ibuprofen free.

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? I love this question. We had a raucous conversation about this over Thanksgiving, lots of laughs we're had. For me, it's the summer I interned in Boston City Hall. They have these big brick stairs in the lobby and I was walking up them and kicked the crap out of one of the steps, completely smashing my big toe. I fell, but impressively managed not to drop or spill my Dunkin iced coffee! It was my last week of the internship, I had taken those stairs every day for the previous three months.. 🤦

@beckylookatherbump welcome! I was also a late add after my first US. Shout out to your husband! Mine is being incredibly helpful too and I cried the other day telling him how much I appreciate his "acts of service" lately lol

@b_1029 I just burst out laughing at your Dumbo story. Too funny! That's really scary about the gas leak - is everything okay now?

@crystalmir91385 I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2019
    @mehugg ugh sorry you’re not feeling well. Hope it passes soon and all the rest helps. The leak is supposedly fixed but I’ve been waiting for the utility company to come and turn the gas back on for....6 hours now? They wouldn’t give a timeframe and also said they wouldn’t call in advance or call me when they got here it I was out of the house so I’m just sitting here kinda cold haha. 

Eta that is really annoying about your family, especially your FIL. Wtf?
  • Options
    @mehugg hope these help

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @b_1029 I’m sure people are just waiting till they were sure baby was sticking to get involved. I’ve been scared to interact too much till I saw a heartbeat. Also we are going to Disney next week and I feel like that’s gonna be me lol. 
    @crystalmir91385 it sucks to have to replace it but better now then with a newborn at home. Sorry the nausea hit but hopefully it’s short lived. 
    @mehugg yeah he’s been so great. He makes me breakfast every morning so I can eat before I get out of bed to help with the nausea. It’s the cutest. He also keeps asking for belly time where he just lays and talks to our potato looking baby lol. Also I just looked up pepto through my medical resources the active ingredients undergo conversion in your body creating enough salicylate to be equal to aspirin so it’s not recommended in pregnancy. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  July 18, 8 weeks 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out though I've done Team Green before and it's a lot of fun too 

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 23 is my next one though I'm hoping to go next week to get my NIPT blood work done. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to find out the info by my appointment on the 23rd.

How are you feeling? Ok. I get waves of hunger now that seem insatiable. I've gained around 5lbs (it fluctuates a little). I'm hoping this stuff calms down soon 

Raves/Rants:  I don't have any major complaints except for the fact that it's 4:30 but looks like it's midnight outside. I can't stand winter months. 

Questions: Nothing much to ask too. I'm boring this week lol 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? I really can't think of anything though I know I've gotten hurt in dumb ways before. Might ask my husband when he is home later and update. I have a feeling he might remember better than me.
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 I think we are due date buddies, I'm also 8 weeks 2 days today. 
  • Options
    @beckylookatherbump fair enough! I guess I meant more that we seem to have the least amount of people but I’m sure more will join as time goes on. Please don’t make the same mistake I did at Disney lol! So fun that you’re going! 

@crystalmir91385 sorry for the nausea hitting. Hope you find something that gives you relief!

@enchantindragon ugh agreed on winter! I feel like it should be 9 pm and it’s only 6! Hopefully you’re able to get NIPT done next week! 
  • Options
    I haven't been nearly as active/ chatty as I would like.  I would probably be on more if the app didn't suck so much. 

EDD/weeks+days: 7/24; 7+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out.  blood work is scheduled for Jan 9

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow morning is our follow up ultrasound since the first showed a lower heart rate than they like.  I'm really nervous but feeling hopeful since baby has had a full week to grow and strengthen.  I really want to buy DS a Big Brother shirt for Christmas but I have put it off just in case.  I just wish I was feeling more confident and hopefully everything will look better tomorrow. 

How are you feeling? I may hurl.  I need to eat a little more breakfast maybe because I feel so sick right now.  At night I am exhausted.  Last night we put DS down at 7 and by 7:30 I was falling asleep on the couch.  

Raves/Rants: My boss (actually boss's boss) at work is irritating me.  She's very unorganized and was scheduling me for conflicting meetings yesterday.  She also asked me to do a call at 1pm and then said 'oh by the way, it's Arizona time (not a thing.  its called MST) so call at 3pm.  I'm not available at 3 because you scheduled me for something else.  Annoying.  Rant over. 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured?  I  couldn't decide what dumb injury to use.  I'll go with the time I was looking for my keys in my bag and walked directly into a light post giving me a huge goose egg on my cheekbone and eventually a black eye.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    I don’t know how any of y’all can do them green/down it before. I pretty much wanted to know what the gender was the moment we conceived this baby lol. I have 0 patience. Not judging others more impressed with your ability to withstand not knowing. 
    @laurad75 I hope your appointment tomorrow goes great and you can feel some relief. I legit cried when mine turned out ok lol. My husband just laughed while I sobbed like a crazy person lol. 
  • Options
    @mehugg we have the same due date! 

@beckylookatherbump I am also feeling the same and wishing for second trimester, although I’m nervous that me feeling this way will last the entire time. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t! 

EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 8w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry, and can fit on a dime right now

Upcoming appointments: next one is my full physical/OB (Dec 30th) which will include the examination of my entire body and I will get to actually hear the heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? Waves of nausea, but got put on Bonjenta so feeling better than I have, still have bad times though. Also, still can’t eat anything but bagels and cream cheese, cereal, apples, perfect bars. I did add grapes to the mix today. Dyyyyingggg. I’m also dizzy. 

Raves/Rants: The constipation! I feel like I’m just full of it.. 💩  lol

Questions: none. 

My boyfriend (now husband) invited me over to his house in college and of course lived with a bunch of guys. We were in his room, probably making out, and his roommates put their house mannequin (loooong story!) up against the door thinking that he would come out of his room, however, it was me that came out first. It fell on top of me and I got the biggest FAT LIP ever.. black and blue to add. They felt so bad!
  • Options
    @beckylookatherbump Its just that life has so few nice surprises and it's motivation to get through labor and birth too. Its not that you will never know it's just a little further down the road. With that said even though I have done it before this one I'm dying to know. Partially I think it's because we have to room shuffle my younger two so I want to know what to do with the new room for the baby asap and also because since this was a surprise and I'm a little shocked I feel it will help me bond faster. Had things been more concrete I probably wouldn't be in such a rush to know again.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/23, 7w5d

Upcoming appointments: next US with my RE on 12/17; first OB visit 1/8

How are you feeling? not terrible, haha. so tired. nausea is pretty bad, and major food aversions. thirsty all the time. i threw up in a public bathroom for the first time in my life over the weekend, so that was fun haha.

Raves/Rants: 
    Raves - my birthday was yesterday and DH spoiled me so well. he made me the cutest cake and bought me dinner and a cricut! we also got to have an US and LO is growing so well!! baby is at 1.34cm and had a good heartbeat of 164. 

Questions: is anyone having meat aversions? what do you do to get enough protein? has anyone found anything that helps them not stress about baby too much? since we have dealt with IF and we are still in the first trimester, i get so nervous sometimes. 

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured? i was playing just dance on the wii and my hand hit the hand of the girl dancing next to me and i fractured my finger hahahaha. im so hardcore. 

@b_1029 haha your dumbo story is epic. also, im glad you had the gas leak fixed! those are so annoying, we had one the week of thanksgiving so i can relate!

@beckylookatherbump yay for your awesome husband you takes care of you!

@mehugg ugh i am so sorry about your family! it is really hard to have them act like that. i hope they can go back to just celebrating with you instead of the teasing and commentary! also, pepto bismol is on my DO NOT TAKE list.

@laurad75 FX for your US tomorrow! hopefully itll look better and give you some more peace of mind. and im sorry about the annoying boss! people being super unorganized and having that affect me is one of my biggest pet peeves haha.

@shaqn0sis how is the Bonjesta working for you? were you able to find it at a cheap rate? i got a RX for it yesterday but am worried about the cost.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  New EDD based on ultrasound is 7/20! 7w + 4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments: Blueberry

How are you feeling?: Frequent headache and acid reflux are killing me.

Raves/Rants: I can eat again! The downside is my acid reflux is through the roof and tums don't work!

Questions: Does anyone else have terrible acid reflux? What do you do/take for it?

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured?: Today at work I sliced my finger open on a plastic wrap box. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    shaqn0sisshaqn0sis member
    edited December 2019
    @knockupthestock it’s working pretty well. I’m still nauseous but it’s not an all day thing. Only thing is I’m very dizzy with it but honestly I’m terrified of throwing up and being nauseous so I’ll take it. I’ve actually been able to eat real food since being on it. I received samples from my Dr. however, I will be getting an RX. I saw on Bonjesta’s website they have prescription savings (coupons, etc). I also have meat aversions, however I am a vegetarian but I’m even having aversions to my meat alternatives. Only protein I’m currently getting is from cereal and peanut butter Perfect Bars 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @knockupthestock Happy birthday! Glad it was a good day
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Upcoming appointments: Today! First appointment is today. I could hardly sleep last night. 

How are you feeling?: Like Jekyll and Hyde. One minute I am great and can do anything , and then the next I am ready to accept death.

Raves/Rants: My DH is in grad school and this is his worst week. I asked if he could make it to the appointment today and without hesitation said yes! I am sure that might seem like a duh answer to give your pregnant wife, but if you’ve ever had a spouse in grad school you know their brain turns to mush.

Questions: I am looking for a fun way but to tell our kids about the pregnancy (two girls 9 and 3). I could do almost anything with the 9 year old and she would “get it” right away, but I’d love to come up with something so the 3yo could put it together herself. I’ve been racking my brain, but I just don’t think at 3 it’s possible.

GTKY: What’s the dumbest way you've been injured?: I could write an epic novel about dramatic childhood injuries. I was the worst. As an adult I’ve fairly got it together. Last January, my uncle passed away and we were gutting his house (legit no changes since 1952). We brought zero tools bc he had a lot there. I needed a sharp object to cut the carpet into manageable pieces and my, unfortunate, best option was a rusty utility knife. Of course I stabbed myself in the knee. I couldn’t see what was going on, and there were no interior doors at this point, so I had to pull down my pants in way too close proximity to my two brothers to examine the situation. I got 5 stitches, tetanus shot, and antibiotics.
  • Options
    @crystalmir91385 and @knockupthestock thanks for the tip! RIP Pepto....it was my preferred nausea/stomach stuff soother before pregnancy. oh well.

@shaqn0sis due date twins yay!! Also your injury story has me laughing a lot - sounds like something my husband's friends would have gotten into in college too lol

@knockupthestock happy birthday! Glad YH made it so special :) I'm having a weird thing when it's not mealtime I really want meat (right now I'm thinking about some steak we have in the fridge, for example). But when it comes time to cook/eat, my stomach starts doing flips and half the time I end up eating corn flakes lol. I'm trying to eat almonds & pistachios, peanut butter, and eggs to get protein.

@laurad75 thinking of you - hope your appointment went well yesterday

@misskdreams so exciting! Good luck today!
  • Options
    Hi all.  Thank you for the nice messages.  My ultrasound today went well and everything looks fine but we did get a surprise.  It's twins which is apparently why the heart rate was measuring low (not sure I understood that but I was getting a lot of information).  I'm freaking out right now.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 omg twins! Congratulations! I’m sure you have a lot of conflicting feelings going on right now 
  • Options
    @laurad75 holy moly! That is a lot to process! Happy to hear all looks well!
  • Options
    misskdreamsmisskdreams member
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    @b_1029 A lot of feelings.  H is not processing the news well right now but he will come around.  It's just a lot digest.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @knockupthestock I meant to answer your question the other day in terms of not worrying about the baby! Well I guess it’s not really an answer but I wanted to let you know I’m feeling the exact same way after IF. I’m still in disbelief this is happening so every twinge or lack thereof I’ve been freaking out. I try to just let myself dwell on it for a few minutes and then move on. If you figure out how to be less anxious, help a sister out! 😅
  • Options
    @laurad75 Omg congratulations!! That's amazing news!
  • Options
    Y'all I've worked from home the past 3 days and I've simultaneously been going stir crazy and also appreciating sitting on my couch in comfy clothes and not commuting. Today my boss and I are visiting four schools before noon.....pray for me 🤢😴
  • Options
    @mehugg What do you do? Visiting schools sounds fun but then again I don't know what that entails too.
  • Options
    I work for an education non-profit and it was fun! I don't get into schools as much as I wish I did, 4 in 3 hours was just a lot of activity in a short amount of time at my current energy/nausea level haha. With the help of a granola bar I survived!
  • Options
    @mehugg Oh Im sure the energy level is an issue for sure.  I have issues daily with just being at home with my kids let alone working so I feel you.  Also granola bars are great!