January 2020 Moms
Options

December Check In

Hey All! 

I wanted to create a spot where folks could check-in without having to join the 'private group' that was started by the others. Comment or lurk as you see fit! 
Days left until due date: 

How are you feeling: 

Upcoming appointments: 

Raves/Rants: 

Anything else: 

Re: December Check In

• Options
    Days left until due date: T-MINUS 38 DAYS!!! I can't believe it!! 

How are you feeling: Really good, although prego acne is back with a vengeance and I have some kind of painful welt on the side of my eye... ?? No idea what that could be. 

Upcoming appointments: I just had my 34-week growth scan last Friday. She was in the 90th percentile at the 20-week scan, but she is down to the 85th percentile now, so no talk of early induction. She's already 6lbs though! 

Raves/Rants: Rave, I feel like we finally have everything ready! The only thing I still want to do before she comes is some freezer food prep.

Anything else: I'm super grateful we get the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve off at my office. It will be so nice to have some downtime before the baby comes. 
  • Options
    Days left until due date: 45 days

How are you feeling:  feeling huge, can't get around as easily, but okay over all

Upcoming appointments: Today!  

Raves/Rants: I still haven't found  a sub for my maternity leave.  I'm slightly freaking out but life will go on. Mostly just worried about my students and the disaster the room might be in when I return.

Anything else?   I'm So exctied for winter break.  We get 2 weeks off this year and I'm planning on using that time to make sure the boys room is ready!  Grateful to have that time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @manders9479 you have to find your own sub? That seems crazy!
  • Options
    @biolprof  Because I'm a specials teacher my principal didn't feel comfortable finding my replacement and I appreciate the fact that he trust me to screen and interview applicants but I'm still teaching full time and it's exhausting.  Really shouldn't be my job to do this, but here we are.
  • Options
    @manders9479 that sounds so tough! Good luck!
  • Options
    Days left until due date: 23!! (Jan 3rd)

How are you feeling:  uncomfortable.. been battling pretty andbad carpal tunnel and  started to have reflux that makes me feel quite gross.

Upcoming appointments: strangely my doctor didn't want to see me this week, so next appointment is the 19th

Raves/Rants: So happy last week's ultrasound went well! She is 55 percentile at 6 ish lbs. And head down! 
    Rant.... Doctor all of a sudden suggests we do a sweep at 38 and 39 weeks. DH and I looked up the info on that and decided against it. Really want to let the baby decide when she's ready to come out, unless there is really a pressing medical reason to. Yes I am 37 yo, but all else this pregnancy has been normal.

Anything else: I have so much to do before the holidays and before baby I hope I'm not early!
  • Options
    schreibabyschreibaby member
    edited December 2019
    @manders9479 I feel huge too! I've got the "outie" belly button going on now, which MH says means the 'turkey's done' haha.  It's so great you get 2 weeks off, enjoy! 

@limes030 Happy your baby is in a good position and healthy. You are in the home stretch! 

I realized I'll be in the 9th month next week. I can't believe how close it is! 

• Options
    @manders9479 that is ridiculous. I'm a hs teacher, and the only ELL teacher in our building. I was told repeatedly by my union that it was my dept chair's job to find my replacement, even though I have a specialization. I helped with reading resumes but, ultimately, it is admin's responsibility.

Days left: 41?! (Jan 24)

How are you feeling: uncomfortable and big but really excited

Upcoming appointment: Thursday for 34 week

Rants/races: I am pretty exhausted since the school semester is winding down. I am getting all my grades in and finalizing my exams. But getting everything ready for my maternity sub is stressing me out. I am really looking forward to winter break! DH and I decided to cancel our travel to his parents' house. I feel bad about it but super relieved we aren't driving hours away!
  • Options
    Woot! One month till my due date!! 

I'm going a little crazy with anticipation... soooo over being pregnant sometimes.... BUT, I'm trying to remind myself how long it took to get here, and that who knows, I might never get to experience this again! Hope all you other mamas are doing well!

On a scale of 1-10 (1=completely terrified; 10=totally ready to DO THIS) how prepared do you feel for labor and delivery?? 

I think I'm about a 9, haha!  
  • Options
    @schreibaby one month woot! I'm definitely ready for the baby to be born just because I'm uncomfortable but not because I feel ready. I'm probably about a 5 on your scale lol!
  • Options
    Days left until due date: 37w +0d, 21 days until due date

How are you feeling: TIRED!  

Upcoming appointments: Today for GBS testing and dilation check (definitely not dilated)

Raves/Rants: I am so tired at work now, and I hate that my brain doesn't work at 100%.  I recently came off a rotation that was 70 hours a week and I definitely was feeling it.  Everyone has been really supportive though.  AND we finished the nursery!  I am SO happy to have it done and ready.  

Anything else: The swelling in my hands is one of the biggest surprises, I guess not that it happened but that they HURT.
  • Options
    @vans42 We are due date twins! Also appt twins (I had my GBS test on Friday). I've been having the hand swelling too. It started just at night a couple weeks back, now it's pretty much all the time. It hurt to bend my fingers and I can't really snap anymore. How much longer do you have at work? Seventy hour weeks would be exhausting. I only have 2 more full weeks before maternity leave starts, but the final week is 60+ hours with four 12 hour shifts. Not looking forward to that.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Days left until due date: 8 (Jan 7) but baby will be here on Jan 2 with a scheduled c section

How are you feeling: Very tired, uncomfortable, swollen and impatient. Can't wait to have our baby girl here with us.

Upcoming appointments: For now just the c section on the 2nd 🤗

Raves/Rants: I'm just glad that I made it through the holidays and was able to stand long enough to make all of the sweets that I wanted to give to family for Christmas lol

Anything else: The next 3 days will probably be the longest days of my life!!
  • Options
    @noranorabobora and @vans42 I have the hand and ankle/foot swelling now as well. I thought since I made it this far it without major swelling it wouldn't happen, but lo and behold, it seemed to come on overnight. Oh well! 

@firsttimemamabear9 Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous that you know exactly when she's coming, haha. Congrats and I hope everything goes super smoothly for you! 

Days left until due date: 18

How are you feeling: Good, ready to birth this baby! 

Upcoming appointments: today for 38-week check-up

Raves/Rants: The holidays were great, I'm feeling good! 

Anything else: Nope! 
  • Options
    @firsttimemamabeare congrats so close!

@schreibaby the swelling just hit me too at 36 weeks but mostly just in the hands. Good luck you could be any time as well!