Infertility
Options

December 2019 IVF

Hi there!  Is anybody else doing an IVF cycle this month?  
This will be my 4th IVF cycle this year.  I’m a decent responder but egg quality is low due to my age (44).  My RE changed my protocol this time, so fingers crossed that this works.  This time around, I’m on Lupron (20 units; 2x/day), Gonal-F (150 units), Menopur (150 units), omnitrope (33 units every other day), doxycycline and dexamethasone.  I don’t mind the shots but something is giving me terrible migraines!  Has anybody else had this with a similar protocol?  I’ve never taken Lupron or Gonal-F before, so I’m thinking it may be because of one of them.  Either way, I’m really hoping that side effect stops soon because it’s by far the worst part of this cycle.  
I just went in for my Day 3 ultrasound and the RE could see ~9 follicles.  The ER should happen around Dec 16th or 17th.  
If anybody else is doing IVF this month, I’d love to share the journey with you...

Re: December 2019 IVF

• Options
    Not going through IVF this month but wanted to wish you the best of luck, @late_bloomer
  • Options
    @31magnolia - thanks for the support.  I just went in for my day 6 appointment and they only saw 2 follicles so I’m not sure if I’m doing an ER this month after all. ☹️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @late_bloomer don’t lose faith. I just finished a third ivf protocol in November and this one was changed similar to yours. Early on they didn’t see much and then after day 8, they pushed me to day 12, and we had many more follicles growing towards 18mm. The result was the best of mature eggs we have had in three cycles. Keep taking those meds and injections and try to relax in between. Day 6 may be too early, how many days of medication do you have in your protocol?
  • Options
    @itsbriemiller - thank you for that!  I will see my RE for another progress check tomorrow and I have continued on the meds (although somewhat reluctantly).  I hope my experience will be like yours.  They originally planned on 10 days of meds but they were talking about pushing that to 12.  I’ll find out more tomorrow but now I have more hope for that appointment.
  • Options
    I just went to my Day 8 appointment and things look a lot better.  RE thinks I might need to stim for 11 days but he thinks I might get 9 eggs this time.  I somehow went from 2 follicles to >9 in 2 days. This process is such a roller coaster! 
  • Options
    I’m so happy to hear this. It’s such a fine line on how much to stim. I wanted to add that while we didn’t get as many eggs as we have in the last, it was that all were mature and all fertilized in our cycle so that, to me, was amazing. Keep us posted, I’d love to hear how things work out and I am pulling for you, @late_bloomer
  • Options
    @itsbriemiller - thank you!  Just went to Day 13 (!) appointment and they finally want me to trigger tonight for a Wednesday ER.  The RE thinks we should get approximately the same amount as last cycle (11 eggs).  I’ll let you know how it goes on Wednesday.
  • Options
    I had my ER today and we got 14 eggs.  Yay!  RE will call me tomorrow with an update on how many were mature and fertilized.  I’m really hoping the 4th time’s the charm.  
  • Options
    @late_bloomer this is excellent news!! I’m hoping you get amazing fertilization report. Are you doing. A fresh or frozen transfer? Best wishes, will
    be eager to hear how things go for you 
  • Options
    @itsbriemiller - thank you.  I just heard from my RE that 13 fertilized!  I’m planning on taking a month off and doing a FET.  Did I read right on the FET post that you’re pregnant?  If so, congratulations!  It’s inspiring to hear good news like that.
  • Options
    late_bloomer that is amazing! are you planning to do PGS testing for any of those? I assume you can do first FET starting the very next cycle? so exciting!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Options
    @FuzzyDust - thank you!  I’m going to see how many progress before I commit to PGS.  Hopefully we have enough make it to Day 5 for PGS to make sense.  The last couple cycles I’ve done PGS testing on the 3 or 4 embryos that made it and none were normal.  I’m not sure I would test this time if we only had ~3.  
    In terms of the FET, I’m thinking I will wait a month or maybe two.  I need a mental break. 
    Have you done your FET yet?  
  • Options
    @late_bloomer, good luck with the embryos growing, hoping lots mill make it to blast! 🤞🏼 Makes sense about the testing.

my FET is today, our last normal embryo. Lots of hope for it to stick.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Options
    @FuzzyDust - sending sticky thoughts your way.  Good luck!
  • Options
    @late_bloomer thank you! We have 6 week ultrasound this week 🙏🏼 Hoping all is well then
  • Options
    itsbriemilleritsbriemiller member
    edited December 2019
    @late_bloomer we did a fresh transfer this time but have 4 we are
    pgs testing. Never tried it, all prior were pgs tested and normal frozen transfer, and none worked out. Hoping you get some amazing results from those 13! Keep us posted