August 2020 Moms
Options

The Ultrasound Thread

12346»

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love seeing everyone's ultrasound pics!  It's just amazing that they can capture such distinct features.  The imaging is just incredible.  I did have a question (and it's probably a dumb one, but...), as a FTM... my husband and I are "team green" and are hoping to wait until birth to find out the sex.  I have my anatomy scan on 4/8... will I be able to view the imaging without being able to tell the sex or is it pretty obvious to even an untrained eye? I plan to tell the tech and my doctor our wishes, and I'm hopeful that they'll just be able to manipulate the imaging to disguise the sex organs, but I was just curious how this actually works. I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to see the baby!
  • Options
    whl1013 I believe they will tell you to close your eyes or look away when they get to that section. In my experience they spend time at every single section and then move on to the next. And they, or at least for me, ask if we know the sex already and/or if we want to know the sex. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    charhar0820charhar0820 member
    edited March 2020
    @whl1013 I’m team green as well and had my anatomy scan 2 weeks ago. I never see the screen while the tech is doing her measurements. When it’s our turn to see baby, She’ll let me go to the bathroom then we call my husband in. At the A/S, I told her we didn’t want to know the gender. As @blackgirlmagic said, my tech also showed us individual areas of the baby at a time so we didn’t see anything in the potty area. 
  • Options
    @whl1013 Definitely let the ultrasound tech know you don’t want to know the sex. It’s pretty common. It won’t be a problem, they’ll just tell you when to look away. We’re doing the same thing. It’s also not so easy to tell with an untrained eye. For my first two DDs I wanted to know the sex so I studied the screen intently and couldn’t tell a thing! My DH and I didn’t even notice the tech check for the sex at our scan with DD2, that’s how fast she did it! 
    Also, make sure to remind your dr/OB/midwife at your next appointment, that you don’t want to know the sex. They’ll likely go over the ultrasound results with you, and you don’t want them blurting out the sex (since the tech usually records it on the report). 
  • Options
    @RedBaramid I feel you sista!! He didn’t cooperate till this last one. Lol
  • Options
    @RedBaramid She's beautiful!! 😍
  • Options
    sarahlavashasarahlavasha Newbie
    edited April 2020
    **Removed for TOU Violation**