December Appointments

Married: August 2012
TTC #1: July 2015
BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
TTC #2: September 2019

Re: December Appointments

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildrainbow my first apt at 5+3 is also Monday 12/23 ahould I not expect to see the heartbeat then yet?  Since it's before 6w?
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I've had a lot of early u/s starting at 4 weeks. I've never seen a hb before 6w2d. Usually, all you will see at a 5w u/s will be the yolks sac and gestational sac. The heart usually isn't visible until 5+6 and actual beating etc that you can see at 6w. 
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I sorta figured.  @wildrainbow not sure if we will see my out of state family or not, and I know it's early, but it's going to be hard not to want to tell them in person, bc if not now, when?  It wouldn't be till February by mail. :/ idk. Seeing the heartbeat would obv be more reassuring.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow @blackgirlmagic yeah, I want to . I just wish there was a way to tell my two aunt's and DDs Godparents, maybe my brother - discreetly.  As my parents have both passed on.  I would like to quietly tell SIL and MIL as well, but wait to tell FIL and SMIL, and then announce by mail to the extended family later. It just might be tough to find a good moment depending how many people are around... :/. But I agree if there's a. Way to tell the most immediate (and least blabby) first - that's what I'd like to do.
  • Options
    @mommaofsoontobe3, @tanhabanana appointment triplets...my first is also on the 31st!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @blackgirlmagic My conformation appointment was the 11th but I had to comment on that meme! I LOVE it! I LOVED that show!!!
  • Options
    I just booked my appt for Jan 6th to get US and bloodwork to see if there is anything I can pass to the baby and also to see how my body is handling the pregnancy.  Then I have another appt on Jan 16th with the Dr. to review my results and have another US.  Anyone else doing back to back appts?  Not sure why they do it this way.  I'll be exactly 8 week on the second appt and will want to have the NIPT done as soon as possible... so then I'm going back again two weeks later?  I'm not complaining bc anytime I can see get in and make sure everything is progressing as it should is exciting to me.... just not sure how I'm going to explain all my time out of the office...
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 when I had my daughter three years ago I believe I had an appointment around 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and then again around 12ish weeks for NT screening. My timing could be off slight. This time around I'm not getting seen till 8 weeks, but my appointment will be at 9 weeks because of the holiday, I'm assuming I'll see the baby again for the NT, the AS, and then I won't see baby again until around 36 weeks to check for positioning. But I'm going to go to an ultrasound place to see baby in between the 20 and 36 weeks like I did before. 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, that sounds about right @ziggymama06 I'm going in to see the RE 12/23, and then again 1/2, and 1/8, and then first MW appointment is 1/15!  It's a lot in the beginning, then it tapers off, then it ramps up again as you get closer to delivery.

Some people do end up telling work earlier than they otherwise might have because of it.  Luckily, my first one falls on vacation, and two of the four either fell on, or I was able to schedule it for my anticipated day off.  There's only one that falls early AM before I'm scheduled to come in, so hopefully I make it on time still, but I just said my doctor called me with a cancellation so I had to take it. 🤷 She reviewed the schedule so she's prepared if I'm running behind, and she said it was cool.  Fx you're able to find times that aren't too disruptive as to cause suspicion!  :#
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Thanks girl.  Wow, lots of appointments in the beginning.  Glad your appt times seems to be working out!!  I took a half day for my first one as I want hubs to come with.  My doctor is closer to my house and about 45 mins from work, which stinks.  I'm leaving work early for my second one, which is fine.  Depending on the available times, I may need to tell my boss sooner than I'd like.  He's a really genuinely nice person, so I'm not anticipating any issues.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 is there a reason why you would have to be specific about your medical appointments to your boss? I feel like that's an intrusive question for them to ask the reasoning for your appointments. I don't give reasons for my appointments especially if my work performance is not being affected. 

• Options
    @blackgirlmagicGood point... No, I don't need to give specifics, but if I book enough appts, my boss may check in to ask if everything is okay... Just a feeling I have, bc he's a nice guy.  He wouldn't flat out ask me what's going on, but more out of concern for my well-being if anything.  All just speculation lol
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 @blackgirlmagic I have an issue around this in my office.  My coworker has been totally open about seeing the re and what all her appointments entail, so of course they ASKED how the IUI went and she told them!  Lol. They do not know what the nature of my appointments are and I have made it clear I don't wish to discuss it.  My boss is totally cool, doesn't ask, makes it clear she is not asking, but just wants to make sure everything is ok.  My other AM kept saying all this, I'm here if you ever want to talk about it, you can trust me and on and on and I think the boss may have said something to her cos I actually SAID!  It feels like coworker is getting special treatment from her because she IS telling everyone what's going on, and I shouldn't have to feel that way.  There was maybe a mini blow up, but it hasn't been an issue since! 😉
  • Options
    @emiliadkay me. I am that awkward person 😂 my husband asks me what happens that I go from normal to spaz on the phone. In any situation. It’s so bad. 
  • Options
    I didn't feel that it was awkward at all. I just said, "I'm expecting again and want to have this baby there, too." And they said ok. 

My appointment went ... fine. Drew blood and all that. But didn't hear the heartbeat. Which they do always say up front not to worry if they can't at this stage because the baby can just be too small. I'm not worried, but it is just a little annoying. It's always nice to be able to hear it!
  • Options
    @emiliadkay yessss... I called. “Ooo, ready for your yearly?” “No... well it might be time but that’s not the reason why I’m calling.” 5 painful seconds of silence. “I just got a positive... well a few positive pregnancy tests.” 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ziggymama06ziggymama06 member
    edited December 2019
    @BusinessWife Ugh, sorry you are going through that at work and they are treating your coworker differently.  Hope this stays resolved!!  You are absolutely right that you shouldn't have to feel that way... good for you speaking up!  🤗 

@emiliadkay Hahaha this made me laugh.  I called before the office opened and left a message saying that I got a very faint positive and was hoping they could confirm... bc what do I know? Lol... when they called back to schedule I asked her to explain what happens at each appt again... I was too nervous/anxious to actually hear anything she said the first time 🤣

Also, when asked my LMP the woman said "is that correct bc you didn't even miss your period yet?"  Umm yes thank you... I just test 5 days before it's due, is that not normal??!  🤦‍♀️😂

ETA the also note...
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    My doctor’s office staff acts so suspicious when I’ve called to book appointments or get my levels tested. They even asked me “are you pregnant?” when I asked for an HCG test. Like, yes...why do you think I’m calling??
  • Options
    @faith_2911 ..that happened. Hahaha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy Even after shaking my head at myself, I still don't know the right way to say it, so don't worry! My husband hates talking on the phone, so I'll usually do it. But he likes to wander in the background for nonverbal support (and probably also to watch the awkwardness unfold from a distance and confirm for himself that phone calls are the worst).
    Today I called customer support because our vacuum is broken and ended up having to answer some really out of the blue questions, like "How far away is X city from where you live?" and "Do you use the vacuum exclusively on its highest setting?" (who does that???) ((but also, theoretically, if someone were to do that, it should still function...))
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • Options
    @wildrainbow Awesome! That's what we like to hear!
  • Options
    Ah! That's amazing! @wildrainbow that is so great to hear it just starting, and so strong, so early!  For me, 6+6 feels like forever away too, but I know it will fly by.  Then I graduate from the RE at 7+5 so i think that makes sense that they would want to check in on you at 6 and again at 8ish weeks.

It's going to be so weird because my first midwife apt is the following week at 8+5, and then I'm sure there won't be another one for.... A while?  I don't remember exactly, but I do remember it feeling like a shock to just be floating for what felt like weeks at a time after being so accustomed to such frequent visits.  The reassurance always feels good! ❤️