April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/2

What's going on this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/2

• Got got back yesterday from Disney World. We went with my parents and my brother and his family. Fortunately, the family drama was minimal even though we all have different travel goals and styles. DS and my brother’s kids had so much fun. There are more fun rides than I thought that were safe to ride. No rollercoasters or anything, but the kiddy rides have some great stuff to look at and the shows were awesome. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • My ILs came over on Friday with an inflatable Christmas lawn thing for us and the statement "it's for the kids and we don't care if you don't like it".  It's Olaf, and it's 11ft tall.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 So glad you were able to have a good time! 

@KFrob I would be like, well it's not your house and the kids don't pay rent yet 🤷

My random is more of a tiny MBF. DS's second birthday is coming up so DH's family is sending him cards. DS has a hyphenated last name, and on the cards and checks and anything that includes his last name, DH's family ALWAYS skips my part of the hypenation. They just use DH's last name. But it's not my son's name and it really bothers me. And they know it's hyphenated because my MIL has spoken about her dislike of hyphenated names. 😤 

One the bright side we got to play in the snow today!
  • @babybison That’s annoying. You need to respect the wishes of the parents who chose how they wanted the kid’s last name written. Like, you named your kids, let me name mine. I have the opposite issue sometimes. I chose to hyphenate my name, but not the kids. I’ve had a few people send us stuff with DS’s name with a hyphen. I appreciate them trying to be inclusive or understanding, but it’s not his name, so it bothers me. 

@KFrob I’d ask them to send me a check for the additional electric cost or put it in their own yard. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @babybison and @mercury94 Luckily I love my ILs and the kids do love it, but its hideous.  I'm just going to forget to plug it in...  Also, @babybison I find that so disrespectful with the name situation.  
  • Might be a bad thing that my 2 year old knows my Starbucks order. He was yelling it before it was my time to order. 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babybison I grew up with a hyphenated last name, and both my parents hyphenated their names when they got married. It was great for screening telemarketers because if they asked for Mr/Mrs. just Dad's last name we would just say that person doesn't live here  :D
  • 2-year-olds are fun, guys. DS just threw a major fit because he wanted to wear his alligator shirt. Then he threw another fit because we let him wear the alligator shirt, but he didn’t want it to have long sleeves. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 sounds like my 2 year old! Wait till potty training and only wanting certain underwear!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Work is killing me. I’m paying for Thanksgiving break. I’m working 14 hour days right now. Ugh.
  • @literatureandink That sucks. I’m also paying for Thanksgiving break over here, but 14 hours in a day is more than I could handle right now. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @korthouse I love it! I’m from the beehive state so I especially adore the bee theme! Sweet as honey! Sounds like you have an awesome friend too.

This week is our last week at our “traveling tots” program. I’m gonna have to find ways to get the kids out of the house and entertained for the rest of winter and I’m pretty worried about it. Everything costs money and I cannot spend all day in the house or I’ll go crazy. 

• @emsned Our public library has a lot of scheduled kid-friendly activities throughout the day, including read-alouds. Maybe yours does as well?
  • We're taking my son to a holiday lights event at the zoo tonight and I'm super excited. He's almost 2.5 and this year he has really gotten into holiday lights on houses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My cat knocked my laptop to the ground while I was at work and part of the screen broke... really not looking forward to having to pay to either fix or replace it during Christmas season when we're saving for baby
  • @korthouse That sucks. I hope you find a good deal somewhere. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017