April 2020 Moms

GTKY 12/2 - Are you a planner or go with the flow?

Are you a planner or do you like to just go with the flow and figure things out last minute?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY 12/2 - Are you a planner or go with the flow?

• So, I'm definitely a planner. I'm in a wedding next September and I'm already planning the logistics of getting there since I'll be driving over 2 days with 2 kids. Already have an idea of route to take and hotel we'll stay in the first night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm both.  Normally I'm a planner.  But the older I get, I tend to be more go with the flow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Similar to @KFrob, I think of myself as a planner but more recently going with the flow. I like to have a general plan and then allow for some flexibility! Also, I love making lists so I can cross things off of them haha
  • @gingers19 I also love to make lists!  
  • I’m with @gingers19 and @KFrob I like the idea of planning and constantly make lists of things to get done, but I go with the flow if things end up out of order or take longer than planned. Especially with travel. I usually have a list of two things I have to do in a day when I travel and then I figure out everything else as I go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Definitely a planner! I am bad at making decisions and have to research everything before doing so. I can be a go with the flow, if it means some one else is making the decision for me. 
  • I'm a hybrid. I love planning, but have been working for a long time now to learn when to let go of control and go with it. I used to be super spontaneous with lots of big dreams and no action plans, but since losing my Dad a few years ago I've gotten a lot more practical about trying to set realistic goals and putting plans in place for them. My birth plan is definitely an informed go with the flow plan!
  • I’m a mix.  I tend to go with the flow but if traveling / work stuff / general logistics of stuff I’ll have the basic ideas of what I want to do.  But if I make concrete plans with people and then that same day they want to change it up completely I just get annoyed.  I’m flexible but when we plan to go get pedicures at 6pm and then you change your mind and want to go out to eat instead - when I’ve already eaten dinner.... just a little rude!  (I have one friend NOTORIOUS for wanting to make plans with our girl group and then the day of / day before trying to change it.)
  • I would consider myself a planner, but I think I’ve become better about going with the flow in recent years. I can acknowledge that most situations/events won’t go to plan, so..I try to have a plan for my own sake, but be flexible. Sometimes easier said than done!
  • I really wish I was a planner. I'm a procrastinator to the fullest extent.
  • Major planner, but also capable of going with the flow. I am an event planner by profession, so it's my job to plan ahead. However, I am also used to things happening that are out of my control.