April 2020 Moms

December Appointments

What appointments do we have this month?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: December Appointments

• I have my 20 week anatomy appointment on December 13th! I'm so excited. :) I'm due 4/30 so I'm probably one of the last to hit this milestone. lol. :smile: 
  • I have an appointment with another midwife who only works on call on the weekends December 30th. We meet all of the midwives throughout our prenatal appointments, so she’s a new one to us!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m due the 29! & my anatomy scan is the 5th! 
  • I have an appointment on the 30th. I get another ultrasound then to see if the placenta has moved and to see if the fluid cyst on the brain has gone away. I think I'm supposed to get the order for the glucose test then, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sbalding88 and @gamboer I'm due 4/30 also, and have mine on the 10th
  • Anatomy scan on Wednesday and cardiologist tomorrow for an echocardiogram. Lots of time with the ultrasound wand this week. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Dec 19 prenatal apt and 24 week growth ultrasound on the twins. 
  • Anatomy scan this Friday and OB appointment next Friday. I think I’ll start going every two weeks (high risk) starting at the end of January 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• December 19th for 24 weeks. My mom will be visiting and is able to come with me to this appointment. She is so excited!
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited December 2019
    Had my anatomy scan today. Discovered that baby girl had a 2 vessel cord. My doctor said she’s not worried about it, because the kidneys look good and baby is measuring ahead of schedule. But, it will require monthly growth scans. If the growth slows down, it may lead to early delivery, which I’m not excited about. She’s also scheduling me for a fetal echocardiogram. I have a heart condition, so she wants to verify that the baby doesn’t. 

ETA: we didn’t do the fetal echo for DS, so I’m wondering if that’s a change in the ACOG recommendations or why it’s required this time, but I’m happy to do it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • my 20 week appointment has come & gone, anatomy scan is complete. when do we see our babies again!? do they usually do additional ultrasounds after the anatomy scan?
  • @mercury94 I know a few people who have reported 2 vessel cords with no issues at all, delivered perfectly healthy, full-term babies. My nurse brain is curious about the fetal echo recommendation, too.
  • @phinzlabyrinth Usually that's it unless some reason pops up where they feel like another u/s is necessary 
  • @phinzlabyrinth Last time I had one ultrasound after the anatomy scan. It was at about 36 weeks to get an idea of his size. Apparently, I’m getting a bunch of them this time due to the 2 vessel cord. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @phinzlabyrinth usually no more unless there are issues. Last time, I had blood pressure issues and got ultrasounds twice a week starting at 32 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @phinzlabyrinth My sister's OB did one ultrasound after 20 weeks to see if the baby had turned, I think around 36-37 weeks. Apparently she was breech for a little bit, but she moved into the right position by the ultrasound and stayed that way until my sister had her at 40 weeks 1 day. My doctor told me this will probably be my last one unless they decide they want others to make sure things are okay in there, for like growth and such. But they aren't currently planning on it. 

@Kathryn0903 I had an early glucose test on 11/27 at 17w6d. I passed that one with flying colors. I'll have a second one on January 10th at the normal time of 24 weeks just to make sure nothing has changed, but at least I won't be nervous the second time around because I know what to expect. Here's hoping I pass it again and have no GD. <3 
  • Got our broken down report for our anatomy scan and everything looks normal! One little thing I noticed in the measurements is that baby's head is a little bigger than their gestational age. Gently suggesting to baby that he/she slow down on the head growth thing for the sake of my vagina...
  • @korthouse DS’s head measured 85th or 90th percentile toward the end and he measured 50th or so. I’m not sure how accurate those numbers are, but his head didn’t seem too disproportionate at birth. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 That's a relief to know! I do know that my husband's family consistently has bigger babies with larger heads, but apparently mine was very normal, I was just super long. Hoping baby takes a little more after me for that!
  • @korthouse At my anatomy scan on Friday, we'll see how big baby's head is then. My husband has an unusually large head so I told him that the baby can take after him in every way except head size. I really don't want to have a big-headed baby. LOL! 
  • @phinzlabyrinth I was told you don’t need anymore scans after 20 weeks if everything looked good. I have to go back in the third trimester to check my placenta placement since it was low lying on the 20 week scan. 
  • Just had my anatomy scan today at 20+3 and baby boy is measuring a week ahead and in the 99th percentile! They also found a heart arrhythmia called premature atrial contractions so now I'll be getting an echocardiogram, weekly fetal tone checks, and at least one follow up growth check ultrasound in 4 weeks.

I was so upset when I first learned of this during the ultrasound, but feel much better now that I've had a chance to talk to the genetic counselor and my midwife. Just bummed to go through this all alone today as my husband is out of town on a last minute work trip. 
  • My husband and I both have pretty big heads so at my anatomy ultrasound last week I jokingly asked the technician if baby’s head looked big and she said it looked normal. Hehe. That ultrasound was SO COOL! Loved seeing baby girl for an hour as the star on screen. 
  • Also — I was told I had an anterior placenta at my anatomy ultrasound. I’m wondering if that’s why I don’t really feel baby yet. Did anyone else hear that there’s is anterior (as opposed to posterior placenta)? I feel small air bubbles but nothing big yet. I’m 22 weeks. 
  • @goodyloves Probably, you feel less with anterior.  I had an anterior with DD2 and just had my scan yesterday and was told it was anterior again.  I'm 20w tomorrow, I feel LO on the regular and have felt her from the outside a couple of times but I'm also a third time mom, carry low, and I'm thin and short which could all be factors.  The biggest difference between DD1 and DD2 was with DD1 I started out feeling the flutters everyone talks about around 15 weeks.  With DD2 and this LO I went straight from not feeling anything, or questioning what I'm feeling, to feeling big movements, there was no flutter feelings.  You should probably start to feel big movements soon.  
  • 20wk US the other day was ok, but the placenta is partially covering my cervix and there is like a small extra piece- which they aren't concerned about for baby bc blood flow is great, but increases my risk for blood flow over the cervix.
    I'm already a planned c-section, but I have another US in 4wks now to asses and fingers crossed things move into better positions. They also saw some fluid in a spot that can indicate Down Syndrome, but since we've been tested for as much genetic stuff as you can be, we are at least not concerned there at all. But I'm a bit nervous about the placenta stuff. I already needed a blood transfusion after the c-section with my daughter due to blood loss, so it is a concern. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @KFrob Thank you for the feedback about the anterior. Yeah, I started feeling the flutters around week 15-17 and it’s been off and on when I feel them. I’m a FTM and really tall with a long torso so I think that’s why it’s taking a while to feel more. This week tho, as I write about this hehe, I have been feeling new sensations. Bigger “air bubble” feelings on my right side in the evening. So I think baby’s getting stronger now. Anyway, take care :)
  • I have an anterior placenta and they found a choroid plexus cyst on the brain. I have another appt in 4 weeks to check the cyst. She seemed confident it would go away by then 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 did your baby have a choroid plexus cyst? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mamatobeans I'm pretty sure that's what it was. They also seemed confident it would go away. My next appt is the 30th, it'll get checked again. I have talked to other moms in my last BMB that had a cyst on theiir babies brain and they said it went away by next ultrasound.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Got my glucose test results back already and I passed. DH was worried because I've had a major sweet tooth this pregnancy. One of my blood test results is showing I may be slightly anemic. Hoping I don't have to do anything extra since it was only .2 under the reference range.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I was slightly anemic last time. Didn’t have any changes to my duet and it basically went away on its own. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I had my repeat A/S. Everything looks good. Definitely a 2 vessel cord, but it doesn’t seem to have impacted the heart or kidney development, which I guess is the biggest concern. I do have a growth scan at 32 weeks to make sure there is no IUGR, which also happens with the 2 vessel cord, probably repeated a few times after that. Also, a fetal echo on 1/21 to verify that she didn’t inherit my heart condition. Seems like so many more tests than I had with DS. 

But, the worst is the repeat 3-hour glucose in 2 weeks. This will be my 6th glucose test across 2 pregnancies, my 4th 3-hour. It’s truly my least favorite part of pregnancy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I had to do the 3 hours once with DD1 and it was the WORST.  I feel for you!!!
  • @mercury94 that's good to know. I'm hopeful that doctor isn't concerned.
    BabyFruit Ticker