March 2020 Moms
Options

December Questions

13»

Re: December Questions

• Options
    My mom few out when I had my first and was so much more helpful than I could have even anticipated.  I didn’t think she would NOT be helpful, I just had no idea how necessary the extra set of hands would be.  My partner had zero baby experience and was back to work the day after we came home from the hospital also. My mom booked a flight for my due date but it was one where you could change it for just $50 I think? I don’t remember if she had to pay the difference as well or if that even still exists, it was 13 years ago. 

For first time parents especially, I do think having help the first couple nights home from the hospital is really nice (that’s the postpartum doula in me talking). You are so dang tired and sore, and excited to be home but then it’s a little scary to not have anyone checking on you anymore as in the hospital. Day 4 there’s often a hormonal shift and women can get a little weepy, and that’s also a common time for breastfeeding issues. There’s laundry and hospital bags to unpack, and it just takes a little time to settle into your space with the baby.  Just my two cents. Postpartum doula care is definitely an investment (ie no cheap!) but super worth it IMO. But if that’s not an option, having someone to help who is knowledgeable or at the very least calm with babies, and will take direction from you, and who is someone you trust and feel nurtured by can be extremely valuable. 
  • Options
    @uno_mas we're hiring a post partum doula this time around because I had major baby blues and horrible breastfeeding issues which led to anxiety/rage. My DH was so helpful through it all, but we will have a 3 year old when DD arrives and we know we need the help at night in order to function during the day. Very much looking forward to it. I used a birth doula for DS and will again for this birth as well❤️
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @puppylove8910 I’m so sorry last time was a struggle for you.  As amazing and wonderful as it is to bring home a new baby, it is such a huge transition and a sensitive time as you heal and take care of a new human with so many needs.  Wonderful that you are being proactive and setting yourself up for more support this time.  I hope this time is cozy, calm, and you all feel nurtured and well taken care of. ❤️❤️❤️❤️