3rd Trimester

Delivering early/changing due date?

I am currently 34 weeks 6 days pregnant, and went in for an ultrasound today. My doctor notified me that the baby is already measuring 7lbs and around 37.5 weeks, so they want me to come in another 3 weeks for another ultra sound...does this mean i will deliver early??? or just have a huge baby haha!

Re: Delivering early/changing due date?

• It could go either way depending on how conservative your doctor is. So you should ask your doctor to see what his or her plan is.
  • I am currently 34 weeks 6 days pregnant, and went in for an ultrasound today. My doctor notified me that the baby is already measuring 7lbs and around 37.5 weeks, so they want me to come in another 3 weeks for another ultra sound...does this mean i will deliver early??? or just have a huge baby haha!
    Ultrasounds are notorious of be up to +/- 2lbs.  I know someone whom the doc kept telling her to delivery early because baby was "so big" on ultrasound.  She was told her baby would be 10lbs+... she refused and waited until baby was ready.  Well that "big baby" was 8lbs 1oz came a day after due date and was delivered vaginal.