Group 3- 6/14-6/20 Weekly Check In 11/25

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant?
** taken from May group!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 3- 6/14-6/20 Weekly Check In 11/25

• hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 10 + 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: will find out in January 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime (at 11wks)

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until December 9th

How are you feeling?: Pretty good but sleeping terribly, which I know won’t change!

Raves/Rants: This is the worst time of the year at work and I am SO already for it to be over!!!

Questions: Is anyone a bit nervous about telling work? I got pregnant like 2 months after starting a new role and tbh feel kind of guilty about it.

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant?  Champagne at the holidays!!!! Also I really miss laying on my back in bed. It’s already
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out :smiley:

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 

Upcoming appointments: this weds I am getting my preeclamspia screening so I get to see my little love bug

How are you feeling? ehh. TIRED but nausea has settled some. Only comes when I cook meat or when I have the strange hairy mouth sensation. 

Raves/Rants: OMG Everything my fiance does or says is ANNOYING. I feel bad for him because he is trying so hard to be helpful and loving but jesus. Even his breathing is annoying me. 

Questions: Now that we are near the last stretch of the 1st tri is any one else feeling like o my  gosh this is REAL?!?!?! 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant?
    WINE I miss my WINE. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hayhay2501 exact same boat - I really recently started a new position and haven’t told anyone yet. I’m the only one in my department who would be pregnant (most older with older kids) so even though I know my boss is going to be supportive I feel like all my coworkers are going to be like seriously you’re pregnant again?! 

@lizanet I can’t believe we are almost through first tri. So crazy! 

EDD/weeks+days: 6-16/10+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: leaning towards finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: had one last week, one more before Christmas 

How are you feeling? Hoping to turn the corner soon. My cold is almost over, I’m starting to get more sleep, and the nausea is mostly gone. I almost finished a whole cup of coffee this morning! 

Raves/Rants: ranting at my spotting. Brown spotting since Thursday. OB said just to watch it, but it freaks me out and i want it to stop. 

Questions: anyone else still trying to hide it as long as possible? I’m rotating between like four oversized sweaters. 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant? Jimmy Johns, wine and fancy cheese but I make up for it in ice cream. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee my boss was literally pregnant when she joined our company so I know she’ll be supportive but it’s hard isn’t it! And I’m trying to hide it until at least my 12 wk scan (which is when I’m almost 13 weeks). I’m going to have to get SO strategic. Also I, sorry about your spotting!! Fingers crossed it stops soon.

@lizanet it definitely doesn’t feel real! Especially now that I’m feeling better I’m like- am I actually pregnant? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 10+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: December 2

How are you feeling? Pretty good, but still strong aversions to sweets and sex 🤣

Raves/Rants: My 13 month old son tested positive for RSV today, so my plan to hoard all of my leave for maternity leave got blown out of the water. Luckily it’s a short week and my husband is tag-teaming with me to minimize time off. 

Questions: Is it typical to have another ultrasound at 12 weeks? I’ve had one dating scan at 7+4 and didn’t really expect another until the anatomy scan, but I’m seeing a lot of ladies post about an NT scan. I don’t remember having that one with my son. 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant? I miss having a beer while watching football. Not a fan of wine or liquor, but a cold Shiner is my favorite!
  • @kjack86 I didnt get a NT scan with my first, I will be getting one (tomorrow actually) along with a preeclampsia screening this time because I had preeclampsia with my first and my doc thinks I might as well get both done. I dont believe I had another other sonos with my doc between my dating and anatomy ones. 
  • @kjack86 I didn’t have an NT with my first and won’t with this one either. My OB does a viability scan at 8 weeks and then nothing until the anatomy scan at 20. 
  • Ok thanks, ladies. I doubt I get another one. Of course I wouldn’t mind seeing baby girl an extra time, but hate to get my hopes up if it probably won’t happen. 
  • @kjack86 the NT screen is elective, so you can opt for it if you want. Insurance might not cover it though so you want to check that first. My OB gave me a list of the optional tests at my last appt. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Upcoming appointments: December 12th I have my 12 week appointment 

How are you feeling? I’ve gone from constantly nauseous to good and bad days. Still sleeping like 14-16 hours a day. I’m exhausted. 

Raves/Rants: my hormones are making me a little crazy. Last night I cried that my husband treated me like a second class citizen because he was prioritizing his sister over me. She just had a baby. 

Questions: how do I know if I have a baby bump vs just blasting/ gaining weight? Lol. I didn’t have a super fit body before pregnancy so it’s not obvious to me. 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant? I honestly am not following all the ‘don't Eat this’ crap aside from watching out for mercury. I just miss like wanting to eat/food sounding good. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: June 18, so 11+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Upcoming appointments: Dec 12 for another sonogram and testing

How are you feeling? Pretty good, finally have my voice back. Still super tired, haven't done a lot of what I planned

Raves/Rants: Took off all this week, which I never do. It was a fabulous idea. Also thought to buy some pants extenders/bands which saved me on Thanksgiving when I realized that the only pants that still button were in the wash

Questions: Should I be worried if i'm not gaining weight yet? This is totally not a problem i thought i'd have, but despite eating like a pig my weight isn't budging (yes, I was a pound or 20 overweight at the outset...telling myself that the baby is just eating up my fat). That said, there definitely is a bump there. 

GTKY: What’s your most-missed item, food, or drink while pregnant? Wine. Beer, too, but I've been so bloated I haven't wanted much beer. Sounds stupid, but I didn't realize that so much of the flavors I like are due to fermentation (and, therefore, alcohol) so alcohol-free versions just don't cut it
  • @hayhay2501 Totally, particularly since I'm still going through the process for that new job/promotion I was freaking out about before (should find out next week). I think they'll be supportive, but still feel awkward. If I do get offered the job I'll tell the new boss and ask him to keep it under wraps for a week or so until my results come back. I want him to make the decision independent of knowing, but don't want to spring it on him after the fact
  • @akoros I wouldn’t worry, everyone gains weight differently. Last time I gained 10 lbs in first tri, this time around I’m up 4, but have a noticeable bump already. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Every pregnancy is different.