Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Randoms Nov 25-Dec 1

• Options
    @mamaj1220 At least someone is being productive! I didn’t want to get out of bed today, always have a hard time falling asleep Sunday night. This short week is going to be rough. I need to see all my patients just in 3 days instead of 5. And our electric medical records system is down, so we are doing paper charting and I have zero ability to look up historical information needed to recertify a few people. Oh and the system has been down over a week and all last week they said “it’ll be up today” every day. Now they don’t even bother with updates because everyone is just over it. Despite this mini vent, I’m pretty much okay with it. Honestly the paper charting goes faster because it’s less detailed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 my electronic medical system just went down too, nothing new for ours at least twice a week there’s a system wide issue, it’s so frustrating. 
  • Options
    My kiddo has been sick with the flavor of the month crud for a weeeeeeeek. It’s just a nocturnal cough but good gravy it’s been keeping me up all night

I work Thanksgiving and today I’m making a super cute turkey swaddle costume for any babies I deliver at work 😍 so excited!
  • Options
    We still have school today, tomorrow, and a half day on Wednesday. The district where my H and mom work is closed all week and I'm jealous. I have zero motivation to work. I'm guessing the kids will all be in the same boat, so maybe that's a good thing?
  • Options
    I work in an office and the majority of the people end up taking off Monday-Wednesday this week so it's super peaceful around here.  I don't have much to do so I plan to stay caught up on the Bump and watch for some good online shopping deals.
  • Options
    @soprano19 - we have school this week too with a half day Wednesday. I'm trying to be as productive as I can..but ugh! 
  • Options
    I'm just happy that I'm FINALLY over the sinus infection from hell that lingered for a week and half! I'm feeling much better today and I actually got a full night sleep last night for the first time this entire pregnancy! 
  • Options
    Sensitive nipples and chilly weather ARE THE WORST. My best friend made a comment today that nipples were showing through my bra and my shirt... I’ve lost all control
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @chewie5990 glad you're getting over the sinus infection.  I've had one for about a week also and finally caved yesterday and called one of the doctors you can just chat with through insurance instead of actually going to a real doctor and literally within 1 minute of talking he was like "Ok I'll put out an antibiotic" which is great because that's what I needed I think (I'm already feeling better today) but was also surprising how easy it was.  Hoping I feel almost back to normal by Thursday!
  • Options
    My furniture for my office is finally getting put together today! I’m so excited to not sit on the floor anymore 😂
  • Options
    DS will be missing his first school picture day because he has croup and we spent midnight-4am at the ER. I'm more upset about it then I have any right to be.
  • Options
    @emlettuce I hope he feels better soon! And DS missed his picture day too last month and I was super bummed about it
  • Options
    Aww @emlettuce That stinks.  Could you take him somewhere and do your own school pictures when he feels better?  JCPenney or somewhere not too expensive?
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @emlettuce aww hope he feels better soon.  I understand about school pics though.  My DD has absolutely refused to cooperate for pictures at daycare the last 2 times they've had them and I've been thoroughly heartbroken each time I pick her up to the other kids showing their parents their proofs while we have nothing :(
  • Options
    @emlettuce I hope DS feels better soon. DD got Croup at 13 months and we needed and ER trip, it was awful.

Sorry I've been MIA again, I was out of town hunting. Today is my Monday and tomorrow is my Friday. I don't have a lot to do at work this week but I have not been productive yet today. I've spent all morning on The Bump catching up. Tomorrow night I go back up to deer camp again for the weekend. I will try to participate when I can. Now I really need to do some work...
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    They should do picture retakes! We are supposed to have current photos on file of every student in case of emergency. 

I’m in a lucky district where I have all week off. Although I have appointments scheduled every day so I’m not relaxing. 
  • Options
    emlettuceemlettuce member
    edited November 2019
    @splashmountain @shamrocandroll @bananapanda I know it's not that big of deal, there will be a make up/retake day in January but I really wanted to give pictures to family at Christmas and now he won't be in his class picture either. But I guess the bright side is that he's feeling much better and seems pretty normal aside from a cough.

ETA we will have to get him to choke down two more doses of steroids which will be an adventure. The internet says there no food that can mask the horrible taste.
  • Options
    @chewie5990 ugh I just got a sinus infection this weekend and it makes sleeping impossible! I have my midwife appt tomorrow so I’m going to ask her about some meds while there because I hope this doesn’t linger long. I’m glad yours went away and you finally got some sleep!
  • Options
    @bananapanda my DD has never cooperated with school pictures either. This last time, she was the only one who didn't get any taken because she was crying the whole time and I was really sad.
  • Options
    @emlettuce DS1 takes steroids due to his leukemia. A spoonful of chocolate syrup mixed with them helps a lot. He says they’re easily the worst tasting medicine he takes.
  • Options
    @bananapanda and @soprano19 do they let you participate to try and help? My DS is in a special education preschool and when it's picture day, they will help your child through it or you can. Last year I pulled up the song "shake your sillies out" on my phone and danced like a crazy person and got S to crack a smile for the photographer.
  • Options
    @rox7777 we'll give it a shot, thanks. But if this ruins chocolate for him in holding you personally responsible  :p
  • Options
    @splashmountain they may have some parent volunteers, but I've never heard about it so I never asked before.  Also that would mean missing a whole day of work and I don't know if I care that much haha but we'll see next time when she has pictures
  • Options
    @emlettuce Nah. We’ve mixed meds with all kinds of stuff over the last year and he’s still a major fan of chocolate milk. The only combo he didn’t like was yogurt/steroids.
  • Options
    IL’s just left town until Saturday. So exciting to get a break. Tomorrow is the home inspection finally  and I’m meeting with the contractor to discuss renovations and budget. Then I have to go to the OB (is anyone else still super nervous every single appointment? I can’t turn my fear off for some reason) and try to navigate ATL Thanksgiving travel traffic all the way home. I 10/10 expect to be exhausted tomorrow night. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @splashmountain yeah, I really can't miss work for that, so I just deal with whatever happens, lol.
  • Options
    @Austenista yes! All my appointments are on Mondays, and every time by Saturday night I’m kind of a basket case until I see them moving on the ultrasound!
  • Options
    One more day of work! One more day of work!! I am so ready for a break
  • Options
    @Austenista Yes! I have an appointment tomorrow too and I'm already nervous. I try to schedule mine first thing in the morning so I don't have to be fidgety all day.
  • Options
    @louessbee I hope yours goes well tomorrow too! @bender29 That's me too. I don't relax until I hear the heartbeat. Then I'm okay for a week or two before fear starts creeping back in. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else feeling a bit paranoid about all the food recalls lately? My tummy is a bit upset after eating a huge hamburger and I’m like “oh no, iceberg lettuce!” 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @drkoyya, wth, is that a real product? That’s insane! They really make anything these days. The throw up one is cracking me up! Also why does the dad need that for the ball? To protect himself!? This is too much! 🤣
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @Austenista did I miss an update where you found a new/better house?? Also, totally agree about freaking out before each appointment. I even have a doppler at home that I use weekly but I’m still so nervous for my appointment today!
  • Options
    @queenklau Haha, I think it's a joke.  It says "prank-o" in the bottom right corner.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    My daughter's daycare called last night to inform us they are shut down today per the recommendation of the health department so they can have 5 days closed to clean/disinfect after multiple confirmed cases of whooping cough :O The director said they had one teacher that was in DD's room and a few other kids in younger classes (including an infant).  Also there were several kids in DD's class with croup a few weeks ago including DD and now they're saying that could've just been a misdiagnosed case of mild whooping cough.  She has been feeling a lot better but does still have a little bit of a cough but nothing that I thought was too concerning.  I'm still going to call the pediatrician this morning just to see if there are any special precautions we need to take or just see how it plays out.  Very scary for the infant room though since many are too young to be vaccinated against it so I know it can be serious.  I guess I might need to check with my OB also since I've had what I thought was a cold/cough the past couple weeks.  I'm feeling better this week though after starting antibiotics for the sinus infection, and I did get the tdap vaccine in 2017 before delivering DD so I'm not super concerned.
  • Options
    @brettanomyces I’m paranoid about food to begin with I saw no romaine again, but no ice burg too? Ugh! I’m sticking to pop tarts again lol 
  • Options
    The only thing I’ve craved for the last 3 weeks is salad. I’m just going with organic and washing very well because literally nothing else appeals to me.