July 2020 Moms
Options

Name opinion

So I love the nickname Tillie but I absolutely hate the name Matilda. Does Tillie by itself sound dumb and made up or do you think it could be a cute name?

Re: Name opinion

• Options
    @harmonicahammered I was just trying out the name Matilda myself. I think I agree with you I'm not in love. Tillie is cute and I think it could work alone but it might depend on where you are too. I can see it more in an English countryside than like a Malibu beach if you know what I mean. 
  • Options
    Yeah. I’m just so torn on Tillie because I think it’s a cute sweet name and I love it so much but I don’t really think it’d suit an adult either. 😬 I was also thinking maybe it’d work for a nickname for Natalie? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know a little girl Tillie.  She's adorable and super smart.
  • Options
    My ex-boyfriend’s niece was nicknamed Tilly, short for either Thalia or Othelia, I forget. 
  • Options
    @harmonicahammered I think Tillie is cute, either by itself or short for something else. I work at an elementary school and at this point MOST of the kids have unusual names.
    I've starting making my 2 lists, boy and girl. My husband and I agreed that for the first 2 trimesters, we can add any name we like to the lists with no judgement from the other person. Then in the 3rd trimester we can start vetoing names and narrowing it down.