Group 3 (May 17-24th) Week of 11/18

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) Week of 11/18

• EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd/13+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): arc reactor (like on Iron Man)

Upcoming appointments: November 27th at the new midwife

How are you feeling?  Better now that I started taking my medicine regularly again. 

Raves/Rants: I think the baby is going to pop forward any day. My lower abdomen is getting harder and I can feel things a bit more around that area (not movement, just physical “stuff”) 

Questions:  so, any moms who already have 2+ kids that were Team Green with the first and found out for the others? What are your thoughts?  DH wants to find out so I’m a little torn to cave to him because I’m fortunate that I get to carry the baby and experience everything that maybe I should give him this... but I’m so nervous that it might be “boring” knowing...? Haha it sounds strange typing it out...

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? 
    When I was younger, I wanted like a minimum of 10. I would LOVE if that were still feasible, but since it takes a long time and a lot of money to conceive each kid, I’d be happy to get 3 healthy, THB ☺️
    But our plan is to just have as many as we can afford!
  • @mokay19 I am not a team green person, I like to know what baby is so I can call them by their name 😂 also I do decorate with gender traditional roles because I can’t help myself.
    EDD/days+weeks: May 24 13+1
    Team finding out/blue/pink/green: finding out
    Baby is the size of: the watch from Polar Express
    Upcoming appointments: next Wednesday just a regular check up and scheduling AS 
    How are you feeling? I finally kicked that cold but my morning (more like all day) sickness has kicked up really bad, I took today off because I just can’t even focus I’m puking every time I eat/drink.
    Raves/rants: I’m so mad I’m getting sick now hoping it’s just for a couple weeks. But DF is taking care of me and I’m being a great big baby because I can. 
    Questions: none
    GTKY: Two, I always wanted a boy and a girl. We will see if I get my wish because I am done after this.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 We were team green with DS1 and I loved it.  We got everything gender neutral, and I felt like it was the best way to go knowing we wanted another one eventually because then we could reuse all of it.  MH really wanted to find out last time, but then let me have my way and agreed to be team green.  We were both 100% convinced it was a girl, and it was an awesome surprise when he was born and was a boy.  This time, he really wanted to find out ahead of time, and since he let me have my way the first time and we were already doing the Harmony test for other reasons, I figured I'd let him win this time.  So we found out.  I got the message in my portal around 8am and had to wait until nearly 8pm that night to open it with MH.  We sat down on the couch and I logged in with my phone and we found out it was a boy, and MH immediately began saying things like "at least" because I think he assumed I would be disappointed (I was in some ways, but not in others, and was just so happy the other results all came back normal) and then we hugged, and that was pretty much it.  We're not telling other people that we know, since I don't really believe in "gender reveal" stuff, and I'm not really interested in other people's opinions about what my family will or should look like to them.  So this was our compromise between finding out and team green.  I definitely don't feel like it was nearly as exciting this way.  I'm still 5+ months out, and it feels so bizarre already knowing, and it felt a little it anti-climactic.  That's my personal take, anyway.  I don't know many people who have done both ways.  Most are usually one camp or the other.  But for me, personally, I enjoyed being green a bit more.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll thanks for your experience! that’s kind of the exact emotions that my SIL described. She had also talked about how the excitement and motivation during labor was different since they already knew the sex and name. 

Kind of ironic, but right after I posted asking about this, DH randomly messaged me and said “I decided that I don’t want to know. It was so exciting at the hospital with DD that I think I want that again.”
    So, I don’t have to worry I guess... or at least yet haha
  • @mokay19 Yes, I definitely needed the extra motivation with my first pregnancy, after a looooong labor and 4 hours of pushing!  I think it gave me just that tiny ounce of extra strength to finally push him out and avoid a C-section.  Yay for getting your way for now, haha!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mokay19 Although, I will say it's nice to know I don't have to really buy any new clothes for DS2.  I have two giant 50 gallon totes full of vacuum sealed clothes from DS1 and it'll feel great to be able to start washing and hanging those instead of having them hang around my house much longer!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll holy crap, you’re a champ for that labor!! With DD, my water broke at 2:45am and she was out at 5:06am.... I don’t think I could handle your labor! You’re a rockstar!

Also, yes. We have SO MANY clothes for a girl. But, fortunately, we have a lot of gender neutral early clothes so at least I would have a week or so to wash if needed haha. Maybe even if it’s a boy, he’ll just start his life in flowers and pink? He’d never know 😂 well, until I showed him. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 13W5D - EDD: 5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appointments: regular check up on Dec. 3 

How are you feeling? sick with an awful sinus infection  :s

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

I didn't even want to get married when I was younger, let alone have kids! The plan now is for sure try for three and possibly 4...idk maybe 5. DH is 1 of 5 and he loved having a big family - also it's so much fun now that everyone is grown and we are all super close and our kids are all super close. Definitely no more than 5 though...when you can't fit the whole family in a mini van or SUV then you have crossed into crazy town land! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 23 / 13 + 2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 
    @mokay19 and @shamrocandroll I don't have your patience to wait!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appointments: May 25

How are you feeling? I've started to get a lot of headaches, which makes work quite painful. Also getting some round ligament pain - I felt like I pulled it the other day walking and it really freaked me out

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: none

I wanted 2 and still do, but I guess I should have the first one and see if I change my mind about a second ;)
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24 / 13+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out - I'm with @aneggnamedalex , I don't have the patience to wait. And also names are hard and I'm stuck on combinations, so I want to narrow that down.

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemons

Upcoming appointments: The 27th for another checkup

How are you feeling? Nausea has mostly subsided. It still sneaks up on me a little. I'm mostly tired and still nervous about our weird NIPT results ("atypical", couldn't separate DNA, could be nothing, could be an issue). Trying to stay calm. 

Raves/Rants: The nurse at my OB is terrible. The doctors are great but she doesn't upload things to my chart, is very dismissive, and just generally isn't helpful. The docs are great, so it's frustrating.

Questions: None right now 

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? I always wanted four, but it took us three years and a lot of intervention to get pregnant, so I think we're done after the twins. We'll see how life goes.
  • @mokay19 Hahah! I never thought it was boring knowing sex with DD! Good luck at the new midwife. 

@mamaj1220 I hope you get some relief soon!

@chewie5990 Sinus infections stink! Hope it clears up soon.

@aneggnamedalex Definitely don't have to patience to wait either! 

@louessbee Sorry about the nurse. Are they doing another test because of the NIPT atypical results?

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 14+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Definitely finding out. Agree with @louessbee about names. It was nice bonding to call DD by her name before she was born too. We did keep the name a secret from everyone till the very end. The delivery nurse handed DD to me and said "will you tell me the name now?" We told absolutely no one.

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach 

Upcoming appointments: December 9

How are you feeling? Good. Fatigue still can be rough sometimes. I slept from 6:50 until my normal wake up time of 4:45 last night but feel better tonight. 

Raves/Rants: I could rant about way too much. I know my hormones are getting the best of me lately. 

Questions: 

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? I think I wanted 5 when I was really young. Now 2 is my max. 
  • @jrouge12 I’m feeling the same way about my hormones. I’m grumpy AF about things that don’t normally bother me. I finally gave in and called my OB who got me zofran within minutes because he was getting worried I would need fluids. 
  • Idk what’s going on but I’m not sure my tags worked

@mokay19 I give all you Green mommas credit...I had considered it but when I read other moms discussions about the potential challenges with bonding, I decided against it. Plus MH is very strongly anti-green.

@mamaj1220 Glad you got some medication and that YF is taking wonderful care of you! Nausea/vomiting is for the birds.

@chewie5990 Hope you feel better soon! It seems like everyone is sick right now

@aneggnamedalex That RLP is no joke! And the headaches! My doctor told me to eat constantly when I mentioned the headaches because seriously Tylenol useless (also make sure you’re getting those fluids in!!)

@Louessbee Sorry to hear about the grumpy nurse at the doctor’s office, a nurse can really make or break an experience. I hope you get some answers about the NIPT.

@jrouge12 That’s some serious skills, it must be really hard to keep a name secret and not accidentally let it slip.

EDD/weeks+days: May 19th, 14 weeks today! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 12/5

How are you feeling? I’m feeling so much better, I have energy again, I have the motivation to cook and I’ve been baking each of the past 2 weekends

Raves/Rants: Rant: Gagging while brushing my teeth every time...threw up a little in the sink the other night. That can go away any day now.

Rave: I announced our good news to my coworkers today at our biweekly meeting (we work independently on a daily basis). Everyone was so excited and I feel very lucky to have such supportive coworkers. Tonight we will post our news to Facebook. I thought about the effect it could have on anyone that could be experiencing IF and I do feel reluctant for that reason, but at the same time I feel like MH and I should be able to celebrate our excitement publicly.

Questions: None that I can think of.

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? When I was really young I wanted 5, specifically 3 girls and 2 boys. Now 3 sounds good but 2 might be more manageable/affordable...gotta see how the first one goes!

• @sunshinesea22 the teeth brushing thing was constant for me for a few weeks, and now every so often. I tried using different flavor tooth pastes, different sized tooth brushes nothing helped :( 
  • @sunshinesea22 The gagging while brushing is my last hold of morning sickness. Its terrible! It has been getting better but always takes me off guard. Don't feel guilty posting the good news. It's ok to celebrate. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24/13W3D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK! AH! (well... to be confirmed via anatomy scan)

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon i think?

Upcoming appointments: Not until December 14th I think

How are you feeling? finally letting up on the nausea, so a lot better for sure. Minus the 2 days of strep throat. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: I'm excited to take all week off next week for Thanksgiving! My mom and I are doing a girls day on Monday. probably some crafting and maybe some baking. I love the holidays. 
    Rant: I'm so sick of all the sicknesses already starting in my household! these little germ monsters are non-stop with the snot!

Questions: nope.

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? I always said "i want 2 and then i'll talk about it....", and we decided 2.... talked about it... and now i'm here! this is definitely our last. 
  • @mokay19 I was team green with my first (DS1). I found out with a fun gender reveal for DS2 (in front of people... i didn't like that). I was planning on team green this time around until my friend told me she was having a girl and it hit me really hard since i've always wanted a girl. i decided that a poor time to have emotions about gender is the first few weeks postpartum, so i'm glad i'm finding out. to be honest, if I already had a girl i 100% would be team green again. 
  • @jrouge12 @mamaj1220 ditto on the bad mood. I usually have a low tolerance for stuff but I can tell it's the hormones because it has ratcheted up to murderous rage far to easily the past few days. Trying to deep breathe and remember it's the hormones!

I think team green would be so fun but since MH is so set on getting a boy I think we'll be finding out until we get one of each haha.

EDD/weeks+days: may 18/14+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink! To confirm with anatomy scan

Baby is the size of a(n): troll doll

Upcoming appointments: dec 5th for regular check up and glucose challenge

How are you feeling? Much better overall but definitely not like I'm not even pregnant

Raves/Rants: not finding bras or sports bras that work. Oh God and the acne. I'm really hoping now that I'm in the second trimester it'll improve.

Excited to be going to Miami for a week over Thanksgiving with family. I'm going to tell them we're expecting a girl then!

Questions: not right now

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were younger? What are your plans now? I think I wanted like 4. I'd still love that but it may not be feasible. At least two though!
  • @lisush oh man right there with you on the acne. I made such an effort to get my skin in good shape over the summer and then BAM, hormonal acne all over my jawline. so frustrating!! 
  • @lisush and @mamaqdubu ugh I'm also battling acne! I switched to all natural products and I take my make up off right after work and try no to wear any make up during the weekend. It's getting a little better, but it's just so annoying! I feel like a teenager again!
  • You guys are making me think when are we supposed to do the glucose challenge? It hasn’t even been brought up for me 
  • @chewie5990 I've done the same for my face and it's improved a lot, but my back and some parts of my stomach look like I'm back in middle school :neutral:
  • @mamaj1220 I haven't heard about this early, I'm going to ask my doctor on monday at my appointment.
  • @mamaj1220 The glucose challenge/test isn't until 28 weeks. Some of us had to do it early because of history of gestational diabetes or diabetes.

+1 for acne, it was really bad in the beginning for me. Then it went away and has been back for about a week.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @mamaj1220 mine wants me to do it early because I'm technically obese per my BMI. But BMI is BS so whatever. Most do it later. 

@mamaqdubu @chewie5990 @aneggnamedalex
    It is so bad. My back, face, jaw/neck are all like a teenager and a little on my chest. I only use super gentle stuff and powder foundation. By like noon my oily skin has turned it into a liquid foundation. It's just the loveliest thing. But I have to wear it if I'm out in public right now. People will think I have a contagious disease!
  • @jrouge12 Got an NT scan (1.3 and 1.5mm, so good), and will have to do an amnio in December. We're also doing carrier screening and I'm getting a maternal karyotype. Soo yes, lots of extra testing, but not really any conclusions yet. Gonna be in limbo for a while.
  • Also, agree with everyone about the acne. I'm not glowing, I'm just greasy. Ugh.
  • Thank you ladies, I was thinking to myself I don't remember having to do that this early with DS but that was also 6 years ago so maybe they changed when they do it. Also I hope you all passed it! And @lisush my OB doesn't even bother with BMI anymore because he says it is outdated and a joke and I am like well thank you good sir because I know I am not thin lol.