Questions: 

GTKY: What are you watching right now?

Re: Group 2 (July 9-16) Check-in: w/o 11/18

• mehuggmehugg member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: July 10, 6+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate chip

Upcoming appointments: Dating ultrasound this Thursday - I'm so excited!!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Sore boobs, tired. 

Raves/Rants: I was diagnosed with PCOS a year a go and over the past 12 months I've explored ways of managing the condition, especially while we were TTC - exercise, eat right, and manage stress, of course, but also cut gluten, dairy, and caffeine, and moved to all-natural cleaning products and toiletries. I was planning on cutting booze this month if we weren't successful, so booze was going out either way this month, though now it's for the other reason. I'm using my PCOS management as my no booze excuse as I've been quite open about my experience learning about the condition and my body over the past year, and most of the people I talk to about it are very supportive (the feminist in me wants to destigmatize these sorts of conversations) but my in-laws are more skeptical. We've had meals with them twice in the past two weeks (they live nearby) and when I declined to order a drink as part of my continuing health journey, my FIL would not let it go. DH is very supportive and on his own accord has decided to cut back with me, and his dad now thinks that I am denying his precious son of his favorite thing in the whole world: beer. No attempt at understanding, no "okay live your life how you want," just harping on "I can't believe you guys aren't drinking anymore. What does this mean? Are you holding him hostage? Do you *really* not want a drink?" Honestly, just leave it alone. I'm not ruining your son's life. We're telling them after Thanksgiving - we're spending it with my family (further away) and wanted to tell them in-person and first - so I'd love if he apologized for being such a jerk, but I doubt he will. End rant.

Questions: Anyone who has gone in for an early ultrasound - is this essentially my first prenatal check-in? Should I expect to talk about pregnancy do's and don'ts, etc? I was planning on bringing some vitamins and products with me to see if they're safe - is that extra? (fully recognize that I'm probably overthinking this - FTM over here!)

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Feels like a lot of sports these days (which I love), but also Schitt's Creek and The Good Place. When I'm feeling tired and DH isn't around, GIlmore Girls :)
  • pocketrosepocketrose member
    edited November 2019
    @mehugg I also have inappropriate FIL comments although they were about my not drinking and suggesting a reason when I had known I was PG for like...3 days. To his credit he apologized later but I'm going to give him a little shit when we tell them (probably in early December).

EDD/weeks+days: 7/13; 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea (which makes me think of the year my aunt/uncle/cousin dressed up like Popeye, Olive Oil, and Sweet pea.

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday! I just sent my obgyn a "hey what's going to happen at this first appointment" email because the internet is vaguely helpful but as a FTM I'd like to hear it from the source.

How are you feeling? Highs and lows. I'm currently away at a conference and cried when I left H because I was nervous to fly without him (not a normal occurrence)/didn't feel well (I've been maybe vaguely nauseous or maybe just nervous about being nauseous, unclear). 

Raves/Rants: My mom will be in town in a week and I'm excited to see her/hope I'm not feeling sick when she's here. Hopefully I won't be too emotional and cry when I see her because that would give it away lol.

Questions: No specific ones but am always happy for advice on how to chill the fuck out/be less anxious that I'm going to feel bad.

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Final season of the Man in the High Castle! It is SO good. Also going to start season 3 of the Crown soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6+2, 7/11

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):a dried corn kernel :)

Upcoming appointments:still waiting here! first ultrasound 12/3, first OB appt 12/5.  the days are crawwwwwwwwling by here

How are you feeling? tired.  somehow more tired than last week.  we took a "quick" trip to ikea yesterday which (surprise!) turned into a 3 hour ordeal where we waited to pick up furniture they did not have in stock (maybe this should be under rants).  also my stomach has been funky pretty consistently.

Raves/Rants: BEYOND excited for this upcoming weekend when we tell my parents and the in laws that we are expecting.  i bought these cute little announcement onesies on Etsy and will give each a box under the guise of it being an early Christmas present.  i cannot wait to have more people to talk to about this too!

Questions: none for today :)

GTKY: What are you watching right now? we just finished up S2 of jack Ryan (i love John Krasinski) and are moving on to the last season of Man in the High Castle as well.  Just watched ep1 last night and im feeling like i need to rewatch the last season as i must have fallen asleep through a bunch?
  • @mehugg I also have inappropriate FIL comments although they were about my not drinking and suggesting a reason when I had known I was PG for like...3 days. To his credit he apologized later but I'm going to give him a little shit when we tell them (probably in early December).

EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea (which makes me think of the year my aunt/uncle/cousin dressed up like Popeye, Olive Oil, and Sweet pea.

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday! I just sent my obgyn a "hey what's going to happen at this first appointment" email because the internet is vaguely helpful but as a FTM I'd like to hear it from the source.

How are you feeling? Highs and lows. I'm currently away at a conference and cried when I left H because I was nervous to fly without him (not a normal occurrence)/didn't feel well (I've been maybe vaguely nauseous or maybe just nervous about being nauseous, unclear). 

Raves/Rants: My mom will be in town in a week and I'm excited to see her/hope I'm not feeling sick when she's here. Hopefully I won't be too emotional and cry when I see her because that would give it away lol.

Questions: No specific ones but am always happy for advice on how to chill the fuck out/be less anxious that I'm going to feel bad.

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Final season of the Man in the High Castle! It is SO good. Also going to start season 3 of the Crown soon.
    i forgot the Crown was back!!! i need to add to the queue :)
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 6+3 or so, 7/12 or so

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we’ll find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: second U/S scan a week from today! First one showed sac + yolk, so with 12 days in between scans we should (🤞 ) see a heartbeat 

How are you feeling? My nausea is worst at night which I guess is good. I pretty much always feel like napping. 

Raves/Rants: so much gas! 

Questions: not really just trying to CHILL OUT

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Watchmen, The Crown, and always Schitts Creek 

@mehugg my first ultrasound was because I was cramping and they were ruling out ectopic. I didn’t see my doc then, but the reading doctor reviewed the ultrasound and told me all was well. My first prenatal appt was last Friday and they drew a million vials of blood and gave me a big folder of info about hospitals, what fish to eat, what meds I can take, when to call them, etc. And doc did a pelvic exam and breast exam. They said the first appt was the longest (about an hour) and most of the others would be half that time. FTM here, too, so I understand wanting to know what to expect. 

@pocketrose hope your conference is distracting! I’d cry if I had to leave DH. I’m feeling extra clingy (which is not normal for me) and anxious when DH is gone. Hormones are weird. 
  • @mehugg ugh, FIL! That's so obnoxious. I'm sorry. Re: your first appointment, I think it depends on your doctor. My first appointment is next week and they told me I'm seeing my dr first and then I'll go have my US. I would think you'd at least see your dr so he/she could discuss your US with you. You can always call the office and ask! Definitely write down all your questions ahead of time (or put them in a note in your phone) so you don't forget any while you're there. I don't think it's weird at all to ask about your products/vitamins/whatever. I brought in a photo of the label of my prenatals with my fist pregnancy, and I plan to do the same this time just to be sure.

EDD/weeks+days: estimating 7/16, waiting on an actual EDD after my first US

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green!

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming appointments: dating US next Monday!

How are you feeling? TIRED. I fortunately don't have much of any nausea, but I could fall asleep at any time.

Raves/Rants: My ILs are visiting us for Thanksgiving next week, and I'm already annoyed with them. It's going to be a long visit. :neutral: (To clarify, they haven't even done anything specifically, I just know they WILL be annoying and it's not how I want to spend my Thanksgiving, but oh well.)

Questions: I feel like all of my questions right now are logistical ones dealing with DD. Like how/when do I switch her room? Do I move her into a toddler bed or buy another crib? etc. but I'm not letting myself really think about any of that until after the first US and everything looks on track.

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Nothing. :bawling: We just don't seem to have time to watch anything anymore/I'd rather spend my time reading. When we do watch something, we're trying to catch up on This Is Us and The Handmaid's Tale. (Super behind on both.)
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5-ish weeks (since my dates are off, not counting until a dating ultrasound

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: Friday - hopefully dating ultrasound

How are you feeling? Gassy?  Not feeling much, which makes me nervous.

Raves/Rants: N/A

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Rick & Morty!

• Thanks for the tips @stlbuckeye132 and @rachelredhead ! I'm mostly excited to go in and have visual confirmation that this whole thing is real (not "just" pee sticks and blood draws) so naturally I'm channeling that energy into questions and nervousness haha.

@pocketrose sounds like you deserve to give him a little shit! 

@asf0613 That sounds so cute. I'm really excited to tell my family over Thanksgiving too! 

@stlbuckeye132 I'm also thinking about logistics and keep telling myself it's premature - we live in a 2 BR apartment and will probably move into the other BR and make our current room the nursery, and I'm re-configuring furniture all over my apartment....chill out, brain, it's too early to do any of that.

• EDD/weeks+days: July 16/5+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): no. 2 pencil eraser lol

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound Dec. 4

How are you feeling? a little tired, on and off a little queasy, occasional headaches...but mostly excited!!

Raves/Rants: Ugh, so irritable these days! I'm assuming I'm hormonal and irrational and so I'm trying not to express my inner rage to anyone haha!

Questions: Pregnancy read suggestions? (So far, I'm really liking Expecting Better, also like the Mayo Clinic Guide, and not super keen on What to Expect)

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Life in Pieces
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks+4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green! At first I really wanted to find out, but my husband has convinced me to wait until the birth.

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip!

Upcoming appointments: had HCG tests last week (20,866 at 5w5d and 30,717 at 6w1d).  I’m supposed to have my ultrasound Dec 3rd but dr was thinking she might move it up to next week since my hcg is high enough. Crossing fingers!

How are you feeling? Ok. Waves of nausea a few times a day, tender boobs, and TIRED. 

Raves/Rants: my husband surprised me by ordering a 9 month subscription to the bump box.  He hasn’t shown too much emotion/interest yet so this was HUGE! He’s showing me he’s excited in his own way :)

Questions: none yet!

GTKY: What are you watching right now? A Million Little Things- because apparently I’m not hormonal enough and need a show that makes me constantly cry....
  • @megftm I just started reading "Like A Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy" by Angela Garbes and it has been wildly cathartic so far - feels like I'm talking to a friend about things I've observed through my TTC experience and this pregnancy so far. I'm only a chapter in at this point but I'd recommend it!
  • DD/weeks+days:  July 10th, 6wks+ 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  team green

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments:  My first OB appointment is in 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to it.  I have a dermatology appointment 2 days before (which I scheduled before learning I was preggo). My rosacea was super bad during my last ovulation but it has actually cleared up a little since the hormones have kicked in. I'm still keeping the appointment because I'm due for a mole check. 

How are you feeling?  Pretty decent. Although I'm having some lower back pain only at night in bed. I don't think it is pregnancy related; I'm out of shape and need to exercise more. I've been in a cranky mood but mostly keeping it together. 

Raves/Rants:  I told my mom and she is thrilled! This will be her first and probably only grandchild. I'm only having one and my brother is not interested in romance or children (he is on the Autism spectrum and prefers platonic relationships).
    On another note, I'm home because school was cancelled again today due to icy roads. This is the 3rd school cancellation so far this year and it isn't even T-day yet! June is going to be a loooong month for this pregnant teacher.  

Questions: How long do people usually wait before buying maternity clothes? I'm so bloated I look like I'm in my 2nd trimester, and I had a bit of a belly even before I got pregnant. Stretchy pants and flowy tops are my look right now.

GTKY: What are you watching right now? I love crime shows!  I got it from my Grandpa.  I'm in season 11 of NCIS. I've also been listening to books on Audible while I walk, drive, or do crafts. I just finished Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead which was beautiful but heart-breaking. I'm about to start The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes.
  • @dancingtreepose I just reserved The Nickel Boys by Whitehead at the library and am looking forward to reading that.
  • @dancingtreepose my skin is a disaster normally, but it was clear and beautiful when I was pregnant with DD. Hopefully yours gets better with pregnancy too! (Although I'm still waiting for mine to clear up this time around, and I'd rather have clear skin not pregnant and not great skin while pregnant than the other way around, but oh well. You gotta find the silver linings. :lol: )
  • Thanks! I’ll definitely check it out. Sounds totally up my alley 😊
  • edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 7.weeks 1 day! July 10!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out asap!

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments: December 3rd first OB phone call to schedule US!

How are you feeling? nauseous but only at 4am, and so so so exhausted. 

Raves/Rants: I am SO sick right now. Terrible terrible cold. And I'm very anti meds so I'm trying to stick it out but man oh man it's hard. 

Questions: how soon did you have your first US? with my first baby we had one at 7 weeks, with this pregnancy it will be well after 9 weeks before we have one which is weird to me. 

GTKY: What are you watching right now?
    The office :smile: