Group 3 Check In (3/17-3/24) w/o 11/11

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been?
Me: 32 | DH: 35
Married: 8/22/15
BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Group 3 Check In (3/17-3/24) w/o 11/11

• EDD/W+D: 3/18, 21w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): least weasel (lol thanks ovia app)

Cravings/Aversions: less of both lately. I had way more cravings and aversions with DS. I have been doing a lot of rage eating today though. 

Upcoming appts: next tues. will have to bring DS...fun times. 

Rants/Raves: DH is in India for work and my mom came to visit to help with DS, but all my mom and I are doing is fighting. I’m just tired and sad and angry. 

Questions: none really. I was really freaking out yesterday bc baby hadn’t moved much but today she is smacking me. I remember this with DS (days where he would not kick me no matter what I did—cold water, food, tummy jiggles, jumping—and then days he kicked all day), but I hate the no kick days. So stressful. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been? Whenever I make a GTKY Q, I can’t think of an answer to my own Q ha. It used to be Rome. I was so enamored and am still am. India was probably the most astounding place I’ve been. But that also might be on my brain since DH is there for work. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope I'm sorry you and your mom are fighting! Boo. I hope her being there is at least helpful w/ DS, despite the negatives?

EDD/W+D
    : 3/21; 21w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we know; not telling (yet)

Baby is the size of a(n): carrot...

Cravings/Aversions: I don't eat meat on the reg., but I saw an Arbys commercial the other night--and made DH make me a steak tonight. So that. Though normally sweets are my #1 go to these days. And apple juice!

Upcoming appts: Not til Dec.!

Rants/Raves: I feel like it's the end of the week and the week has just begun and I am behind on grading. / I am splurging on TSA Precheck for myself, and my appointment is tomorrow. I finally pooped after two days of not pooping! But now I'm afraid I drank tooo much prune juice in desperation lol. IT IS SO COLD HERE. We are having a deep freeze tonight, which RARELY happens here. I'm annoyed at making the Precheck appointment for myself for tomorrow without realizing it's going to be... so wicked cold out, and bc I live where I live I have no winter coat here. Just a variety of jackets.... Guess I'll be dressing in many layers tomorrow when I leave the house.

Questions: Do yall have any  pregnancy habits/patterns that are particular to your being pregnant? I was thinking this because I have been taking my showers at weird times of the day--usually in the afternoon. Like, I've taken them at night before instead of the morning for a spell here and there, but lately I've been showering at random times in the afternoon strictly lol.

GTKY: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been? I've always said the Festival grounds where DH and I met is my favorite place in the world--probably still true, but the most beautiful place I've been is to Lake Martin in Louisiana.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 3/18, 22 weeks today 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Cravings/Aversions:  Just food every two hours. Starting to wake up hungry at night which isn’t fun. 

Upcoming appts: November 18th

Rants/Raves: Rants. Still so angry at my job for lack of paid delivery time. Waiting to talk to my doctor about my cs but it will prob be before 40 weeks. Idk if I’m just over being a teacher but the amount they ask us to do at our school plus the terrible pay is not realistic with life. I’m starting to resent it and refusing to do work at home. DD will only be three for so long. 

Questions: No questions. Just ready for the holidays to be here so we can move into the final pregnancy stages. 

We typically do a gulf coast Florida vacation and love it there but last summer we went to the Outer Banks and it was perfect. Just anywhere with a beach, warm weather, and family is good for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @silverhope sorry to hear about your mom! My mom is our primary childcare provider and it can get complicated sometimes! 

@kagesstarshroom
    We’re mostly vegetarian and I’ve been so averse to meat, but recently craving it too! Needed fried chicken the other night.

@A@AAAG13  (can’t fix this tag, ugh, mobile bump...) I find it kind of maddening when women-dominated fields have the crappiest family policies...

EDD/W+D
    : 3/18, 22 weeks! WHAT? 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: female 

Baby is the size of a(n): ear of corn! 

Cravings/Aversions:  I needed pineapple pizza after all this talk last week. 

Upcoming appts: Next Thursday. 

Rants/Raves: Hmm. Just loving having a toddler lately. It’s so fun now that we can, like, bake together. Yesterday we were playing under a blanket and she said, “Happy Mama Happy YiaYia (what she calls herself) Happy Blanket” and then I whispered, “I love you” and then she whispered “I love you” back... and... I die

Questions: None!

I hiked to the top of Sourdough Mountain in the Northern Cascades by myself when I was 26 or 27 and it was just the most beautiful. My husband and I have backpacked through the bold coast in northern Maine (practically Canada) a few times and we got engaged there, so that’s a favorite, too. 
  • @aag13 Also team Ready for the Holidays to Be Here.

@orbmaker Aw, I'm glad you're getting some good moments w/ yr kiddo. <3 And, yeah, I think I will be eating more meat sooner rather than later... I am going to try to get my hands on some salmon for tonight I think.
  • @silverhope oh girl, I feel you with fighting with your mom! My mom is like my best friend, but we are so similar that we are constantly arguing. Pretty much like sisters. She will be babysitting 2x a week once baby gets here, so I’m a bit nervous for that. She was already telling me “You can’t tell us when we can visit” when I was telling her I’m making boundaries on hospital and house visits after the baby is born. So I had to put down the law real quick lol also, I haven’t been feeling baby much at all - anterior placenta. So I’ve been feeling frustrated and worried as well. ALSO, Rome is freaking AMAZING. One of my fave places.

@kagesstarshroom  oh man I can’t stand the cold!! That’s why I live in California. Went to New York last week and froze my ass off haha

@AAAG13 love Florida too. If I didn’t live in CA, I would live there for sure! 

@orbmaker  your story of you and your daughter made me tear up. Can’t wait for those priceless moments!

• EDD/W+D: 3/24, 21w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 🌸

Baby is the size of a(n): kool-aid burst 

Cravings/Aversions: Sweets but I mean, I’ve always craved sweets lol and also spicy things: Doritos flaming hot, buffalo wings 

Upcoming appts: nothing until dec 18th for 26w check up and GD and anemia testing. Ugh so far away.

Rants/Raves: Raves: Went to New York last week, cool place! All the food was amazing and Harry Potter & the Cursed Child on Broadway was epic. Rants: Still not feeling baby move regularly and driving me nuts. Some days I’m like is that her? Most days, nothing. Stupid anterior placenta. 

Questions: Nothing really.

GTKY: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been? FREAKING THAILAND!!!!! Got to feed and wash elephants (don’t ride them please people!!!), floating market, glamping in the middle of the rainforest, most beautiful beaches...I mean seriously peeps, put this place on ur bucket list!! 
  • @mrsc918 We are thinking of moving back to the philly area, though i love the south for the weather--and the better driving experiences. oh i'm so jealous you got to see HP&tCC on Broadway! I've also got an anterior placenta, so I am grateful for every mov't I feel!
  • kagesstarshroom my only weird pregnancy routine thing is I’ve been too lazy to wash my face. I got really into skincare two years ago and have had a 3-5 step routine every night. Lately it’s been cut to one step at least twice a week—just a make up wipe. 

EDD/W+D
    : 3/20/20 (21+6)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball cap

Cravings/Aversions: I’m just hungry af

Upcoming appts: Tuesday!

Rants/Raves: I really should go back to the gym but I cannot motivate myself or make the time. Also DD has been SO sweet and fun and also SO volatile lately. She’s exhausting. 

Questions: none atm

GTKY: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been? Maui. I just want to be on a warm beach with sea turtles. I think I just idealize the place because we were there for our honeymoon, but it was awesome. My “happy place” is definitely on the beach with a drink in my hand watching whales breaching in the distance.