Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) week of 11/11

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to make or just enjoy?

Re: Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) week of 11/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsvp614 I totally feel you on ALL the maternity clothes. I can’t stop. And the worst part is, the last three pairs of jeans I got don’t fit and they aren’t returnable and they aren’t selling on marketplace 😭. I’m at a loss. 
  • Options
    @varimama my belly button is the exact same!!! Half innie, half outie. It’s the most bizarre thing. Mine never popped with my other two but I’m guessing it will this time since it has already started. Lol
  • Options
    @emilyace I liked my Ameda Purely Yours. It came with a lot more than the other pumps and I loved that it was a closed system. But I didn’t pump regularly once my supply was established bc I stayed home and DS refuses bottles. I just used it occasionally at that point. Open systems like the popular Medela PISA gross me out. 

@aerie_star I’m so sorry about your moms moving experience. I had a similar thing happen right out of college. I was too naive and scared and to get the police involved though I should have. They ended up making me pay 4x more than they quoted and they didn’t deliver my stuff for almost a month after the agreed upon date. Most of my stuff was broken. It was awful. 

@mrsvp614 hope your DS feels better soon and I’m with you on not sleeping well! Your trip sounds like fun! 

@miss.sally glad I’m not the only one with a weird belly button. Mine didn’t pop last time it just kind of disappeared and went flat, I assumed the same would happen this time but I guess not 🤣
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @varimama My belly button is also half in and half out. It didn't pop last time either, so I'm just.. surprised at how quickly its changing. 

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/10  23+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Box of Mac n Cheese 

Cravings/Aversions: Grilled cheese or Egg and Cheese sandwiches! 

Upcoming appts: Dec. 2nd regular OB and a follow up U/S to get the pics they missed at the Anatomy Scan.

Rants/Raves: Raves: So happy Disney+ is here!! I already started watching some childhood faves. 

Questions: None that I can think of at the moment.  

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to make or just enjoy? I love all the holiday food lol I like to make green beans with bacon and pumpkin choc.chip cookies. My husband loves stuffing and I have never made it before so I am going to try and find a good recipe and make it for him.
  • Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited November 2019
    @aerie_star I'm so sorry to hear about your moving experience! That sounds like a nightmare, especially with your mom being ill. I hope you get things sorted quickly. 

EDD/W+D: 3/12 23 weeks tomorrow 
    Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink
    Baby is the size of a(n): 11.5 inches
    Cravings/Aversions:  root beer 24/7 although I'm sticking to one a day. @miss.sally I craved hot chocolate so hard last pregnancy! 
    Upcoming appts: check up with midwife on 11/25
    Rants/Raves: yesterday I went to my car to go to work and couldn't find it! I thought it was stolen, but it was towed because my tabs were expired!! My dad was home watching DD so he dadded me so hard about it, which was the last thing I needed. Yes dad, I know I should have taken care of this in a timely manor. It turns out that the tab reminders still get mailed to him (he gave me his car when I divorced and gave my dummy ex our car) so it was at least a little bit is fault too. I teach personal finance, so i was able to laugh it off with my students and give them a real example of how bad things happen when you don't pay your bills on time. 
    Questions: none
    I love ham so much. Like so much that I've had my friends over for honey baked ham on my birthday in June just because I love it so much. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 10

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: No huge cravings this week, but still having a chicken aversion... which is unfortunate, because DH is trying to diet and he wants chicken for a lot of meals.  

Upcoming appts: Dec 2, regular check-up

Rants/Raves: Rave, I'm so excited for the holidays coming up, though I'm not loving that Christmas falls in the middle of the week this year.  I'm excited to go Christmas shopping for the kids.. I already have some ideas in mind. DS needs some toys that aren't cars!  

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to make or just enjoy? I really like making sugar cookies and decorating them with DD (it's become a tradition for us).  I also like making pretzels dipped in almond bark.  I'm a big fan of apple cider, too, which I usually make around the holidays.

@emilyace, I used the Medela pump that was provided by my insurance, and it worked great for me.  I have tried a few manual hand pumps as well, those worked ok for me in a pinch.
    @aerie_star, bummer about the movers.  :(
    @mrsvp614, have fun this weekend!
    @varimama, my DS has been a bear to potty train as well.. he's 3.5 and still not fully trained (though he has been doing a little better lately.)  I definitely wasn't expecting it to take this long, DD was much easier to train.
    @miss.sally, I hear you on the maternity jeans.. I had some left over from my last pregnancy that I was hoping to wear, and they all fit weird now - either too tight or too baggy in all the wrong places.  I hate having to invest in all new stuff just for a couple of months of wear.
  • Options
    @stassischroeder I wouldn't worry about baby's position yet. DS1 was either breech or transverse until at least 30 weeks last time. Maybe ask your doc next time about timing, but I don't think it matters now. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 03/11/20 / 23 wks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit / Bunch of grapes

Cravings/Aversions: I've just been craving sweets. Before I was pregnant, it was so easy for me to stay away from them, but now I want desserts or candy all the time.

Upcoming appts: Tomorrow I have an appt to get a fetal echocardiogram and I'm so anxious. Regular check-up on Nov 26th; will do the glucose test then.

Rants: In my follow-up A/S, I was told that the baby's heart is fully formed and has all 4 chambers, however, they said there's one area between 2 chambers that doesn't appear to be fully formed. This could be because of baby's position which didn't allow them to get a full view, so my Dr. told me not to be too stressed. But I am definitely stressed because I now have to see a pediatric cardiologist for a fetal echocardiogram which is a more specialized ultrasound that is focused on the heart and checking the blood flow. I'm glad the appt is tomorrow and I'm hoping that I can get the results back ASAP.

Raves: Even through all the anxiety, everytime I feel baby move/kick, I feel relieved and it calms me down.

Questions: No questions this week, I can't think of anything other than this echocardiogram.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to make or just enjoy? I enjoy making baked mac & cheese and of course I enjoy eating it as well. I also very much enjoy eating apple pie and sweet potato pie.

@mrsvp614 I have the same issue with maternity clothes! I keep buying more and more but I'm making sure that whatever I buy can be worn and still be cute after pregnancy (except the bottoms, jeans/skirts). I have bought a load of dresses and sweatshirts.

@stassischroeder my baby is currently breech as well, but my Dr. let me know that there's a chance he'll flip before birth since he's still really small and has a lot of room to move around.
  • Options
    @aerie_star I’m so sorry about your moving experience with your mom. It sounds terrible and not at all like something you and your sister should be dealing with while pregnant.

@miss.sally All the maternity jeans are awful. Mine are all too stretchy and no matter how many times I dry them they are falling down halfway through the day. Holding a toddler certainly doesn’t help, one of these days they’re gonna fall off in public and I won’t even notice. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I love the used of “dadded” as a verb 🤣 

@varimama If the potty is that traumatic for him maybe he’s truly not ready. They say boys take longer. There’s no harm in waiting. Plus, a toddler in diapers is easier than a potty trained toddler any day. (Is that a UO?)
  • Options
    @stassischroeder this LO is breech also. DS was until 30-something weeks and I actually remember him flipping around because it was the most intense painful movement. It felt like he actually stood up against my back and did a flip. It was so insane. My whole belly did a crazy dance. Haha. They don’t worry until much later. 
  • Options
    @varimama, I tried numerous times when DS was 2 to get him interested, to no avail.  He finally started getting interested at 3 with candy or fruit snacks as a bribe - I was able to get him to poop in the potty all of the time (by giving him a treat afterwards), but he still didn't seem to understand peeing - even after putting him in underwear and letting him feel the sensation of being wet.  now he is going pee every once in awhile, but we still have a ways to go, as he prefers to just go in his pull-up.  he's taking longer to 'want' to do it, I remember DD wanting to do it at 2 after seeing kids at daycare going, and she pretty much trained herself because she wanted to be a 'big kid' - her daycare was really good about taking her to the bathroom all day, too, which helped. DD was fully trained by 2.5 and only wearing pull ups at night.   I think it's more a matter of them really having the motivation and wanting to do it themselves, and that's probably going to be different for every kid... can't really force it before they're ready (not without a lot of tears and power struggles, anyway).... I'm definitely learning that with DS and his stubbornness.    
  • Options
    @treetop19 that makes sense. Yea we tried candy, toys, stickers, prizes and nothing seems to make him even slightly interested. He’d just rather go in his pull up. He’s in pull ups bc they are cheaper than the size 7 diapers he needs. He literally doesn’t care if he is wet or has poop in his diaper. I guess I just need to be patient. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Hi ladies!  As always, I'm late to the game... but better late than never, right?  I always pop in on Monday and see the threads but right when I start getting ready to respond, work gets hectic and I have to stop.  So annoying!  

I'm also just not doing well, emotionally, lately.  Another reason I've been so absent, and I'm sorry for that.

EDD/W+D: Due March 13th (Friday the 13th!  People get so "Oh no, I'm sorry"ish when I say that though).  I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow :) 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team PINK!  Pardon my French, but I will straight shit a brick if I deliver this baby and it's a boy after this whole whirlwind of finding out  :D

Baby is the size of a(n): FURBY!  Lol

Cravings/Aversions: I'm always craving Arby's roast beef sandwiches.  I actually cried about it last weekend when I was THISCLOSE to going and picking up Arby's for lunch while my partner was priming the walls of the nursery and he changed his mind that he wanted food from the deli his friends own.  Sure, it was cheaper to get deli food and it's closer to our house... but man, I had my heart set on that roast beef.  I'm still upset about it, actually. I'm going to need a roast beef from there soon.  Aside from that, I crave all the cheese ever (especially quesadillas and queso dip) and then all the sweet stuff too.  I've been ordering slices of chocolate cake from places whenever we go out to eat, or milkshakes even though it's brutally cold outside.  But I want what I want, dang it!

Upcoming appts: I have an appointment a week from today on the 22nd for the glucose test and a general checkup.  I also am getting another U/S because they weren't able to get one of the measurements necessary during the anatomy scan last month.  I'm definitely not complaining about getting to see the LO again!  I just love her so much.  I'm a little apprehensive about the glucose test, but I'm sure it'll be fine.  I can handle a sugary drink!  I just hope the results are in my favor...

Rants/Raves:

BIG RAVE — I have been feeling this little baby girl move around and it is AMAZING.  It is so, so reassuring for my PGAL brain.  Although, now I find myself getting anxious when I HAVEN'T felt her move around much (silly anterior placenta). 

Sad rant — I am feeling so completely overwhelmed lately with life. I likely need to start Zoloft (I know, I know, I sound like the worst broken record since I've been going back and forth on this for forever) but my partner is soooooo against it, so I've held off.  I feel like I'm legitimately losing control of my thoughts and feelings, though.  I live my life on autopilot.  Nothing is enjoyable.  Nothing is fun.  I love being at home with my dogs and cat (and partner) but I don't really do anything while I'm there except putter around.  I don't even really enjoy cross-stitching the way I used to.  I can't focus at work or at home.  I'm scared to drive now (thanks accident).  All the signs point to untreated clinical depression (with pregnancy hormones on top of it), so I need to just have the tough conversation with my partner and start the medication.  My life has been a whirlwind of craziness starting with the entire month of October and I just know that I function better with medication, but he thinks I should hold off, though.  :(  My PGAL brain has managed to hold on to the Worst Case Scenarios I read about a few months ago about babies with heart conditions due to antidepressants even though I realize that risk is small (and a few of my personal friends were on antidepressants during their pregnancies and have amazingly healthy kiddos).  I wish someone would just shake some sense into me (well, not physically, but mentally).  

Questions: How the heck does anyone decide on what they want to register for?  I need to work on my registry, but every time I get started, I get overwhelmed by how many different options there are for EVERYTHING.  And I'm totally clueless about pretty much all of it.  So I just quit and figure I'll try again a different day.  But then a different day rolls around and it happens all over again, lol. I've got like three different crib mattresses on my registry right now just because I don't know the difference between them.  I haven't even chosen a breast pump or milk storage or bottle cleaners or anything because there are just so many options and I don't know where to start.  The product spotlights on this forum are SO helpful but again, people recommend different things and then I'm back at square one.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday dish to make or just enjoy?  I LOVE making Christmas cookies.  All the kinds!  They're super easy though.  I really love cheesy broccoli casserole as well, and green bean casserole too!  Oh and homemade mashed potatoes.  I'm just hungry right now.
  • Options
    @Malidocious So many things you just mentioned make me hungry! Ha!
    You should definitely have that conversation with your partner and do what's best for you. Not to scare you, but things will likely get more intense when the baby is here, especially those first few months, so I feel like it's best to get ahead of it now, and make adjustments along the way.
    Also, I found that Lucie's list was a big help when making my registry the first time around. It really helped me compare products and figure out what I did and didn't need. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @Malidocious on the registry, I highly recommend Lucies List and going to stores and touching/trying things out. I spent probably days in the end in buy buy baby and babies r us when I was expecting my daughter. You can also ask friends who have recently had babies what products they like best. 

On the Zoloft thing, you definitely need to do what’s best for you. One of my friends had untreated depression while pregnant and she did go on Zoloft and it helped her through. She was in a really scary place for a while though before she admitted she needed treatment. She’s still on it postpartum and doing great. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D12 March/23+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/greenPink, confirmed!

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Cravings/Aversions: Craving bread and ice cream and cheese and honestly, just things that aren't great for me. It's definitely winter time. Next week I'll make some vegetables for lunches so that I can go back to carbs for Thanksgiving.

Upcoming appts: Just checkups from here on out. MFM next week, OB week after. I have some weird itchy spots on my skin that terrify me, so I'm glad I have an appointment soon.

Rants/Raves: Our babymoon in Nassau was a good time. It was nice to just sit around and not feel bad about it. Luckily I got my bad sunburn after the massage and not before.

I'm beginning to form that outie bellybutton. I'm not a fan.

I got a new boss this week which means re-doing a lot of "maternity leave" (it's really just getting permission to use my own accrued leave for an extended period of time) paperwork and that's a PITA. Also finding out what childcare options are available is going to affect what leave I can actually take so that's another fun task.

Questions: One thing I'm not sure of is how far up in my abdomen my baby can reach... Obviously she's hanging out in the usual uterus spot, messing with my digestive system and bladder, but I've been feeling what resemble movements up closer to my lungs as well. That's probably just a muscle twitch though right?

It's a bit stereotypical but I really like stuffing, simply because of its once-a-year nature. This year I'm on the hook for a vegetable and a dessert, so I'm making a pumpkin cranberry pie and likely brussels sprouts of some sort.
  • Options
    @mrsvp614 Lol just re-reading the part I wrote about Thanksgiving foods has made my stomach start growling audibly!  I'm so ready!  

@mrsvp614 @aerie_star THANK YOU for your kind words and advice.  I know that medication works best for me; I just have a silly PGAL brain that never quits and a partner who hates modern medicine, so I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  I absolutely planned on getting back on an antidepressant the second the baby is born because I KNOW I will not be able to handle postpartum without it (probably Zoloft since it's the safest for a baby, including during breastfeeding). I just really thought I'd be able to make it through the pregnancy portion of everything without needing it, but that's proving to be difficult.  I need it, clearly.  I'm not in a good place at all and things are getting worse, it feels.  I thought I was doing better for a few days but the last week was a nightmare.  I'm surprised I can get out of bed in the mornings, though I'm running later and later each day.  Living only to get back to my safe spot on the couch... it's not great, and I feel silly admitting to it.

I'll check out Lucie's List for the registry!!!  I was feeling totally overwhelmed with baby stuff and abso-freakin'-lutely clueless where to start.  Thank you!!  :) 
  • Options
    @mauvelousone I am having some dry, itchy spots on my skin too!!  Mostly my face, oddly.  It's soooo weird and I do NOT appreciate the redness.  My stomach is itchy too (which I expected), but no splotchy skin there.