Group 1 (May 1-8) Check In 11/11

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check In 11/11

• EDD/weeks+days: May 5 / 14+6 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pear. 

Upcoming appointments: Nov 22. 

How are you feeling? Still nauseous 85% of the time, no real appetite. I started with the sporadic headaches last week (yay! Second trimester) and have been up consistently between 1-3am every night the past five days. 

Raves/Rants: I’m so hungry but no food appeals to me and I’m still puking sporadically. I’ve been sleeping with my sea bands on this week to help with the middle of the night nausea that suddenly started up. I’m just ready for my glow! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? Neither mine or MH’s family really cooks. But I cook a lot. Our favorite is bulgogi beef (we lived in Korea for two years). 
  • @rox7777 Thanks for starting!  I had a crazy day yesterday and was honestly feeling a little bit defensive of all the recent comments about the check-ins being too structured and the board too organized, so I needed a break from starting all the threads.   :#  Plus I'm running out of good GTKY questions.  Really sorry you're still feeling blah, but I laughed at "I'm just ready for my glow!"  :lol:

EDD/weeks+days: May 7 / 14+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n):peach

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until AS in a month

How are you feeling?  Pretty good!

Raves/Rants:  I got most of m ranting out yesterday.  Today I'm just tired because DS woke up at 2am coughing and then I couldn't fall back to sleep until 3am.  Then I had some bad dreams and just didn't sleep great.

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?  So many.  It's hard to pick one!  Lots of baking recipes like apple spice cake, the best, chewiest, fudgiest brownies... oh and MH's memere made these amazing peanut butter balls that she gave me the recipe for when we got married.  She passed away a year ago, so I like to make them for MH to carry on her legacy.  That might be the most special one.  Oh and we also use my Nana's spaghetti sauce recipe and now MH won't make sauce any other way.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll I’ve been on the bump since 2013 (lurked with DS1) and I can tell you that the structure really does make it 1,000 times better. I can’t tell you how many “can you tell the sex based on my blurry US photo?” “Is my symptom too weird?” And “boo, my life” posts we used to get back then. Nope, no thanks! 

I know the glow likely isn’t coming and I really can’t complain because while I was high risk with the boys, I felt attractive the whole time. This time I’m like wah, acne. Ew, greasy hair. Blah, can’t eat and smell like puke. I’ll settle for a little glow. 
  • @rox7777 I feel like no matter what you do, people love to complain, but seldom actually try to do anything about it.  We didn't just make up the rules the way we wanted.  We carried over from recent BMBs because it's what seems to work.  It doesn't mean it's set in stone.  I guess I just really get annoyed by complaints when they're not accompanied by any productive suggestions of how people would like to see it work instead.  I 100% agree that a board full of one-off posts just doesn't work.  I want a community where I can actually get to know the people who are in here, and not just shout my own stuff into a black hole.  

Anyway... I've heard it say that girls steal your beauty.  My aunt who has one boy and one girl swears by that one.  She said she was glowing with her son and then was a horrifying ogre with her daughter.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I feel like a lot of people
    might not have been around for the giant ban hammer of 2015. I’m pretty laidback in my postings but I still have warnings in my inbox on the most bizarre posts from back then. I even got warned for telling someone that “no I couldn’t see a vagina on a 9 week ultrasound”. 🤦🏻‍♀️

That’s what everyone tells me. My mom had 3 girls and swears that it was exactly like what I’m experiencing. I told MH I’d gladly be sick the whole nine months if we got a girl. Apparently I put that out there all too easily. 
  • @rox7777 I got one for posting a Mr. Rogers "where is tall man" GIF in response to a drive-by wishing infertility upon everyone.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I have to agree with @rox7777 though 2012-13 was fun, it was cray cray (anyone remember the saga of "Jessandtim"?). So it is nice to have more structure. Also like you said no matter what goes on someone is going to complain so it is what it is. 
  • laurasaurusslaurasauruss member
    edited November 2019
    @shamrocandroll @rox7777 I always heard that girls steal your beauty, but with my daughter I looked (if I can say so myself lol) AMAZING. My hair, skin, nails were all on point. I used to joke that the excessive amount of water and lack of alcohol is what did it. This time around though..  :|

EDD/weeks+days: May 5/ 15+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado! 

Upcoming appointments: none until anatomy scan on dec 10

How are you feeling? I’m finally getting over my cold so my energy is back but still nauseous most of the day. 

Raves/Rants: My partner said he’d take the night wakings once I got back to work (in August) and even though my daughter sleeps through the night most days, there’s the occasional 5am wake up or the VERY rare midnight or 2am and he sleeps through it.. so I’m feeling a little defeated in that area. Two nights ago she not only gave us hell for bedtime but then woke up before midnight and all three of us were up from 11:45-2:30 and we just took turns trying to get her down. I eventually resorted to pulling out the sofa bed and nursing her to sleep then rolling away to the edge of it. He did try, even warmed up frozen milk which she guzzled down and then still refused to sleep. I guess I’m just resentful :lol: and very sleepy

Questions: nope 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My MIL is a beast with the sweets during Christmas time, and she makes these peanut butter chocolate bars that are to die for. I swear I gain 5kg just spending a week there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @rox7777 lol still patiently waiting for my glow also- my face is breaking out really bad. 

@shamrocandroll lol i've noticed a lot of the GTKY on here have all been food related- very pregnancy stereotypical I feel. Glad you got your ranting out- it was justified.

@laurasauruss yeah my husband said he'd take the night when we're both on leave but I'm the super light sleeper so I'm a little skeptical with how well that will go. I'm the one nudging him in the mornings to turn off his alarm and I always have trouble going back to bed. Sounds good in theory but in practicality not always

EDD/weeks+days: 15+6
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Girl
    Baby is the size of a(n): light bulb
    Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for my third apt, 16ish week check-in.
    How are you feeling? Still occasionally sick but much better. I'm still 11 lbs down and not showing at all which isn't making me feel great. I was only about 11 lbs up from my goal weight to begin with so feeling a little nervous about this doctors
    Raves/Rants: My brother has gotten married and a different future sister-in-law had her bachelorette in New Orleans so while being a sober observer is fun, I definitely had some FOMO
    Questions: nope

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?Not really but I have learned that the Sweet potato casseroles i enjoy have a TON of cinnamon and vanilla in it- so if this is one of your dishes I recommend going all in on those two ingredients (along with marshmellows of course)