March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/11

Let’s start randoming! 

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @momoftoddlers we are doing thanksgiving solo! I was all excited to try and do it all ourselves, but then I made homemade raviolis yesterday and needed the freakin heating pad for my back afterward!! Now I'm scared to cook all day! 
    @kailanae while I'm sure proximity can be tough sometimes, that is awesome for holiday traveling!! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom girl I was so frickin over it. I ran out of my pasta dough with about half of my filling left, so I just boiled shells and stuffed em at that point. but the stuffed shells were an A+ lunch today! hah
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom I need the excuse of hosting to clean too! I know week before I’ll be kicking myself but I’m so behind. I too am struggling to keep up with just laundry and dishes so a lot has been neglected. I’ll feel better once it’s all clean. I’m trying to talk DH into hiring someone to do a deep clean right before baby is due. He’s not thrilled with the idea though so it probably won’t happen 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Ah I totally forgot about Friendsgivings.  We actually have two this year - one on 11/23 and one on 12/7.  I haven't decided what to bring to either yet.  One is with two other couples from church that we have recently been hanging out with over the past few months, and the other is with friends from when I was in high school.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options

@varimama, a cousins-giving sounds interesting!  that's something I would give a shot if any of my cousins lived closer...

@mrsvp614, I think I have the fondest memories of low-key thanksgivings, too - I grew up with the traditional, large, loud thanksgivings (I have 20 cousins on just my dad's side.)    my favorite one, though, has got to be the first one I had with DH, just the two of us and DD, where we went all out with the food, cooking together,  and just chilled and ate/talked most of the day. it was so much more relaxing... so it's become kind of a tradition for us to not travel and just do an immediate family Thanksgiving (though some years we have also went over to a friend's house and joined them for their family Thanksgiving as well.)   it'll be just us this year and I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom oh we’d have to do a lot to get ready for a cleaner too but DH is all like I don’t want someone going through my stuff... I’m like dude she’s not digging through your sock drawer looking for things she’d be cleaning... but he’s still uncomfortable with it. Maybe I’ll make him deep clean 😂 jk...mostly. (For the record he’s great about picking up the vacuum or whatever when I ask him to it just usually falls on me bc he works in and takes care of outside stuff!). 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Coming to rant....I found out at my appt on Friday that the OB/birthing clinic I go to is closing down in December. I have to find a new doctor and place to deliver, plus deal with tricare referral stuff for that. Such is military life, but I am annoyed!! They were referring a lot of people out already if you had the slightest bit of "risk" or anything like that, and I was proud of myself for being able to stay there. 
  • Options
    @vrstrawn Sorry to hear that! Super annoying. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Thanksgiving plans- driving two hours one way to see my dad’s family. In all honesty I can not stand my dad but his parents (DD’s great-grandparents) love seeing DD and it’s getting harder for them to travel. We will go there for Thanksgiving and Christmas but I have already announced we aren’t coming for Easter. For Easter we will do an egg hunt with my bff and her littles. It’s much more kid friendly as DD is the only person under 18 in my family. I try to avoid my in-laws as much as possible, honestly so does DH. 

@stassischroeder is it to late to drag the stool out now? I usually do two hours of food prep on Sunday and had to sit down twice in that period. I forgot about this lovely side of pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanksgiving yay!!! Sorry, this is going to be long...DH's family alternates holidays because there are so many of them in so many different areas (6 boys all together, 3 bio and 3 bio matching in ages like the Brady Bunch, super cute), the get together holiday is Christmas this year. For some crazy reason, his family planned their father/stepfather's 70th bday down in Austin December 5-9...adult only, because the two boys that live there do not have kids and one is feeling ostracized from the kid centered activities that have overcome the family, so they decided to use this event to reconnect all the adults, cool idea, horrible timing, a week after Thanksgiving...3 weeks before we all get together for Christmas!!! WTH!! So instead of trying to travel twice so close together, we coordinated with some of my family who are also luckily in Austin to celebrate a late Thanksgiving with them for two days Dec 5-6, and do the bday celebration for two days while my sister watches the kids. It was suggested that we get a sitter in OKC for the full four days/nights y'all...while we are six hours away in Austin. 
    So, we were really excited to attend a Friendsgiving in Tulsa that we've missed out on for years. But, because my family is non-traditional and don't really stick to holiday get togethers, MIL is always creeping in on US for the holiday that isn't theirs, like 'what, you won't be with family, blasphemy'!! So she drops on me the other day that she and DH's stepdad will come down here for Thanksgiving and we can have my daughter's bday party that weekend, etc., all planned out. She means well but she will straight up plan out your life if you let her. Well I didn't feel that I could say 'sorry we're going to a friends house', but DH says that's what he wants to do, so I'm making him put in that call to his mom even though she will still think I am behind that move. We will see how this plays out...
    Good luck to those of you driving and hosting, at least we don't have to do that part!!
    @EmilyLove25 that is so loooonnng but sounds fun!! Road trips are the only time DH and I get any adult conversation in after they fall asleep!!
    @corgmom No advice on logistics but sounds yummy so save for Christmas?
    @varimama Just the thought of a deep clean makes me feel so relaxed and refreshed, do ittttttttt!! 
    @mrsvp614 So sweet that he proposed on your favorite holiday, makes it extra special every year!!
  • Options
    Y’all. We left to go to DDs ice skating lesson. It took me 45 minutes to go a mile and a half. So we turned around and came home. The ice rink is usually a 15 min drive. We didn’t even make it 1/8th of the way. The roads were so bad. And H had the only car with 4wd at work with him. I was terrified driving my pregnant self and two kids in my little Honda Fit! I got home and stress ate two bowls of pasta and at least 4 pieces of Halloween candy. Lol. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally good idea turning around. Glad you guys are safe! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @miss.sally i don’t feel like getting into it bc I am trying to wind down, but feel you on the stress eating today. I actually now feel sick bc of how much rage eating I was doing.

If DS would just go back to sleep, maybe tomorrow will be a new day. Hope the roads are less treacherous for u tmrw!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @pdx2020 I'm in Portland today and took your rec and went to Pok Pok! I didn't have a drinking vinegar, but had about half of a "low proof" cocktail made with a bit of grapefruit cider, soda and biters. TBH, it probably would have been just as good without the cider. Loved the food and we got Salt and Straw for dessert. Thanks! 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 ahh, so good! They sell the drinking vinegars in New Seasons around here if you want some for the road, haha. Sounds like a delicious day 🤤
  • Options
    @pdx2020 I might have to grab some!! 
  • Options
    stac4056stac4056 member
    edited November 2019
    @miss.sally Inclement weather traffic is the worst!!!! Not sure if that is true, I hate all traffic but that sounds stressful!! Glad you guys made it back safely and you deserved the pasta and candy!!
  • Options
    @miss.sally I'd have turned around too!  Screw that!  I hate driving in the snow/ice, and our roads are so terrible right now too.  I already am nervous driving since the accident last month, so adding snow and ice to the mix has been brutal.  
  • Options
    H is getting a total hip replacement next month and we went to his pre-op appointment today. It was supposed to be 2 hours but he misheard them. We were at the hospital for 5.5 hours. It was so boring for me. I’m glad he’s getting it done but whew. I need a nap.