January 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in All Groups w/o 11/11

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants?

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest?

Re: Weekly Check-in All Groups w/o 11/11

• Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 **major lurk alert** I also would like your freezer meal resource lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @kbrown2385 Yes please share your resources!! I need to start thinking about this.

@ponyoisfun yay for DD for sleeping in her own bed. THat's huge!

@leprechaunlady sorry about your blood sugar. That sucks. DH also went out for a few hours yesterday evening and it was glorious to have the whole house to myself and watch MY shows while I played a computer game while doing laundry LOL.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • EDD/Weeks + days: January 8th/31w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus or a license plate today!

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday 

How are you feeling? I've been battling a cold since last week...I don't recall ever having a significant cold during my 1st pregnancy and I'll just say that colds during pregnancy suck ass and pretty much confirmed for me that I'm done with pregnancy after this one.  I legit googled if coughing could send me into pre-term labor and my husband just doesn't fucking get it.  

Raves/Rants?  Besides colds during pregnancy...rants: how much husbands just don't understand how shitty pregnancy can be at times.  You guys, it's fucking hard at times!  (Sorry I'm being whiney again.)  I pretty much decided this weekend that my husband for sure needs a vasectomy once we're done with kids to pull his own damn weight. ✂️✂️

During pregnancy? Smell.  Minus right now because I'm congested.  But I can smell ALL of the unpleasant things.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 31 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n):  Head of Broccoli

Upcoming appointments:  Midwife appointment next Tuesday

How are you feeling? I have a cold that is making things harder to sleep, but since I added an extra pillow the other night, I feel like I've been sleeping better.

Raves/Rants?  None right now.  I'll update later if something comes up. :smile:

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest?  I would usually say taste and smell, but like I said earlier, this cold is making things difficult.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @kbrown2385 thank you!! and yes! So much less to do this week. But the nesting urge is strong. I can't wait to organize EVERYTHING else LOL!!

@valerie4786 YH sounds like he needs a smack in the head. I'm sorry he's being annoying AF. And I hope you feel better soon.
  • @kbrown2385 YES!  I was not this whiney during my 1st pregnancy and basically enjoyed all parts of it, but this time around I just hurt more.  Part of me thinks it has to do with age, but I'm only 33 and realistically I have several more years I could carry a healthy pregnancy.  I'm not sure if it's because it's a boy and differences in hormones or what.  Maybe I was just really naive 1st pregnancy.  But my broken vagina, heartburn, and dealing with this cold seriously makes me question how I can remain pregnant for 2 more months.  🤣🤣  I will say a positive currently is that I haven't really gotten any stretch marks yet (I'll assume 1st pregnancy prepped my skin to handle it better this time around), no pre-eclampsia yet, and I don't have PUPPS - which I got probably around the 8th month mark last time and it was so awful.  Seriously hoping I don't get PUPPS again!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 1/1  32w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Pain D'epi? 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow I have a growth scan!! Midwife next tuesday

How are you feeling? hips at night are killer it's getting pretty bad and just waking constantly from it. I'm trying stretching at night and the other night it helped a bit. It's essentially just constant numbing. Also I'm feeling pretty big and off balance haha everything is located just where baby is so I'm getting nervous now with all this snow/ slipping / ice etc. 

Raves/Rants? This weekend I got so much cleaning and organizing done it was great so now this coming weekend I can start actually setting up/preparing baby items since the space is all cleared. I also took care of my niece this weekend for the whole day and shes 11 months. WOW how do some mom's do  that they are pregnant with small child, plus I had DD with me, I was exhausted from all the standing/bending/carrying.

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest? Sound. I can eaves drop like crazy, from tables away I can hear the whole conversation clearly hahha. Now with DD in the other room I can literally hear her turning in her bed or if she say's something (she talks in her sleep a lot). When she was a baby, I mentioned I didn't need the baby mirror in the car since I could hear absolutely everything she did without the need for sight. 

@kbrown2385 yay great job on getting all the freezer meals ready!
    @ponyoisfun congratulations on having DD all confident in her new room :)
    @leprechaunlady glad your trip to the outlet's turned out well and you got to relax this weekend! 
    @stashattack awesome getting everything done!  the countdown is definitely on
  • @amb0924 the Philadelphia Outlets in Limerick (it's about like 10 minutes from our home) in the Hot Topic store (yes I still shop at hot topic for their HP themed items LOL). Soooo maybe a normal hot topic would have them as well. The outside part is knit and the inside is fuzzyyyyy!! OMG I could live in those things LOL. 

@valerie4786 and @amb0924 just show them the try guys 4 part series on pregnancy LOL!! Or Ned going through the labor his wife went through LOL. Maybe that'll get them to shut the eff up.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k yay for getting ready for nesting. I swear that's all I really wanna do nowadays! LOL
  • @stashattack I kind of wish I started sooner since now it's getting really hard, anything before I was so exhausted though and just couldn't think about it
  • Thank you @kbrown2385 ! Those will come in handy in the next few weeks.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k Our lives are pretty similar this week haha!

EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 1st, 32 + 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): vinyl record

Upcoming appointments: ob on Wednesday. They cancelled my apt. Last minute last week

How are you feeling? Still out of breath. He is now causing discomfort while I'm teaching and it is distracting.

Raves/Rants? Winter is here! I need my snow snow tires like yesterday. We only JUST got thw car 2 days ago, to be fair. Hopefully tomorrow is a snow day and work will be easy, though! FX
    I got so much organizing and laundry done this weekend but I am wiped out!! Not to mention we had family over on Saturday. My nephew is a handful right now. Terrible twos, no. Definitely the terrible threes. I'm the fun auntie only until a certain point, so he wasnt too happy with me.

Smell and dh's seems to be creating smells. 😝💀
  • @alicia_ee with the same due date we are going to have very similar upcoming weeks!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 23rd / 29w 4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming appointments:  Thurs I have an ultrasound and a regular appt. 

How are you feeling? I need some of this energy you all keep talking about.  I have none. Just so tired.  I think it's because H is traveling so much right now.  And three kids is no joke.  I look back so fondly on pregnancy back when I had no children, and could just skip making dinner if everything sounded bad. Or put on shows and lounge on the couch just because. 

Raves/Rants?  H got home Friday evening and left this morning.  I miss having my partner around.  But in great news my 3rd grader had her first non-family sleeoover this weekend, with two girls from school.   They had so much fun! 

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest?  Smell.  I hate all kinds of scented things. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @MollySm To be fair, I didn't have much energy. My husband did MOST of the work for me, while I told him what to do. I still managed to feel exhausted by the end of the day though :tongue:
  • MsIanMsIan member
    edited November 2019
    @valerie4786 I don't know if it's a boy thing but I remember my body hurting SO much with Nate. We're also considering a vasectomy. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/30/ 28 and some change

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: 1/21 (regular OB)

How are you feeling? Heavy. Not even large really just heavy. I also think I'm getting a cold. 

Raves/Rants?
    DH is back in Singapore until close to Thanksgiving so it's me and DS (3) until then. @MollySm i feel you. I miss mine too. I can't imagine doing it with 3! DS's old babysitter is coming to get him and take him out for the morning tomorrow, which will be wonderful for both me and him. 
    Also, I'm still stuck in housing limbo so I can't nest properly. We're probably going to move to another temporary/ corporate housing in Atlanta until after I have the baby. I'm just hoping it happens soon so I can start acquiring and sorting through the baby stuff. 

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest? Usually smell but I've been congested for most of the second trimester and now the cold...

Edited because TB is malfunctioning. 
  • @alicia__e I'm a teacher to and the breathlessness is real!  It is hard to run around the classroom and after kids.  I have discovered the power of audiobooks so I can get a minute of being able to sit down without having to talk. 

Are you going to be starting your mat leave at the end of the semester? 

• @biolprof OMG when the belly button gets deformed!! that happens to me so often its so weird!!
  • @biolprof we didn’t do them when ds was born and they would have been super helpful. Life would have been much easier not having to worry about what we were eating for dinners. Love that the nursery is coming together for you! 

@marebear15 if my sister and sil didn’t come down to help I don’t think it would have gotten done lol. It was a lot of work! Exciting for the upgrade to a king sized bed! After getting our I’ll never be able to go back to a queen.

@mslan sorry you’re getting a cold! Housing limbo must be frustrating. Hopefully you can get settled somewhere soon so you can prepare for baby. 

@mollysm idk how you’re managing being pregnant and handling 3 kids by yourself. Will yh take a break with traveling anytime soon?
  • @kbrown2385 that’s so awesome that you got your freezer meals done! 

@ponyoisfun can your DD come teach my DS to do the same?! Tonight is going to be our first attempt at his big boy bed and I am so ready to have him out of my room 

@leprechaunlady sorry about your blood sugar, that’s so frustrating! But I’m glad you had a good day of shopping!

@stashattack that sounds like a super busy but productive day. Glad you felt better Sunday. 

@FyreFlyeRush I’m so with you on the crazy hormonal train. This time around I cry about everything!

@valerie4786 sorry that you aren’t feeling good and that your husband isn’t helping 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k we haven’t gotten any winter weather yet, but I am definitely concerned about slipping as well when we do!

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/23 29w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple

Upcoming appointments: 11/26...how is it time to go every two weeks already?!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Tired and sore but nothing too crazy. I’m thinking winter pregnancy is the way to go!

Raves/Rants? My previous Dr (military) still hasn’t sent my medical records to the new doctor even though they’ve requested it repeatedly. It’s been a couple months. So today I get to try to battle the TriCare website to hopefully print it on my own 

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest? Hearing. I can hear every dang thing 
  • @biolprof baby girl is all up on my right side to the point where if she shifts juuussttt right, my bump gets super lopsided. And I haven't seen any like solid outlines of feet or hands yet but I am getting protrusions now when she kicks and sometimes she does just leave her lil appendages there so I can rub on them LOL. Sometimes I swear she does it on purpose to get some love.
  • @stashattack that's so funny, I'm having the lopsided situation sometimes baby at night get's super active when I'm resting on the couch and I can literally see my bump moving left and right
  • EDD/Weeks + days: January 27/29+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Every 2 week appointments start now, so I've got my next one next Thursday.

How are you feeling? I've got a cold, so I'm feeling pretty crummy honestly.  I hate being sick while pregnant.  I did take the day off work yesterday and just laid around watching TV and napping, which I think really helped.  It's been a really long time since I had a day like that (no work, no kids, no responsibilities) so it was kind of glorious even if I wasn't feeling well.

Raves/Rants?  I feel like I'm taking so much time off work right now!  Between parent-teacher conferences, medical appointments, being sick, and now american education week visits coming up I feel like I've been out of work more than I've been in (even though I know this isn't true).  I have so much to do at work in the next 2 months, that all this time out is becoming stressful.  Hoping my schedule calms down a bit in the next few weeks.

GTKY: Which of your five senses would you say is your strongest?  I don't think I have a particularly strong sense of hearing or smell, so maybe sight?  I do have a pretty sharp eye and good attention to detail so that might count.
  • @cats_in_a_window oh husbands/partners.  I think sometimes they just don't know what to say.  I'm sorry you are have varicose veins too!  I am so thankful mine don't hurt, but they look not so good. 

• @MrsJessS Godspeed getting your records printed. That site is terrible.

@cats_in_a_window sorry you’re dealing with a cold as well! Hopefully your schedule calms down some so you can start feeling better! 
  • @catsinawindow I posted a picture in the nursery thread!
  • @kbrown2385 - He gets home and Friday and then he will be with us for 3 weeks! Yay!  But, today is flu shots for all 3 girls.  This is not going to be a good day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @ivyphotoop I was surprised to see how many different meals she had! I want to go through the sheet pan freezer meals and see if there’s anything else I want to add. 

@MollySm hope today doesn’t go too badly for you! Exciting yh will be home for a nice chunk of time! 
  • @kbrown2385 it’s the actual worst. It took 2 hours to get my anatomy scan results because it logged me off every time I clicked on them 🙄

@ivyphotoop oh I hadn’t thought of that!!! I’ll get in touch with patient advocacy and my SCRG leader (I think same as ombudsman?) to see what they can tell me. It’s Fort Hood so I just assume all of it is a disaster. MH’s pay has been over $800 short for over a year and they still haven’t done a thing about it 🙄🙄🙄
  • @MrsJessS, have you tried calling the 800.600.9332? That help desk is the flip side of the one I used to work for and our mortal enemy, but specialized in application support and the TriCare portal. They MIGHT be able to get you started?