May 2020 Moms

GTKY- Coffee Shop Order

What is your favorite coffee shop order and favorite place to go?

(Idea from March 2020  BMB)

Re: GTKY- Coffee Shop Order

• My go to is usually an Iced Cafe Mocha from Starbucks. My local shop (not Sbucks) makes a seasonal Maple Latte that I just love! 

Mostly drinking decaf these days and definitely in a little bit of a caffeine withdrawal 😂
  • edited November 2019
    Ugh, I haven't had coffee in weeks! It just doesn't sound good, but typically I'm a brew folgers at home and put in some vanilla creamer or if I splurge on Starbucks, I like a hot white mocha. 

@jrouge12 a maple latte sounds interesting. I imagine it would pair nicely with a maple donut mmmmmm

Eta to tag.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love a Chai Latte from a local shop here called CTB.
  • I usually order a vanilla latte - we have a local coffee shop that is pretty good.

I actually like the coffee I make at home the best though 😍. We have a Breville espresso machine that is my absolute favorite wedding gift of all time (well we returned stuff/used gift cards for it). It’s amazing.
  • @rachelg777 My mom gifted us a Jura and seriously, it's hard to find better coffee outside of the house. 
  • I love dirty iced chai tea lattes with soy. Or a good cappuccino, which can be hard to find. 
  • @ruby696 those machines look amazing! So yuuuummy
  • I don't drink coffee so I'll have to say hot chocolate. Our local place that doesn't open until 9 so I never go makes it with milk which is the way it needs to be. Dunkin makes it with I don't know what but it's just not the same. 
  • I like our local coffe shops and usually just order a regular lighter roast coffee. It's boring but I typically don't drink my calories unless it's beer.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • At Starbucks I like a grande cafe Americano in a venti cup filled the rest of the way with cream. 

We have a Krups grind and brew that I have a love/hate relationship with, but it does make a delicious and rich coffee for sure. I like rich espressos with just half n half. 

I gave up coffee when I found out I was pregnant but I miss it. And tea. I love a good rich cup of English breakfast or Earl Grey with a splash of milk. I just a big fan of hot beverages honestly. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like @Austenista I love a nice cup of strong black tea with a little milk. Now I want Earl Grey but it’s almost 11pm... 
  • @splashmountain It's not as mapley as expected but oh so yummy. If I go there, I usually can't resist getting their jalapeno bagel (which I know doesn't sound like a pairing).

@allie456 I don't think I could ever lose my taste for coffee. Hence why I switched to decaf! 😂

@Amyface813 I really don't drink specialty coffees that often for the same reason. They are a treat. At home I drink my coffee with just a splash of half and half. I decided years ago to go cold turkey with sugar in my coffee at home.
  • @jhysmath I don't like coffee either, I will on very rarely drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee like the basic bitch I am but other than that I can't do it lol.
  • I have IBS and can't drink hot or iced coffee, so I'm the annoying person who orders a Frappuccino or buys a bottle of water to go with a pastry.
  • I was very turned off of coffee during my second pregnancy. Thankfully I’m not having that problem this time!

i don’t usually get specialty coffees but back when I did I liked Starbucks’ mint and orange mochas. Usually I just go for flavored regular coffees now. With lots of cream and sugar. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Okay @pirateduck and @rox7777, what's a dirty chai as opposed to a regular chai latte? Because I really like chai lattes and I think I might be missing something delicious...

From local shops my favorite is a lavendar latte, but I'm with everyone who can't think about coffee right now because it doesn't sound good.

• @louessbee A chai latte with a shot of espresso! I’m a caffeine fiend so it just ups it to perfection for me. 
  • Ooh, that does sound good! I'll have to try that sometime. When coffee starts sounding appealing again 😂
  • @mamaj1220 what is in a chai latte I’ve always wondered and does it have caffeine?
  • I think chai lattes are disgusting.

Anyways, I’m relatively new to the coffee scene so I don’t really know my order. At home I figured out I like the Guatemalan medium or light roast, and I love hazelnut or vanilla nut pods. Otherwise I do coconut milk creamer or goat milk.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• My love (when not pregnant and turned off by it) is just black coffee. I don’t care the temperature or the quality. Just black. 

I sometimes like other things That aren’t sweet, but black is my favorite. 

• During the week I'm just a regular brewed coffee with a splash of half and half girl. Weekend I'll go for a vanilla latte or pumpkin spice if it's in season (shout out to the fellow basic b @mamaj1220 lol). Now that it's the holidays I'll do a peppermint mocha. BUT I haven't been able to drink plain coffee since I got pregnant because the taste doesn't sit well, so I'm doing tea during the week and lattes during the weekend.

Also my co-workers told me last week that they suspected I was pregnant because I wasn't going to Starbucks as much 😂 guess I gave myself away!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @babyfoxden10 I get mine with milk (you can do water) and the Chai is a tea blend, it does have caffeine but not much and they make it in the latte machine which makes it all frothy and yummy
  • I usually drink hot coffee at home (dunkin donuts or starbucks blonde brands) but since hot coffee grossed me out right now I’ve been drinking Stok cold brew with some milk. Coffee shops I’ll get a latte of whatever flavor sounds good or cappuccino 
  • No coffee for me. If I find myself at a coffee shop I’ll sometimes get a hot chocolate, but usually opt for a baked good instead. 

(I’m not some freak who can survive without caffeine, like my husband; I drink Diet Pepsi.)
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @louessbee yes, the espresso just kicks it up a notch!  It doesn't sound like it would be a good flavor combination, but it somehow really works and I like the flavor better with the espresso shot in it, but my order totally depends on how much sleep I've had.  Since a specialty coffee is not a regular thing in my life it's usually reserved for those days I'm struggling to function.  I'm sitting at my desk at work right now debating if today is one of those days!  I had to get up with the dogs 3 times last night, I want to strangle them, but I know the old girl can't help it, she's 14.5 years old with cancer, her bladder and bowels just aren't what they used to be.  People tell me just wait until you have a baby, but seriously, I don't know how much worse it can be, I have been taking my dog out in the middle of the night every night for over a year now.  I've been pretty much off caffeine for over a year since starting fertility treatments etc., but it's probably what I miss the most.  I used to have a serious energy drink affliction.
  • @pirateduck I haven’t slept through the night in 7 years. Pregnancy insomnia, DS1 didn’t STTN until 4, pregnancy insomnia, DS2 didn’t sleep through the night until earlier this year, more pregnancy insomnia. Honestly the newborn stage hardly phases me because I can’t remember the last time I slept more than 3-4 hours at a time. 
  • @rox7777 seriously, pregnancy insomnia has been my biggest/worst symptom.  I feel like I get interrupted sleep on the best of nights with the dogs, and add the insomnia and billion and one dreams on top of that (and quitting caffeine) on top of that and I can barely function.  Some days it's a miracle I make it home from work without driving off the road... 
  • @Amyface813 same. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @rox7777 Pregsomnia has been worse this time than it ever has with my other two. Mercifully the BP medicine they put me on has a side effect of making me drowsy. It wears off eventually, but I've been loving that something is forcing my brain to sleep. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker