May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 11/4

Ladies, it seems that PGAL brain has moved on for most! I’ll get this started in case anyone wants to join in.

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 
******TW******Siggy warning
BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL check-in 11/4

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    12+6, 5/14, 1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    MC 12/2016, CP 7/2018

I've been off my progesterone for almost a week and some symptoms have gone down (bloating, sore boobs) but I still can't shake the nausea. Emotionally, I'm ok. My OB said make our next appt for 4 weeks out and that seems like forever! So far we've been seen every 2 weeks and the wait just sucks. I keep feeling like something is going to go wrong, but I also realize that everything could be fine. I'm a mess lol.

4. Any appointment updates? 
    I'm doing my harmony test tomorrow and my next appointment is 11/25

I've been able to eat a bigger variety of foods now! For a little bit everything sounded gross lol.

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope, I've passed them all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splashmountain, I know once you get into the 2nd trimester, the appts are so far apart! No worries, once you start feeling the babe you don’t need to see them on the US every 2 weeks.

@Austenista , girl’s are so cute! I love dressing DD1! I am also having a second girl so excited to have a summer baby!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 11w2d, May 25th, STM

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 MMC 9weeks (2015) and 1 CP (Dec 2018)

I am over the moon, got our NIPT results and everything came back low risk. Also team pink!  

4. Any appointment updates? Next week NT scan at 12w1d on Tuesday. Got my NIPT yesterday morning. 

I am getting excited about this pregnancy! 

6. Any milestones coming up? 
    Passed them all!   
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @splashmountain Waiting for monthly appointments is so hard!! I feel your pain, next week will be four weeks since my last appointment and it's taken forever.

@Austenista Congrats on your baby girl! We have one of each and it's so fun to see how different they are, and how much they adore each other.

@queenklau It's such a relief to hear low risk! Congratulations on your girl!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12+6/May 14th/TTM and FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 MMC's and 3 CP's.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, I am just so tired. I thought it would start to ease up, but I think it's actually getting worse. Emotionally, I should be fine. I can get both babies HB's on the doppler, which is reassuring. But i can't make myself tell my boss. I have an appt at 14 weeks and I feel like I want the doctor to confirm they're both okay before I tell people. But you guys, I can't hide this for another week. Theres no way. I'm trying to get up the nerve to tell work today. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next Friday. I'm hoping for another US since it's my first appt with the OB and maybe they do US's regularly with twins?? Mine are fraternal  so lower risk. So maybe just doppler. 🤷‍♀️

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We told DS and DD and they ARE SO EXCITED. It really warms my heart. And I should really get over trying to keep it a secret now that they know, because they're 3 and 5, and can't keep a secret to save their lives.

6. Any milestones coming up?  Nope, I passed them all!
  • Options

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 13 weeks today!  Depending who reads my chart they either say I'm due May 11 or May 13, FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? CP April 2016 & BO July 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally good.  Feeling optimistic.  Physically today is one of the worst days I've had in awhile.  I've had a headache for well over 24 hours now, I have had a hard time with frequent headaches before pregnancy and finding relief before was difficult, but now that it seems nothing is allowed in pregnancy, I'm at a loss, so I stretched, and took a hot shower, and took 2 tylenol (worthless), and had a small amount of caffeine and some gatorade and I'm stuggling on.  I also threw up today for the first time.  My heart goes out to all the ladies who have been puking for weeks.  I was sitting at the table and my husband asked if I was ok, and I shook my head no, then got up and ran for the bathroom, ugh.

4. Any appointment updates? Had my NT scan last week and all was perfect.  It was a great appointment and I really feel like there's a real baby in there now!  I've slowly started telling people.  The Centering Pregnancy program for my group starts next week, so that will be my first Centering appointment.  My friend got some feedback for me on a local mom group online and everyone spoke very highly of it, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  My NIPT results still aren't back!  I know it's within the normal time, but I feel like it's forever since I thought the blood was drawn a week and a half before it really was...  so the wait continues. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not exactly, but I did suck it up and tell my boss yesterday as well as two other people I work with.  I was terrified to do this for many reasons, but it went really well and they were overwhelmingly supportive and two of them cried happy tears (which made me cry).

@ruby696 good luck with your boss!  You'll feel better once you get it out.  Plus you won't have to try and pretend you feel great at work on days you want to crawl into a hole or run to the bathroom!

@splashmountain appointments have definitely been getting further apart, it's weird after loss and after infertility having to see the doctor several times a cycle to go to once a month (or longer) between appointments!
  • Options
    @ruby696 gl telling your boss. Mine was great when I told him and it's so nice not trying to hide it. I'm so glad your kiddos are excited, we got DS a baby doll so that when we talk about the baby he has a visual aid and he slings it over his shoulder and carries it around and kisses it's forehead, it's adorable!

@Austenista and @queenklau congrats on the girls!

@pirateduck sorry about the headache! I remember when I was ku with DS I worked in the emergency room and caught cold after cold. There is nothing to take for a cold when you're pregnant! I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    @queenklau Thanks for starting this!  I really fell behind in starting my usual threads this week.  It's been a week for me.

@splashmountain I feel you on the waiting.  I had some dull cramps all day yesterday that felt like period cramps, so I went in for a quick doppler check.  Thankfully she found a HB right away and we even heard 2 kicks.  My therapist told me not to be afraid to call and ask for a quick HB check when my anxiety gets really bad, and it helped a lot to hear that was not something they find to be annoying.  Now to make it 5 more weeks until my AS.  

Austenista  Congratulations on the girl!  I'm jealous of all the bows.  <3  I hope the medication side effects calm down soon.

@ruby696 GL finding the nerve to tell your boss!  I still haven't told mine.  It feels wrong to tell him before my family.  I had to do that last time because it was yearly goal setting time, and I felt so bad he knew before my own parents.

@pirateduck Glad you're feeling optimistic and that telling your coworkers went well.  Sorry for the puking.  It's the worst!  Mine came back randomly for 2 days last weekend and let's just say I don't think I can eat pizza again for a while.  

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  14 today!  May 7th, and 1 DS who is turning 3 in four days.

2. Previous loss(es)?  MMC in Nov '18, early loss in Feb '19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Physically mostly pretty good.  I was feeling good emotionally, but this morning I had a total emotional breakdown out of nowhere.  Spoiler for length.
    I think it was just a bunch of little things adding up.  My mom is being really passive aggressive about trying to accommodate my sister who has a broken ankle so she can come up for DS's birthday this weekend.  Basically she needs to stay in a place with as few stairs as possible, and that means my house instead of my parents' condo.  The only main level room I have with an adult sized bed is currently my master bedroom.  DS's room has a toddler bed, and the other bedroom is a construction zone right now with no bed.  So, that means letting her stay in my room and MH and I will stay in the guest room downstairs (with no bathroom, waaaaaah), which means my in-laws would have to stay at the condo.  Which I know my mom isn't super excited about, but really I'm the one giving up my bedroom for 3 nights and she just has to tolerate the ILs for one, and it'll basically only be to sleep because they'll all be at our house or the party the rest of the time.  I've been trying to message her to ask for details of when they're coming up and leaving, and she's basically shutting me down any time I try to bring it up.  So I'm frustrated about that.  I kind of hope she feels awful when she finds out I'm pregnant and all the unnecessary stress this is causing.  Then, last night and this morning, I was trying to get the new phone set up on my phone number so I can give MH my old phone, and that hasn't been going very smoothly, so this morning I was an hour late to work just trying to get the phone activated so he could finally have a phone again, and it still isn't done yet.  DS woke up really grouchy and whined/cried all morning, and then finally right before he was about to leave with MH to go to daycare, he dumped  abin of small toys all over the floor and the dog started trying to eat them, and I just lost it and started bawling, which made DS bawl, and it was just a mess of tears and snot and mayhem.  THEN I got to work and someone stole my cream cheese out of my lunch bag I left in the fridge.  WTF?  Who steals cream cheese?  I'm doing okay now, but I just need my house to clean itself and for DS to stop being a threenager for a day.

4. Any appointment updates?  Nothing until my AS in 5 weeks.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  See rant above, haha.  I'd say that pretty much covers it.  :lol:

6. Any milestones coming up?  I passed them all!  This is really happening!  <3
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll omg what a pain! All those little things really do add up to meltdowns. I couldn't stop crying last night because H is such a good dad to S and he doesn't realize how lucky he is to have a good dad...ugh, hormones! I hope you can get the phone figured out and your threenager is a sweet angel to you tonight 😊
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll Okay, first, whoever stole your cream cheese is a douche! Sorry your mom's being difficult. I hope she feels guilty when she realizes your pregnant and she's been giving you a hard time. Also, three is the worst, I swear! But once they hit four, it's like a switch is flipped and they're amazing. You have a ways to go... but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

AFM - I told my boss! Like @splashmountain said, the hormones were out of control and I almost started crying, which was awkward for me. But my boss was so excited and, with my permission, sent an email to the office so I wouldn't have to keep announcing. People will see the email this morning, so only one more day of too much attention to get through!
  • Options
    Great job @ruby696 I'm glad your boss is excited for you and that it went well! 
  • Options
    Yay @ruby696 I bet you feel better already having told!  I know I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.  In my case the whole company does not know yet, but I'm sure eventually rumors will start up and my immediate supervisor will have to say something at one of the weekly managers' meetings.  For now, even though I am aware of my bump because my body has never been this size/shape in my life, no one else can really notice it (that I know of).  We'll see how long that lasts!

@shamrocandroll my husband got a new phone about a month ago, with the caveat that since I am more tech savvy that I had to get it set up and get his number on it and teach him how to use it.  It seemed like a good compromise because it would mean I'd get to call him again and he wouldn't always have a dead battery and sound like he was far off in a cave if the call actually connected.  This drove me over the edge and was far more difficult than I'd thought it would be and took far longer than I'd ever imagined and no matter what I couldn't get a live person to help me and I kept getting disconnected from customer service and having to start the whole process over.  I had a melt down and can certainly see where you did with all the other BS on top of the phone ordeal!

My headache is finally gone!  I don't feel like puking today!  Today is a new day.  Excluding the bad dreams I even slept last night more than usual.  Now I want to fast forward to the weekend because work is a pain this time of year because we have a December 15 deadline for all our projects that we've been working on for months, so it's crunch time. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck The biggest issue is I am taking the new phone, so before I wipe my old phone and give it to him, I want to get the new one as close as possible to the old one so I don't have to re-learn a whole new phone.  They have programs that do this, but the phones weren't syncing, and then the Otterbox cases I got for them were peeling off the screen protectors I just applied and cured last night (wet application) and then I heard the sound of dozens of little plastic toys hitting the hardwood floor and rolling under the couch and I. Just. Lost. It.  I realize it's not a big deal, and now that I've left the two phones on my desk to sync all morning, that part is pretty much done, but ugh.  It was all just too much for me this morning.  And the fact that this all became my problem because HE left his phone on the roof of my car and now I can't contact him for 10 hours a day is all the more frustrating, haha.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll our husbands' problems ALWAYS become our problems!