Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-In 11/4/2019

Happy Monday & Happy November!
Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What's one thing you’ve always wanted to do but never done? Why haven’t you done it? (Getting pregnant doesn’t count). 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI, clomid, trigger shot

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@amgpg25 -Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

Re: TTTC Check-In 11/4/2019

• meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, @2dogsmom. Love the qualifier in the question :lol: 

I have always wanted to act in a play. Not like Broadway or anything, but a nice community production. I have terrible stage fright though. I have been working on it for the past several years so I may give it a go in the near future, say five or ten years :tongue:

No real rants or raves. The anticipation of ER is building. They will confirm my date & time after the check up tomorrow.
  • @meri-mac good luck at your check up! Do you have an estimated date for the ER at all or have they been keeping you in the dark about it?

QOTW: What's one thing you’ve always wanted to do but never done? Why haven’t you done it? (Getting pregnant doesn’t count).
    I've always wanted to try bungee jumping or sky diving. I love thrill seeking but almost never do it. Scuba would be cool too. A lot of this adventurous stuff is so expensive!!

AFM, just 10dpo and chugging along again. I expect AF on Friday but I may test sooner. I have a really busy week of after work events so hopefully I don't get too crazy with stress. Wednesday is our only day of nothing in the evening. We even have all day Saturday plans. Sigh.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 The nurse on Sunday said probably Thursday. I called to get an estimate in terms of the time of day and the nurse had to gently remind me that they can't schedule anything until my results from tomorrow's check up have been reviewed and they see what other procedures are booked. I understand why they do this. However, I am slowly running out of my Herculean patience.
    No to AF. I will do a ritual to keep her at bay. Enjoy your nothing Wednesday!
    A ritual and a Wednesday: 
  • @meri-mac yeah I wasn't told the time until the last follow up appointment. I had always known a Target date once the cycle started.

I always find it interesting how different clinics operate. Like my ER was on June 11th and they told me to call with the next CD1 and at that point with clinic closures and other procedures they could tell me in late June that my FET would be September 10th. I had a specific number of BCP to take and then the specific number of days for the stim meds before the FET.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @meri-mac not knowing the day/time sounds hard! Good luck with your next appointment, I hope that gives you all the answers. Sounds like probably ER this week!! FX for lots of healthy eggs! 

@inthewoods23 it is interesting how clinics vary so much! Sounds like a super busy week for you, definitely not an ideal time for AF to show up. 

@knockupthestock welcome back!! I hope your trip was absolutely fantastic and that you got lots of great stories to tell and photos and everything else wonderful about traveling!  Interesting that you were able to get AF w/o meds — maybe a good sign? 

AFM: TWW+  if I was paying for the beta test I would be going in tomorrow, but since my dr assures me this is a good place to save some money I’m going to do a home test sometime this week...if it’s positive I go in, if not I save $450 and start again (since insurance doesn’t cover anything).  I can get a false positive from the trigger shot up though Sunday so I may just wait to test, but I would really like to know! 

QOTW: I want to take a cruise through the Caribbean, but I’m worried I’ll get sea sick so I think I need to start with a short one just in case. Seems like a lot of effort and cost so I’ve always just done other vacations. 
  • @meri-mac Good luck for your next appointment. I hope you get some news to calm your nerves.

@inthewoods23 Enjoy your Wednesday off

@2dogsmom Fx and good luck

AFM, today is 7dpIUI, I had to go in for my progesterone test. The clinic called and said it is 11.4 lower than what they expected, but it means nothing. I am not sure what to make of it as this is my first cycle. I am going for accupuncture tomorrow and keeping all my fingers crossed! Really, I am typing with crossed fingers! Very tempted to to do a hpt but resisting it. I was traveling from Saturday to Monday and was working all day. Have a slight lower back pain, had nausea this morning, but otherwise have felt really energetic and fine. 

QOTW: I want to have a room completely dedicated to books with a large comfy couch. Maybe someday  :) 
  • 2dogsmom2dogsmom member
    edited November 2019
    Broke down and took the HPT today, negative, so now just waiting for AF. Realized also that the next round I will be out of town the date range I would need to do US and IUI so guess I’m taking a month off...we are supposed to do one more IUI before IVF, so with November out I guess last IUI in late December and talk about IVF in 2020. 

@amgpg25 I hear you on HPT! In the end I usually regret taking them. Hope your back pain goes away! Are you doing a beta test? Or when will you find out? 
  • Sorry for ghosting guys. I’ve been a little spotty since I took my bump break at the beginning of the month and have been doing a terrible time of checking in here. ❤️ Excited for all the upcoming things (@meri-Mac and @inthewoods23) and I’m so sorry @2dogsmom. I hope the break helps you reset for success in December! 

AFM - (Tw)

I got the shock of my life yesterday and am currently pregnant after our 2nd IUI. I go in for betas again tomorrow and am really nervous. 

• @2dogsmom Don't beat yourself. It is ok. Hope you can enjoy your break. My clinic hasn't asked me to come in for a beta test. Has anyone taken progesterone suppositories? I have to see if my doctor will prescribe me any. Will call them and ask tomorrow.
  • @amgpg25 I had the suppositories for all of my IUIs and my FET. It gets messy! Wear a pantiliner! And not a thin one, you'll definitely want one of the regular size/absorbancy sizes. I used the Always pantiliners in the purple box.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @2dogsmom I'm sorry, hun. I'm still keeping everything crossed just in case. Here if you need us <3

@amgpg25 Fx! Good on you for resisting the POAS rabbit hole! Retrieval is tomorrow and I am on meds to prevent hyperstimulation. I'm feeling much calmer about the whole thing.
  • Update: AF RUDELY showed up early overnight and ruined my underwear so on to a mock transfer and another FET. 😅

It's all good though, just happy to get things going again.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @meri-mac: Thanks for the encouragement, 2 more days. I am trying to breath and concentrate on work.

@inthewoods23: The doctors said they won't give me progesterone. They will wait and discuss a higher dose of clomid for next cycle. 2 more days. Fx. Rude AF indeed. Good luck with the mock and FET. Here for you  <3

• hi all!

@meri-mac - FX for tomorrow's retrieval!!! also, doing community plays is so fun! i would highly recommend it....it was definitely a highlight of my life

@inthewoods23 - ugh how rude of AF! i am sorry :( but i'm glad you seem to be in pretty good spirits! you're a great example of a true IF warrior  <3

@2dogsmom - thanks! our trip was amazing!! wish i could share all of my photos with y'all. sorry about your bad news, but maybe a month break will be nice! i'm hoping it is for you anyway

@amgpg25 - FX!! i did progesterone suppositories with each of our cycles of timed intercourse. they helped with my lining, but i agree with what was already said - definitely wear a panty liner haha. 

@b_1029
    OMG!!!! congratulations!!! FX that everything goes well. so so so excited for you!!!!

AFM: just staying busy with work. one of my best friends just did her first IUI so im thinking majorly good vibes for her. i found out this week that three of my facebook friends were recently diagnosed with PCOS or ovulation disorders and it makes me so sad.....why do so many have to deal with IF?? im going to my DH's cousin's baby shower this weekend....hopefully it wont trigger any sadness or depression. 

QOTW: i've been pretty blessed and have been able to do so much of what i've dreamed of doing. i guess i'd say maybe be in a movie? even as a background extra, that would be fun to do. or going to New Zealand and seeing Hobbiton! or i'd love to run a bed and breakfast with my husband. i'll need to save quite a bit of money before i can do any of that though haha.

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @knockupthestock Thanks! My body rudely woke me up early like I was going to work so I decided to check in on TB. I know what you mean about the number of IF couples. I think the most recent stat is 1 in 6 couples in North America. I'm sorry that you and your friend are struggling with it. It boggles my mind and I hope everyone gets there rainbow in the end. 
  • Hey everyone, long time no see. Started my new job - it's going well. I was hoping to jump back into the ring once my insurance started back up, but unfortunately my work insurance sucks and doesn't cover infertility. At all.

Going to jump on my husband's plan the first of 2020, and I have my first appointment set up with the infertility doctor here in StL in mid-January. It's a very successful, well-known clinic - so hoping for the best.

In the meantime, I'm going to do the impossible. After the end of this weekend, I'm going to stop drinking alongside the hubby, to give us our best chance. We LOVE craft beer, so... It's going to be hard, but for a baby, I'll do it.

Happy/sad to see some names I remember here. Good to see some new names as well, but sorry your current status is also not what you want it to be. I'll be back here more actively in about a month or so as I jump back into things. Fingers crossed for all of you.
  • @chiblackhawkie so glad the job is going well and I hope you’re enjoying the new area. Sorry to hear about insurance— I totally understand. Nothing is covered on my insurance so everything is out of pocket for us. It sucks! Good luck giving up the beer — my hubby opted to mostly not drink when I am around to make it easier. Maybe you can talk your hubby into the same.  And actually he doesn’t drink for a week before the IUI, doctor said sometimes it makes a difference with sperm health too, and so I told him if I was giving it up he could at least do that. 

@meri-mac did you have the ER? How did it go? 

@inthewoods23 yikes how rude re AF but probably nice to get it over with and start getting things scheduled. Are you doing both the mock and the FET this cycle? Or is FET not until next cycle?

@knockupthestock good luck at the baby shower. I don’t know if I could handle one right now but I hope it goes well for you. 

Congratulations! That’s very exciting I hope all goes well for you! Let me know when you are ready for me to move your name up to a board Grad. 

• @2dogsmom so I called and it took them forever to get back to me on Wednesday but anyway... Since the mock cycle has to follow the process of a real FET cycle, and plus the holidays and RE not in the office for most of december, I have to be on BC for 30 days, then do the usual monitoring before a FET and have the mock transfer and biopsy January 6th. Super not happy about that timeline, but I've come to terms with it. Assuming no inflammation, we can move right into the FET cycle once the next AF happens so the earliest the real FET would be again would be probably late February, early March. Which also happens to be around the time of my cousin's wedding (flying out of state) and another out of state event. But I think we can work around that by adjusting the amount of BC they'll have me take so it's not a huge deal.

But traveling with meds, I'm not real excited about that 😬. On the bright side I might get my fall baby after all.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 too bad the timing with the holidays. We are running into some of that too — we can do IUI in dec but not start IVF until Jan because there are too many days that could create a problem.  Traveling with meds is a bit of a pain but hopefully won’t be bad for you. I had to bring my trigger shot (mine is power, liquid, & 2 needles) on the plane with me to a wedding this past month and TSA was super chill about it. Doing the shot in the hotel wasn’t my favorite but it was totally doable, and they were really nice and actually had a bin for the used needles when I asked.  Hopefully it will be as easy for you!