January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 11/4

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 11/4

• Options
    This is more of a rant, but I'm kind of irritated. Our custody agreement says I have DS1 for Spring Break and Christmas in EVEN years, and Thanksgiving and New Year's (Dec 26 - school resume) in ODD years. It's my year for Thanksgiving. Basically, it's from the time school gets out the Friday before until the time school resumes the Monday after. I've always offered to share my holidays with his dad....JUST the holiday, mind you, not the break. I texted him and asked if he wanted Weds afternoon to Thursday afternoon or Thursday afternoon to Friday evening. His dad asked for Thursday afternoon until the end of break, essentially taking HALF of the time he would be with me. His reasoning? DS1's little sister's BDay party is the 30th. I didn't say anything, trying to decide how high of a road to take. In the end, I let DS1 decide. He chose to spend Thursday - Saturday with his dad, coming back to our house after the party, a solution that seemed perfect to me. I sent that to his dad. His dad's response???? This is the part that irked me.... "As long as he makes it to the party, I'll agree to it". 

Wait...WHAT???? YOU'LL agree to it?!?! YOU?!?!? Are you forgetting it's MY year with him, and it's a favor I'm doing FOR you, without agenda or hope of reciprocity?  News flash...if you don't agree, I have him the whole time. So, go ahead...disagree, you're only hurting DS1 and his sister.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I hope you have a dog and/or and got him some too 😻
  • Options
    @valerie4786 😂😂 we dont have a dog! They did have baby ones and I nearly bought tor the twins too but then stopped myself. I may have to go back 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady they are super cute! I think the babies need some too! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 dh said the same thing. Which really surprised me as I thought he wouldnt be into it at all! 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady My siblings would go for matching PJs, but I'm the odd man out. I don't really like the tighter fitting style of them. I'd rather have sweats. 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I love the matching PJs, DH is so not into that and Christmas morning is so chaotic I don't know how we capture any pictures hahah
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I say love them! No shame. I totally want to get matching jammies too. We have a primark not too far away so I may just need to go check them out!
  • Options
    It's exam time now. Usually my bar is "no one died, no one cried." At this point I'll settle for no one dying.  Just so over today and the fun is just beginning....
  • Options
    Ugh. I fee super honored and stressed about a message I received from a friend of mine. She included me in a group message today about her fertility journey and asked us all to send her all the good vibes today as she went in for her last viable embryo transplant.

I feel honored that she included me in her journey. I knew she's been struggling with fertility issues for a LOONNNGG time. And I just want everything to work out for her. But I also feel stressed because I know this is her last chance and I don't want the worst to happen. I'm there for her 100%. It's rough and it's not even my place to even feel that way. Ugh sorry I just needed to vent a bit in here. And I know you all will hopefully understand. I just want to be so supportive for her either way it goes.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack, that's really hard. Fingers crossed everything goes well and she's squinting over FRER tests going is this positive??? In a few weeks time! 
  • Options
    SO is up at his mom's so he can take her to the airport tomorrow morning before our MFM appt. I'm already in PJs in bed with the Great British Bake Show playing. Stupid hormones had me tearing up over US season 6 winner. (UK Series 9?). I was cheering for them the whole season! 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I love that show. I felt like this current season went too fast lol.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385, I wouldn't have watched it if all you ladies here hadn't been gushing over it! I love how...wholesome this one is. American cooking competitions are so catty! What am I going to do when I reach the end??! 💔 😭😭😭
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited November 2019
    @FyreFlyeRush just rewatch it all haha. They also have the beginnings which I believe were only aired in the Uk and then the masters class.

Ya know what doesn’t help insomnia? DH snoring like a chainsaw next to me 😑.

edit wasn’t finished.
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I do love how wholesome it is too. They are all so genuine! 

@stashattack I'm also supporting a friend with fertility issues. She hasn't told anyone about it but me. I think I know more than her husband so I know how you feel honored. She is in her TWW from her second Clomid cycle and the wait is killer! Fx for your friend!
  • Options
    @stashattack i hope everything went well for your friend yesterday and that this one will be successful for her! My bff & her husband have been having issues aswell and the guilt of telling her first i was pregnant this time and then the double whammy of twins was a struggle as i know that whilst shes happy for me, i also know how hard it will have been for her too. I'm one of the only people who she has talked to about what is going on.
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady, that was my situation. A friend of mine was struggling for years to become pregnant all through her mid 20s to mid 30s (she's 34), and here I come at 42 doing it on accident once (albeit with heartbreak), then without trying the second time. I felt horrible and didn't want her to know. Another friend accidentally outted me to her, and she was happy for us, but I know it couldn't have been easy. 
  • Options
    I packed hospital bags for the twins this evening. I have a couple of things I still need to get for baby boy but baby girl is good to go. Starting to feel very real 😬
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I know with twins this is a reasonable time to pack, but OMG that seems so early!
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k That is super random to run into one of your midwives!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady sounds like there were some struggles a bit due to her uterus shape but they got the embryo up in there. So fingers crossed it fines a cozy home in there to implant itself. Now to help distract her for the next few weeks. 

Any suggestions?!?
  • Options
    @stashattack pedicure for 2?
  • Options
    @persnickity I know! Im starting to get a little anxious as im carrying really low & took a head stagger at the weekend that I’d have nothing ready & feel a little better now that ive done it. Fingers crossed I dont need them any time soon!

@stashattack out for dinner, cinema, beauty treatments but ultimately just be there if she needs someone to talk/rant/release to. Let her know youre thinking about her & are there for whatever she might need.
  • Options
    @stashattack oh I so hope it works for your friend 🤞.  I think just letting her know you are there for her like leprechaun said would mean a lot. 

Is anyone ready for a hospital bag thread to help get some ideas of what to put in it? I haven’t even thought about it but now @leprechaunlady has me thinking. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I'm ready for it!

And thanks for all the advice ladies. I'll definitely remind her I'm here for venting. I might send her a gift card to a spa since I'm outta state from her <3 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13, Yay for potty successes! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I'm ready for it! I need to start preparing to mentally calm myself down a bit haha
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited November 2019
    WTH....There's a 50% chance of "snow" on Monday night, with a 20% chance Tuesday morning.  Since moving to the US in 1981, it's snowed in my home town TWICE...1985 (13") and 2017 (dusting). Hello, Climate Change, we've already met.

DS1's "Christmas Miracle" Dec 2017:

PS - I told you my holidays lights were subtle!