March 2020 Moms

Weekly Question Thread w/o 11/4

2»

Re: Weekly Question Thread w/o 11/4

• @mrsc918 ugh yes! I always have to wedge a pillow under my belly to side-sleep. 
  • @mrsc918 yes the bloat was so bad. I started taking gasx and it’s helped quite a bit! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • @kagesstarshroom I think that during my last pregnancy I actually looked through a textbook pdf I found online re: prenatal ultrasound interpretation (I’m in healthcare, so maybe have higher than average fluency for that stuff?), but I’m trying to not to go down that route this time (I was a hypochondriac as a kid and though my medical knowledge prevents me from freaking out most of the time now, there’s something about pregnancy that’s kind of triggering for me). But you could just google for a textbook if you have the patience to look through it? That’s what I did. 
  • re: soda. well, first I call it soda. yes the mini cans save lives. you get your fix without the massive amounts of sugar. Also.... sugar in a mini can of coke is basically the same as some of those bottles of tea, so :shrug: my OB isn't too concerned with it. last night when we landed I got a dr pepper from wendy's bc it was literally the only thing that settled my stomach last night hah
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @mommyxthree2020 umm... what is a mucus plug?! Is this something I need to prepare for?! 

This may have been mentioned before, but any recommendations for a dairy-free, pregnancy-safe protein powder?
    I didn't fully check all the ingredients, but I used Vega One in my last pregnancy when I was losing weight instead of gaining. It was super helpful. It's plant based and you can tell in the taste but I still liked it. 
  • As of yesterday, I CANNOT stop burping (again). This was an issue when I was still trying to find a heartburn medication that worked, but the Prilosec is still working good enough. I am doing basically everything the internet says to do! I am making some allowances to the heartburn friendly diet on occasion because... I WANT a cup of tea in the morning and a piece of chocolate every now and then and don't want to limit myself so so strictly. I had grapefruit for the first time in a while last night, so I am thinking it could have been that? I burped like... 50-60 times before I fell asleep last night. But I am still burping a lot today, too. Agghhh. Any ideas, anyone, for how to stop burping? It's making me crazy and it's not enjoyable. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I ended up completely cutting out potatoes in any form and broccoli. Both give me absolutely horrible burps for two days afterward. It sucks cause broccoli is my favorite veg. The only thing I can think to suggest is a food diary and see what days you’re having burps and what foods match up that aren’t there otherwise?