March 2020 Moms

November Appointments

Looks like we missed this for October! Keep us updated on appointments, ask questions about what to expect, etc...
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: November Appointments

• Hi!  My next appointment is November 22nd for the glucose test, round 2 of the anatomy scan, and just an overall checkup (where they'll probably tell me I'm getting too fat, lol).  Not really sure what to expect, except I know I'm getting another ultrasound done so they can measure one more thing that they weren't able to measure at the anatomy scan last Friday.  I'm definitely not complaining about getting to see the baby another time.  I'm obsessed!

I'm supposed to get there, get the sugary drink, and then they'll give me a timer to wear for 1 hour.  During that time, I'll have the ultrasound, but then I guess it's just a waiting game until I see the OB after the hour expires.  I'm sort of nervous about the actual drink itself. 

Hopefully I'll be feeling my little girl move around by that point.  I'm all worked up about that lately.
  • @Malidocious I am a sugar fiend, but the drink didn’t bother me at all. In fact, I daresay I found it kind of tasty  :D 

I hope you feel your sweet girl moving soon, but it’s definitely still early! I think you said you have an anterior placenta? So that also makes it take a little longer, but I really hope she starts smacking you around soon ha. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @Malidocious Drink was pretty easy for me last time. My OB highly recommended the fruit punch flavor cause its her favorite. 
    ___

My next appointment is Nov 5th. I'm expecting we'll listen to baby, go over the anatomy scan report from mfm, and I'll probably be given the glucose drink for my next appointment. I have a pile of concerns and questions for her on the mfm office, the anatomy scan report since the mfm dr only told me "baby is ok" and nothing else, and I'll be asking for a different referral to mfm if she thinks I do need growth scans after talking to friends and family who have also been to a mfm for the same reasons as me. I don't trust an office who clearly didn't believe me about my own health, refused to answer my questions or give me information about my own health, and also didn't read my records.
  • @Malidocious my next appointment is the day before yours! I’ll also be drinking my glucose drink but they let me do it on my way to the office so they say to finish it 45 min before the appt. I’m glad I don’t have to try and entertain my toddler for an hour in office 🤣 The drink wasn’t bad at all last time but I am also a sugar fiend so 🤷🏻‍♀️

@aerie_star I’m jealous you get a choice. I asked for a choice this time and was told they only had orange. I’m not a fan of orange so it doesn’t taste great but it was the same as last time and I didn’t have a problem with the sugary ness of the drink so could be worse I guess. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• My next appointment is this coming Tuesday to go over the anatomy scans and for the glucose test. They gave me the drink to take home last time I was there and just told me to keep it cold because it's easier to drink and to take it an hour before I come in. They gave me the lemon lime flavor. They said it tastes like a very sweet sprite so here's hoping they are right. @Malidocious I've heard from a lot of people that it's not as bad as they make it out to be. FX we all pass on the first try. 
  • I have my anatomy scan on Monday and am so excited to *hopefully* find out the sex! I am also praying that everything is ok with LO, my PGAL anxiety always flairs when I go in for ultrasounds. But I also can’t believe this will be probably my last time seeing baby before I meet him or her in real life!
  • Had an OB checkup on Tuesday. Baby's heart sounded a little strange to me but I blame that on the caffeine I'd had shortly before. The doctor said the baby's heart sounded "happy" so I have no idea what that means.
    Need to do some bloodwork on Monday. Echo and ultrasound at the MFM next week. Another OB appointment before Thanksgiving.
  • I have an appointment for OB check up tomorrow morning and then I don’t see my OB again for 6 WEEKS!!! Ahhhhh!!! That means I won’t see baby girl again until then, and since I haven’t been feeling her much - my anxiety will most likely be through the roof! 
  • aerie_staraerie_star member
    edited November 2019
    @varimama my ob keeps orange, fruit punch, and lime. She said lime was the worst.

• Totally forgot about the glucose challenge thing. Lol

going in for my a/s on Tuesday!! I’m so excited! Doc at our 13 week ultrasound said she was 98% sure we are having a girl. We’ll see!