May 2020 Moms
Options

Bump in the Night - November

Starting up a new one of these to help minimize notifications for our loss ladies who started them prior. ❤️

Put your middle of the night ramblings here. 

**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Bump in the Night - November

• Options
    It's 3:30 and I'm wide awake because it sounds like my house is going to blow away. I hate high winds. It's my least favorite kind of weather. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Wide awake because MH has type 1 diabetes and his sugar was low when we went to bed. So here I am stalking his continuous glucose monitoring app to make sure his blood sugar doesn’t keep dropping. And he’s snoring away next to me. I suppose this is a preview of what it’s like to have a baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rox7777rox7777 member
    edited November 2019
    I’ve been waking up at 5am consistently for the last few nights. I don’t have to be up until 630, so it’s a bit annoying. On the plus side I’ve gotten the registry done and picked out stuff for the boys new shared room (our big project over winter break). Baby girl won’t be in a nursery until next summer because we want to keep the guest room option for the first few weeks while out of town families visit, but still need all of the starter stuff. 

ETA: Words are harder this early. 
  • Options
    Whoops. I didn't see this until I posted in the other bump thread. 

I can't stay asleep past 6am even though I had an alarm for 8 the other day just to catch up on some sleep. Now I'm up at 2am and there's no specific reason why...debating getting a snack and realizing I need to load up on super quick no prep required snacks
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    I cannot get comfortable at night. I’m trying to stay in my left side, but I like sleeping on my back too. Ugh it’s going to be a long road. 
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 You can sleep on your back for as long as it's comfortable.  Your body physically won't let you stay on your back anymore once it gets to the point where you shouldn't.  I asked my doctor when I had to stop sleeping on my back with my first pregnancy, and she laughed and said "when you physically can't anymore."  So enjoy that back sleep now if it's what's most comfortable for you!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    I’m lying awake worrying. My daycare provider (small, private daycare) told me yesterday she found out she has cancer and is starting chemo on Wednesday. I’m so devastated for her. She’s been so amazing with our son. I feel torn because she and her doctor said she shouldn’t be feeling too bad and will be able to continue working throughout. But also I can’t imagine that there won’t be days she needs off and of course, rightfully so. I want her to have those days and I feel guilty even worrying about that when this is so serious for her, I mean it’s her life. We don’t live near family and with MH doing work and law school full time his plate is full. My work is hard because I don’t have PTO and also need to arrange for a replacement for myself for days I’m out which isn’t always easy. I definitely don’t want to ditch her daycare but I need to figure out emergency options just in case. So anyways I’m up at 4AM worrying which isn’t getting us anywhere.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 That is tough, I am sorry for your provider. For me, this is why we ended up switching to an actual daycare after a year of in home. We were at a point with jobs and stuff that we just needed the reliability of an actual center.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua Thank you. <3 It is not an in-home daycare but it is also very different from a big center. Sigh.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 I figured it wasn't in home, I guess it was just easier for me to describe as in home. We had a family friend watch DD for almost the first year, then she had a baby and we found another person who did "in-home" but only had her kid and mine and occasionally another. She dropped us after only 1.5 months because her husband got a new job working from home and they couldn't have multiple kiddos disrupting him so she stopped watching kids altogether. Thats when we just changed to a center.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua I gotcha, that stinks that she just dropped you like that. Mine is kind of hard to explain. My provider has a background in early childhood as a teacher/principal with a PhD in education and originally opened it as a "school" a few years ago with the idea to become a bigger center. She has not proceeded with that part yet as she also is a professor for the university a few nights a week etc etc (and I presume maybe some health issues?). So it definitely functions more similarly to a center since that is what it was opened to be but is just small. We did go to an in-home daycare prior to our move and it was definitely harder with more last minute closures etc. 
  • Options
    I’m awake because I am a stomach sleeper and I can’t do it anymore so I’ve been restless. This caused a hysterical breaking down last night because I’m so over tired, my poor DS thinks I’m crazy at this point and as DF told me to go hide in our room
  • Options
    3:45 in the morning and I’m wide awake because DF and his stupid flicking thing of his feet, he shakes the whole damn bed! And DS is in our bed and the dog and cat were on top of me, can’t I sleep for once!
  • Options
    Ugh, @mamaj1220 that is frustrating! DH loves to rub his feet together, with socks on, and the vibrations always move through the whole bed or even when we are just sitting up on the couch watching TV.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    I’ve had a string a really weird dreams/nightmares I don’t think I’ll ever get to sleep tonight 😩 I’m also having some indigestion which isn’t helping... 
  • Options
    The f&$@ing plow guy woke me up an hour ago. Still awake. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022