Can’t help but worry — The Bump
1st Trimester

Can’t help but worry

I should be about 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning a little light headed & thought “ok this could be morning sickness starting to happen!” Later in the morning when I went to the bathroom & when I wiped I noticed some pink spotting on the toilet paper. The spotting has continued all day, never enough to actually get on my underwear but always seen when I wipe. Along with this is I’ve been having PMS type cramping for about 4-5 days. I also have lost the tenderness I had been feeling in my breasts. When I called my doctor they said they don’t feel it’s anything to worry about. However, I am freaking out. This is my first pregnancy & I have PCOS & it took a lot for me to get here. Any advice? Thoughts? Similar experiences? My first ultrasound is November 7.

Re: Can’t help but worry

• b_free_3 said:
    I should be about 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning a little light headed & thought “ok this could be morning sickness starting to happen!” Later in the morning when I went to the bathroom & when I wiped I noticed some pink spotting on the toilet paper. The spotting has continued all day, never enough to actually get on my underwear but always seen when I wipe. Along with this is I’ve been having PMS type cramping for about 4-5 days. I also have lost the tenderness I had been feeling in my breasts. When I called my doctor they said they don’t feel it’s anything to worry about. However, I am freaking out. This is my first pregnancy & I have PCOS & it took a lot for me to get here. Any advice? Thoughts? Similar experiences? My first ultrasound is November 7.
    Trust your doctor!  If they feel it's not much to worry about, then try not to worry too much.  If you have had sex that can cause some spotting.  If you are not bleeding heavy, just trust your doc, as they deal with this every day.  If you do start bleeding heavily, call again, let them know and they will tell you what to do.   You will find out more at your ultrasound.  
    b_free_3ttcbabyodoMalidociousbrookert615
  • I had a lot of spotting with my first pregnancy. Turned out to be okay in the end :) try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know). If the spotting turns red and gets heavier and/or you have strong cramps check in with your doctor again. Otherwise, just hang tight and wait for your ultrasound appointment.
    IUI 08/2013 - natural cycle, BFN
    IUI 10/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 11/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 03/2014 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 05/2014 - Femara + FSH, BFN
    IUI 06/2014 - FSH, BFP! DS born 02/2015

TTC #2 (and #3)
    W IUI 08/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W IUI 10/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W diagnosed as low AMH
    Me: PCOS
    Myo-Inositol, NAC, prenatals
    IUI 03/2018 - Gonal F - BFN

INVOcell IVF September 2018 - BFP!!! B/G Twins born 04/2019
    Malidociousb_free_3brookert615
  • Loading the player...
  • As sucky as it is, you just have to wait it out. Cramping and symptoms that come and go are normal parts of pregnancy. Spotting can be normal and a result of lots of things- implantation, post sex bleeding, etc. Anecdotally- I’ve had bleeding with 3 of my 4 pregnancies (one of which was unexplained very heavy bleeding in first tri that ended in a healthy baby girl at 40+5) and only one of those ended in miscarriage. I know it’s tough, but unless you are filling a pad an hour or having extreme cramping, the best thing that you can do is keep busy to try and distract yourself and just hang in there until your ultrasound. 
    Malidociousb_free_3