May 2020 Moms

Whole30 Support

This is a place for anything and everything Whole30! Recipes, support, and anything else that applies.

TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Whole30 Support

• @mokay19 I've done several W30s and am super excited for you! I highly recommend going through your fridge, pantry and spices before hand and separating out what you can and cannot have. One time I gave some condiments to my parents or friends, other times I just made one of the doors/shelves off limits in the fridge. I also put spices/pantry items that are a no up on the top shelves or separate them if I am doing one and H is not.

They have a bunch of great PDF resources on their website:
    https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Also I follow whole30recipes on Instagram (posts and stories), they have a new guest each week that shows you W30 recipes, talks about their journey, and any other sort of support they feel helpful. A new one just started today!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Thank you, @m6agua ... I’m excited to do it and I hope my cravings/nausea allow it to be a good and successful month!
    That’s a great recommendation to separate spices ahead of time!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are moving back towards WHOLE30 right now but have been making exceptions for the pregnant person who has aversions and cravings. 😂
  • My big tips are stay hydrated and look up what any cravings mean. For example I was heavily craving saltine crackers which meant i wasn't getting enough sodium. Whole30 took a TON of time to cook. I enjoyed it much better the second half when I had a few bulk recipes.

a few foods that saved me on my journey:
    -Cut up a TON of sweet potatoes to last you the week. They are good for all three meals of a day and snacks!  This is a good tip in general, when you meal prep- meal prep. Don't cut one onion, cut 3 and save in fridge. I do not like sweet potatoes, but I learned to like them as a great staple and nutritional value on this journey
    -Chili was my saving grace. I made mine with sweet potatoes also and was delicious.
    -Hard Boiled eggs. I got a machine off amazon for 15 that hard boils your eggs super fast. Instapot also can do this. It takes so much time waiting for water to boil. This has great protein and I would eat 3 for breakfast.
    -buffalo chicken: i'm 99% this was from whole30- but it was a bunch of chicken breasts that we threw in a crock pot with Frank's hot sauce with spices. It shreds and we ate on sweet potatoes (lol noticing a trend?). I still make this recipe (but don't eat it on sweet potatoes anymore)

• i've always been very intrigued to do this but know it take a lot of effort. I'm going to suggest DH and I try this when i hit second-trimester and my stomach can handle more than carbs without feeling terribly nauseous.